Paul Watson

Hi all,
I’m Steve, Paul Watsons brother and I thought I would let everybody know for those that don’t that Paul was released on bail 6 weeks ago.
At the moment he is having to remain in France and last Monday (12th) myself and other members of my family went out to see him.
He is looking really well, better than expected considering what he has been through these last 9 months.
After an emotional reunion we proceeded to drink copious amounts of beer and wine and got wrecked. It was good to see him enjoying himself and be able to laugh and smile again.
The next big milestone will be September which his next review and we are hoping that there is a good chance that he will be released then. We are not getting our hopes up too much as we have been there before only to have our hopes dashed but his solicitor is quite confident that will happen but we will wait and see - watch this space!
On or visit we took along with us a TV crew from Meridian Tonight which is our local ITV news station who did an interview with Paul and it was televised last Wednesday. They also had on the program a interview with a member of the Road Haulage Association and it was stated that the RHA are going to set up a top level meeting with the French authorities to try and bring into line the operating procedures between the UK and France. As you know in this country drivers are not held responsible for knowing the contents of their trailers but in France they are. This is one of the issues that the RHA are going to try and battle out with the French so hopefully there may be some good that will come out of what my brother has just been through - and all the others like him.
Anyway guys and gals, that’s all for now but I will keep you posted with any further developements

hi steve,this is good news and i hope that it all goes well for paul come september.but as you say we won’t get our hopes up.i hope the rha can get a meeting with the french authorities as this kind of imprisonment has to stop.drivers are only doing what they are paid to do and its terrible that people like steve and families have to face this kind of harrasment from the french and other countries .its about time that the british goverment started to care for people in there own countries first rather than worry about other countries problems.good luck to you’s and i hope it get better come september. :wink:

ditto what kk says m8… good news for all concerned…

Dont hope for much change out of the french,brits do it one way and the french do it another way but they both do it within the same laws■■? :cry:

As you say froggy the French do it one way and the Brits do it another, but in the UK you are innocent UNTIL proven guilty, not the other way round as in France

Keelman,thought of you today as I drove past perpignan nick,whats the score with the french now are you cleared or still owed money from the french,by the way a couple of mouths ago biggest bust in le boulou the french had had and last week another biggy, lucky or is an east wind blowing? :question: :question: