Paul Watson latest

Hi all,
Some good news at last, Paul was allowed home to the UK over the new year for 10 days from the 29th Dec til 9th Jan. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: He has to return to his bail lodgings in France by the 9th Jan (this Sunday).
The French have said that this 10 days is a test of his trustworthinesss and if he returns to France by the deadline then that will prove that he has nothing to hide or run away from. He will then have to wait for about 3-4 weeks until all the paperwork comes through and when that’s done then they will release him on bail to the UK. This is not set in stone but if the French are as good as their word then it should happen. One small down side to this is that he will have to return to France every 2-3 weeks to sign on the dotted line at the local gendarmerie as the case is still ongoing because there is now a European Arrest Warrant out for the [zb] that stitched him up in the first place so the French need to keep track of Paul’s whereabouts in case they need to question him again if and when they catch the other guy.
As you can imagine, this was brilliant news for Paul, myself and the rest of the family and we all got together for 4 days over the new year to toast his return home. A good time was had by all and we all got merrily drunk, especially Paul, as not having really touched a lot of alcohol over the past 16 months, 5 or 6 pints and he was half plastered.
The occasion was a happy and quite emotional one but Paul enjoyed it as much as the rest of us, it was just so good to see him and he looked really well and it was the best xmas present we could have wished for.
Hopefully, 2005 will be a better year for Paul and his fiancee Sarah and they will be able to start and rebuild their lives together.

A Happy New Year to you all :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Steve Watson

That really is good news, now lets see if the French Are as good with their word.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That is really good news Steve

Give our regards to Paul and Sarah

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

K & M

Great news. Lets hope it really is a happy new year for Paul.

Wonderful news happy new year to you all. :wink:

wideboy:
Some good news at last, Paul was allowed home to the UK over the new year for 10 days from the 29th Dec til 9th Jan. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: He has to return to his bail lodgings in France by the 9th Jan (this Sunday).
One small down side to this is that he will have to return to France every 2-3 weeks to sign on the dotted line at the local gendarmerie
Steve Watson

Steve,
Good news indeed, however I was amazed that he was still in prison till now because I last wrote to him on January 31st last year and, not receiving a reply, assumed he had been released.
Looking back at my records I realise that I was at fault there. I got his letter just before leaving for a few days away from home and dashed off a quick reply saying I would write more fully on my return.
Please pass on my apologies for leaving him alone for so long but also my very best wishes for the future.
I find it quite amazing that he has to return to France to report each time. Don’t the gendarmes trust his local police to monitor his ‘signing on’?

Salut, David.

Thanks for the reply Spardo,
Paul was released on bail in June last year but had to remain in France.
He was bailed to live with an English couple, in the Pas De Calais region where he has been til now.
The reason that he has to report to a French police station and not a UK one is simply that the French police and the British police do not see eye to eye and there is no love lost between the two, which is just one of the reasons that this has gone on so long - so much for us all being in Europe together, eh!
I will pass on your apologies and your best wishes

Steve

The reason that he has to report to a French police station and not a UK one is simply that the French police and the British police do not see eye to eye and there is no love lost between the two,

Steve
[/quote]

It is not only the UK police they do not see eye to eye with, they will not co-operate with the Spanish either, otherwise we could see an end to many innocent drivers been locked up and lives ruined

Congratulations and i am pleased that he was allowed out for xmas…makes the french look good for a change…perhaps the reporting side of things may not look so bad if he only has to travel to calais…the downside of course is the costs…although i am quite sure there are drivers on here who could assist with that…but i would like to wish him all the best for 2005 and hope we are informed of the progress…and hope that they catch whoever was responsible for the despicable act in the first place…
have a nice day

I hope that it works out and that the French keep their word.

Please give my regards to both Paul and Sarah