pawson transport

Hi All

Anybody know what type off work/loads this company are doing now and what they are like to work after the old firm going bust

Thanks in advance

:question:

I spoke to one of their drivers the other day. He said it was general/tautliner work. He also said the money was ■■■■ but wouldn’t elaborate.

Rob

AFAIK as far as pay and conditions are concerned very little has changed from the old company.
The door revolves reasonably fast, I know of a few drivers who have given it a go and walked away at some point later. I recently posted an ad that they put in the local weekly rag, so a quick search of my posts should reveal the rates etc

Edit: here it is

LGV Class 1 drivers req`d
Preferably ALMI Hiab certified
48 hrs basic rate £7.25 p/hr
Secondary rate £8.20 p/hr
£20 night out
Subsistance allowance
28 days holiday (inc stats)

Also Reqd **Traffic Assistant** Previous experience prefered Possess good IT skills Ability to communicate with customers and staff Proactive and willing attitude Saturday working reqd
Must have current driving licence
Salary circa £18K

Applications by post or email
email: richard@pawsontransport.com
Fieldhouses
Ashton Lane
Braithwell rotherham S66 7RL

they do quite a bit out of Nestle in Bardon

the vehicles and trailers are not up to the same standard as they were before the old company went bust

some of the tractor units look positively shabby :confused:

give um a break least there trying

they might be trying but the pays still ■■■■■ ,the kit is all old motors an fred in the garage is still an arse

maybe thats why it went ■■■■ up?

no mate its not that was cos of bad financial advice ,apparently same financial adviser stuffed a large company in leeds

Watch for 7 wagon & drags appearing in their yard shortly. (12 plate motors) They’ll be used on block work.

killsville:
Watch for 7 wagon & drags appearing in their yard shortly. (12 plate motors) They’ll be used on block work.

You work for them.

spectron:

killsville:

You work for them.

No. They will be pulling for the company I work for.

Jack-knife:
give um a break least there trying

I’m not knocking them, though several friends and workmates lost their jobs when it went ■■■■ up previously. Even i had a stint there on agy. ATM They do seem to be following in their old ways, doing work they did before, with similar trucks, attitude & paying the same rates of pay.
When they restarted a couple of their old stalwart drivers returned to the jobs they did before. But soon left. Recently There has been several O licence applications advertised in the local rag in recent months by Pawsons, but I put this down to other firms using the yard for parking.
Also if anyone follows D&B DUNS financial reports, pawsons do seem to fluctuate +/- with more negative reports recently

Pay peanuts = get monkeys. I had a pawson’s take umbrage and put me on the hard shoulder on the M1 at Wooley Edge this morning at 0540 because I was doing 50 mph (truck limited to that speed) and he had to slow down behind me because he had another wagon overtaking him at the time. Just came past me and then pulled back into lane 1 when he was 3/4 past me. :open_mouth: Plain 08-plate Globetrotter pulling one of their curtainsiders. Their drivers were all a bunch of knobs when it was Pawson’s v.1. I see nothing has changed then. :unamused:

Rob K:
Pay peanuts = get monkeys. I had a pawson’s take umbrage and put me on the hard shoulder on the M1 at Wooley Edge this morning at 0540 because I was doing 50 mph (truck limited to that speed) and he had to slow down behind me because he had another wagon overtaking him at the time. Just came past me and then pulled back into lane 1 when he was 3/4 past me. :open_mouth: Plain 08-plate Globetrotter pulling one of their curtainsiders. Their drivers were all a bunch of knobs when it was Pawson’s v.1. I see nothing has changed then. :unamused:

I see they have got some newer wagons. The last few I have passed looked fairly new and tidy-ish. Keep seeing a white SSC XF with top and bottom bars on, don’t know what year it’s on but it looks clean and tidy. Wonder if it was bought like that or the drivers put them on, or pawsons.
When I was doing my class 1, the trainer used to there yard for practising the reverse exercise.

Well, the experience is there from the people that run it.

So they pay rubbish money along with the majority of other transport firms, what’s new?

Always a shame when a firm goes down through skulduggery rather than poor steerage from the captains.