Paul Watson back in the UK

HI all,
My brother Paul has finally been released on bail to the UK :smiley: and came home last Saturday, his fiancee Sarah drove over to France last Friday evening and brought him back.
As you can imagine, myself and the rest of the family are thrilled and overjoyed to have him home and back on British soil at last. That little pin prick of light at the end of the tunnel that we’ve been desperately hoping would get bigger has suddenly turned into a BIG, BRIGHT spot light.
The case is still ongoing so he will probably have to report back to the French authorities at some stage but for now he can start to rebuild his life with Sarah and get back to some sort of normality and although he is home we will still carry on the fight to clear his name.
The whole family are getting together down at my other brothers in Yeovil on the 12th March for a knees up but I doubt if Paul will be able to last too long as not having drunk much alcohol for the past 18 months it will probably only take 3 or 4 pints and he’ll be out of it.
Thanks all, and I hope those of you that are in a similar situation as we have been in for the past 18 months soon find yourselves reunited with loved ones and out of the nightmare.

That’s excellent news wideboy and all the best
for the future :smiley: .

That is exccellent news and all the best to your brother and the family
lets us see a quick end to this miscarriage of juistice that happens
when the system is incorrect . please give your brother regards from all
of us here,on the net.

Some really good news that.

That’s great news I don’t know what to say I am just so pleased for you all :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Enjoy being a family again and I will raise a glass to you all. :wink:

I obviously don’t know Paul but would still wish him well and I am pleased to hear he is home with his family & freinds.

well congratulations from me and my family … what doe he think to french and the way he has been treated appart from the initial their ■■■■■ will he do euro again or is he put off… i dont me any offence by this question some people would just jump back in the saddle some would be put off for life.

Thanks all for your comments.
Jessicas dad - I don’t think he’s been put off entirely, as he has got nothing against the French people in general, it’s just the French authorities and the judicial system that he’s angry with. Apart from that, I don’t think you’ll find him driving trucks in europe again, not in the immediate future anyway.

thanks for the reply and i really do wish him the best of luck :laughing:

A great bit of news…may the party go with a swing wideboy on the 12th march and may paul enjoy his new found freedom…i`ll drink to that…i am running to spain at the moment and the checks at the borders are daunting…one at La junquera…opening the trailer doors…asking did you load…where were you when it was being loaded…and one never knows whether to answer…in the cab…or in the trailer…just in case…and then to do it again at the first services where police and customs are waiting…its all done politely…and efficiently.but
neverthless…frightens the brown stuff outta ya.
good luck and best regards

Now this is the sort of good news we all like to hear.
Best of luck for the future Paul.

Welcome home Paul and not before time.

The laws that put drivers in these indefensible positions need rewriting unfortunately no official body is interested in doing this :open_mouth: .

You can do your bit to help by signing the online part of the petition that is attempting to get these laws changed at

http://www.justicefordrivers.org

remember every signature helps in what will be an extremely long and uphill battle.

goooood news and good luck for the future mate :laughing:

Vascoingles:
You can do your bit to help by signing the online part of the petition that is attempting to get these laws changed at

http://www.justicefordrivers.org

remember every signature helps in what will be an extremely long and uphill battle.

Done no.632

I was reading the article in CM today it seems that they have to make a decision one way or another by September (fingers crossed)

If they drop it do you think you’re brother will take the matter further i.e. European Court because their legal system infringes peoples Human Rights.

Maybe getting in touch with Vascoingles and others who have gone through the same process and getting a group litigation case together or will he want to just get on with his life now and put it behind him?

I know the wounds are still a bit fresh and he is probably just concentrating on his family at the mo’ but I was just curious really

My own personal feeling would be to go to court to try and stop them doing it to others but as I have never been put in that position (& hope never will be) I cant say this with any real authority. I wouldn’t knock anyone for not wanting to go through this process either - overcome one major legal battle just to line yourself up with another .

Like I say just a curiosity question no judgement on anybody’s character

North Surrey Haulage you seem to be a touch confused personally I have never been in that situation thankfully.

I started Justice For Drivers because I was incensed at the way John Vasey was treated which caused me to investigate a bit further.

Vascoingles:
North Surrey Haulage you seem to be a touch confused personally I have never been in that situation thankfully.

I started Justice For Drivers because I was incensed at the way John Vasey was treated which caused me to investigate a bit further.

I am definately confused then coz I thought you were John :blush: :blush: :blush: :unamused: :unamused:

No mate I´m not John is taller and uglier than me :laughing:

John’s username is zebadee :wink:

Paul,

Mary and I are pleased to hear of your return and it goes without saying we know how Sarah and the family feel.

Take things easy and anything we can do just ask

Mary and Ken Vasey

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
This realy is excellent news and I’m very happy for Paul and his familiy. Lets hope for a quick resolution and they can all get on with their lives.

I am John Vasey and Vasco is rite, I am bigger and uglier than him but I do have a certain charm for the ladies :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

If you haven’t already, please go and sign the petition or you can come and see us at the Truckfest events this year.

Best regards Paul

John