Paul Mathew International

What sort of work do these guys do? I’ve seen a lot of their trailers parked up in laybys and on bits of waste ground but never seen a unit with them!

Show and theatre work from memory trailers can park at services but units they won’t pay for was told this a while ago so things could have changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a bit tight fisted isn’t it?! I’ve only ever seen them left in laybys and saw one on some waste ground in middle of nowhere today. Wouldn’t fancy leaving my trailer anywhere it’d be chopped up and on its way to Africa before I knew it!

xfmatt:
That’s a bit tight fisted isn’t it?! I’ve only ever seen them left in laybys and saw one on some waste ground in middle of nowhere today. Wouldn’t fancy leaving my trailer anywhere it’d be chopped up and on its way to Africa before I knew it!

The big television and theatre haulier going back some was Luckings from West Sussex. The trailers could be seen all over similar to Paul Mathew now. When the owner sold it he told the purchaser that he had double the number of trailers that actually existed. He listed different laybys and waste ground around the country where the trailers were supposed to be but of course they never existed. He went to prison! But more fool the company who brought them not to check before parting with the folding stuff! :smiley:

mainly theater work .late nites and weekends sleeping in the day cpl days of mid week if its the ones i know of hope this helps

yep theatre work around the whole of the UK and abroad
work weekends 1-2days off in the week know a couple who work for them and they both seem happy chappys

have several depots/fields around the uk i think, but the main ones at Littlehapton near Arundel Sussex i believe

Typical sort of job for them boys on Theatre would be say 2 units & 8 to 10 trailers on one show hence all the trailers scattered around in laybyes!

Paul Matthew are based at littlehampton in west sussex.

It’s mostly theatre work and although they don’t seem to do it anymore, when they advertised locally for drivers it always stated that work would include every weekend. That would be Bourne out by the fact that passing the yard midweek will see 20 plus units parked up.

I’ve never worked for then myself but know a fair few who have and the general consensus is that if your face fits, don’t know what that requires, it’s a good job for fair money.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Didn’t LeeG do a bit for them? Sure he posted pics on here and would share his warm feelings towards him :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50894&p=585106&hilit=diary#p585106

There ya go :smiley:

Thanks for the replies people! I’ve no particular interest in the company just wondered why I was seeing trailers and no units dotted about everywhere!

xfmatt:
Thanks for the replies people! I’ve no particular interest in the company just wondered why I was seeing trailers and no units dotted about everywhere!

theatres all change shows on a saturday night, packing for the show is put back in the trailer, no point dragging it back to the yard, so they dump them were they can

Spotted a load of trailers and some units in Avonmouth truck stop yesterday and all the trailers had a fresh looking sticker stuck on them advertising for drivers and to call 01903730930 and they’re based in Bogner Regis.

Hope this might be of use to somebody.

There was a unit and trailer parked up on waste ground near junction 44 at Carlisle yesterday. Oh sorry when I say waste I mean the vosa checkpoint.

They have a trailer parking area round the corner from me in what was the old Golden Wonder factory in Widnes, some trailers liveried up with Cats and other shows, if your your lucky your may see the odd tractor unit coming in and out, a Daf was parked up at the butty van one day.