PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

nilocekyd:
Bumping the thread back up with some favourites of mine, for various reasons. all previously posted by Dean.

regards
Colin

Nice photos Colin.Was the tilt cab Mercury one of Clapcotts?
Do you remember this photo you sent me,one of my favourites…

aec144.jpg

Anyone know if Dean is ok, haven’t seen him post for a while and have tried to send him a pm but it won’t allow me to■■?

Kempston:
Anyone know if Dean is ok, haven’t seen him post for a while and have tried to send him a pm but it won’t allow me to■■?

I understand he’s busy meeting extended family needs at the moment. He’ll be back! :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

Kempston:

I understand he’s busy meeting extended family needs at the moment. He’ll be back! :wink:

Thanks for that.

Chris Webb:

yes it was Chris,
ran out of Poole most of the time, Shell had a loading facility down near the docks. it was one of a few Clapcots to have appeared on this thread.

aseries.jpg

L7585p.JPG

I eventually managed to get hold of a copy of the book Family Affairs, Clapcots featured in this but as “Diesel Fuel Pump Injector Services” which was their trading name. some great photos of their earlier AEC’s

family-affairs.jpg

regards
Colin.

Hi drivers this an old photo of my grandads truck terry cashmore (top cat)

Some of you might know my grandad and his story’s

This was his own truck when he ran Brit Europium to Belgium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kempston:

ERF-NGC-European:

Kempston:

Thanks for that.

Glad to hear that Dean is well …best wishes to him and his family …he is certainly missed …Geraint

nilocekyd:

Chris Webb:

yes it was Chris,
ran out of Poole most of the time, Shell had a loading facility down near the docks. it was one of a few Clapcots to have appeared on this thread.

I eventually managed to get hold of a copy of the book Family Affairs, Clapcots featured in this but as “Diesel Fuel Pump Injector Services” which was their trading name. some great photos of their earlier AEC’s

regards
Colin.

Colin,I’ve had this photo for ages,is it one of Clapcotts AEC MK5s do you know? Looks like it could be ex Tyburn as it has what looks like a KX Bucks reg.
Cheers,chris

aec143.jpg

Chris Webb:
Colin,I’ve had this photo for ages,is it one of Clapcotts AEC MK5s do you know? Looks like it could be ex Tyburn as it has what looks like a KX Bucks reg.
Cheers,chris

Morning Chris, yes it was one of Clapcotts. I believe this was taken as it exited a contractors compound during the building of the M27, Portsmouth end?. not sure if they delivered Bitumen to mobile plants back then or it was red diesel/gas oil for the construction machines?

regards
Colin.

some more because I like them…previously posted by Dean, courtesy of Paul and Mark…

A03608p.JPG

AY17.JPG

A04909p.JPG

regards
Colin

Nice photos Colin.Some from me to keep thread up top.

talbot.jpg

aec372.jpg

Chris Webb:
Nice photos Colin.Some from me to keep thread up top.

Great selection of pictures Chris, Coatesgate Cafe on the A74 at Beattock brings back many memories.

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Sorry to drag up an old post, but wondering if anyone, especially jshepguis, has any more info on A Sanderson? I own a Hillman Imp Van which I have a photo of it in A Sanderson Service Van livery and I’m trying to learn more about its history. Was it an official A Sanderson service van? Any more photo or info?

Thanks,

Pete

jshepguis:
Great seeing the two Arthur Sanderson Borderers, father and uncles drove for them. Driver of GAJ 633N was Richad Wilson, this lorry was used as a tramper and wasn’t on changeover or trunking duties along with GHN 535N which may be the other borderer behind in photo. Sandersons had a depot in Newport so most of the work was between the north east and south wales, steel especially. Is this road the Monmouth road?
Dennis as far as i can remember Sandersons fleet was pretty standardised in that Gardner 180 david brown 6 speed. The last one of which my uncle drove DPY 565L had the later axle as it was about 10mph faster than the others! They then bought 3 Gardner 240 and 4 off 220 ■■■■■■■ all with 9 speed Fullers on M plates then GAJ and GHN were last Borderers bought with same spec, as far as i can recall, before they bought their first 400 series, which was also the first sleeper cab on the fleet.
Once again these photos are like a time capsule and once again thank you DeanB and Paul for putting these out.

Interesting! Though I lived in London between 1965 and 1973, I have no recollection of Hillman Imp vans!

Froggy55:
Interesting! Though I lived in London between 1965 and 1973, I have no recollection of Hillman Imp vans!

They were not that popular and were only produced for around five years. 18,194 were made, badged as a ‘Commer’ originally.

Pete.

Pjf220:
Sorry to drag up an old post, but wondering if anyone, especially jshepguis, has any more info on A Sanderson? I own a Hillman Imp Van which I have a photo of it in A Sanderson Service Van livery and I’m trying to learn more about its history. Was it an official A Sanderson service van? Any more photo or info?

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete.
Interesting photo i cannot recall the service van, but have asked one or two people about it. I don’t think it was actually ex Sandersons, couple of things, The unit looks to be the one that was preserved GAJ 633N by a driver called Alan Brown who rescued it from the West Bromwich depot and did it up so this looks to be at some sort of show. Also the actual signage on the Sanderson fleet was by this time being owned by R Durhams, had just Sanderson and not a Sanderson as in the photo. Registration is also not a local North East one , hope this helps a little. And another photo of unit from the NA3T website

CZC00255-32.jpg

Pjf220:

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete.
Interesting photo i cannot recall the service van, but have asked one or two people about it. I don’t think it was actually ex Sandersons, couple of things, The unit looks to be the one that was preserved GAJ 633N by a driver called Alan Brown who rescued it from the West Bromwich depot and did it up so this looks to be at some sort of show. Also the actual signage on the Sanderson fleet was by this time being owned by R Durhams, had just Sanderson and not a Sanderson as in the photo. Registration is also not a local North East one , hope this helps a little. And another photo of unit from the NA3T website

jshepguis:

Pjf220:

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete.

This was the other photo I got sent, think that might be a Durhams in the background.

Pjf220:

jshepguis:

Pjf220:

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete.

[
This was the other photo I got sent, think that might be a Durhams in the background.

I always thought that the Hillman Imp van was a very attractive vehicle. What they were like to drive and if they were reliable, I do not know.
There was a rumour locally that a local small Undertaker firm was going to have a Hillman Imp van converted into a small hearse, perhaps for
small coffins and childrens funerals, whether that ever happened, I do not know. Cheers, Ray Smyth.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Yes that would be Durhams yard at West Bromwich, where Alan was based.