PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
The Daf is one of McCarthy’s from Wrexham, still operating.
The Benders Daf may also be from Wrexham, I think benders made drinking cups for vending machines etc but not 100% sure, Cheer’s Pete

They have/had a place on the industrial estate off the Gresford roundabout.

pig pen:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
The Daf is one of McCarthy’s from Wrexham, still operating.
The Benders Daf may also be from Wrexham, I think benders made drinking cups for vending machines etc but not 100% sure, Cheer’s Pete

They have/had a place on the industrial estate off the Gresford roundabout.

Hi, yes they had a depot in Coleford maybe 10yrs back for said company ,now MANs that are all on hire from A N Richards Ruabon .
Good to see you back Dean ,great stuff as usual ,regards Keith

J.R.Harding ERF. Looks like there is no windscreen. Posted an article about Hardings on page
Ay up Dean, I drove a windowless ERF up from Slough to Leicester you buga that wasn’t for the feint hearted :open_mouth:

Palmers Transport were based at Ecchinswell near Newbury, they ran in green livery if I remember correctly

Pete.

DEANB:

ArcDaz:
Hi Dean great to see you are back on here again hope to see more good pics back on here again soon Regards Daz :smiley: :wink:

Just been busy Daz with other stuff. :wink:

Article about tippers from 1978.

Click on pages twice to read.

Great Articles Dean as always good to see more old stuff going on here again on this thread :smiley:

DEANB:
Palmers Volvo F88. Looks like Newbury on the door ■■

Not had a Bulwark motor on for a while.

J.R.Harding ERF. Looks like there is no windscreen. Posted an article about Hardings on page 322.

John Wyatt F86 tanker. Anyone know where they were based ■■

Cant make out where the J.W.H.Spicer & Sons Scania is from ■■

Anyone know where E.J.Coombe were from ■■

Anyone recognise the Meeks Bedford TM ■■ We have had a fair few of Meeks of Kirkby on before,but a different colour scheme.

Shirleys ERF from Stoke on Trent.Posted an article about them on page 487.

English China Clay Leyland Octopus. I dont recall seeing one of there’s before with single tyres on the rear axles,so assume this was a trial ?

Heres a cracker Daz, Andrews Plant from Wareham.

Terrific Dean some more nice oldies thats what i like see that Scammell Routeman Andrews plant from Wareham is excellent shot and another great pic is China clay Leyland Octopus tipper is a big fav for me too they have always had a very tidy fleet over the years keep the good work going buddy Regards DAZ :wink: :slight_smile: :smiley:

DEANB:
Palmers Volvo F88. Looks like Newbury on the door ■■

Not had a Bulwark motor on for a while.

J.R.Harding ERF. Looks like there is no windscreen. Posted an article about Hardings on page 322.

John Wyatt F86 tanker. Anyone know where they were based ■■

Cant make out where the J.W.H.Spicer & Sons Scania is from ■■

Anyone know where E.J.Coombe were from ■■
Hi Dean,great photo Flour millers from Thoverton nr Exeter Devon part of Allied mills was a watermill and made stoneground flour shut down in the late eighties driver here was Jim Pearn his dad and brothers also were drivers.We used to trunk bags and bulk down from Healings Tewkesbury after they shut all the bulk was done from Tewkesbury and the bags by Renwicks freight then Frank Tucker and finnally Parsons being trunked down on artics and split onto four wheelers firstly DAF 1900s then Scanias 93s when Parsons took over also Parsons used to collect from Tewkesbury as a back load each day cheers Keith flourpower

Anyone recognise the Meeks Bedford TM ■■ We have had a fair few of Meeks of Kirkby on before,but a different colour scheme.

Shirleys ERF from Stoke on Trent.Posted an article about them on page 487.

English China Clay Leyland Octopus. I dont recall seeing one of there’s before with single tyres on the rear axles,so assume this was a trial ?

Heres a cracker Daz, Andrews Plant from Wareham.

8732785130_f7338795fb.jpg

NMP

Some taken in Barton park truck stop which is no more the cafe has shut down permanently,also noticed scotch corner services no hgv allowed ,all the old haunts have long gone ,will pm you later dean

smallcoal:
Some taken in Barton park truck stop which is no more the cafe has shut down permanently,also noticed scotch corner services no hgv allowed ,all the old haunts have long gone ,will pm you later dean

So where do drivers stop for a meal in that area now Smallcoal? The old Quernhow Cafe is now a Hymas depot,the Little Bistro,Londonderry and old Clock Cafe near Scotch Corner,plus the Cafe at Scotch Corner have vanished,and now Barton is no longer.Not sure about the Windmill at Rainton,has that gone as well?

Chris Webb:

smallcoal:

So where do drivers stop for a meal in that area now Smallcoal? The old Quernhow Cafe is now a Hymas depot,the Little Bistro,Londonderry and old Clock Cafe near Scotch Corner,plus the Cafe at Scotch Corner have vanished,and now Barton is no longer.Not sure about the Windmill at Rainton,has that gone as well?

There is still the large Barton Park services just north of Scotch Corner Chris, plus a cafe on the A66 a mile or so after leaving the A1M. Also the services at Leeming Bar.

Pete.

windrush:

Chris Webb:

smallcoal:

There is still the large Barton Park services just north of Scotch Corner Chris, plus a cafe on the A66 a mile or so after leaving the A1M. Also the services at Leeming Bar.

Pete.

Of course,I forgot Leeming Bar,I pass it quite often on the old A1,the A6005,always busy with HGVs.I didn’t realise there was a Barton Park Truck Stop and a Barton Park Services,not been up that way for a long time.

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Have issues with the computer and
it’s in being repaired so possibly back
next week.

Chris Webb:
Of course,I forgot Leeming Bar,I pass it quite often on the old A1,the A6005,always busy with HGVs.I didn’t realise there was a Barton Park Truck Stop and a Barton Park Services,not been up that way for a long time.

We travel that way a lot Chris, in a ‘normal year’ we exhibit at several shows in North Yorkshire (Masham Steam Rally, the Masham Sheep Fair, Newby Hall and the Hunton Gathering) and stay at the Travelodge at Skeeby (site of the old Clock Cafe) but we were at Chester le Street Show a fortnight ago and stayed three nights at Washington Services. That is still very busy with trucks stopping overnight, or all weekend in some cases. Not many drivers working 'dodgy’s nowadays haha! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:

Chris Webb:

We travel that way a lot Chris, in a ‘normal year’ we exhibit at several shows in North Yorkshire (Masham Steam Rally, the Masham Sheep Fair, Newby Hall and the Hunton Gathering) and stay at the Travelodge at Skeeby (site of the old Clock Cafe) but we were at Chester le Street Show a fortnight ago and stayed three nights at Washington Services. That is still very busy with trucks stopping overnight, or all weekend in some cases. Not many drivers working 'dodgy’s nowadays haha! :laughing:

Pete.

I live in Thirsk Pete,will there be a Steam rally at Masham this year,not far from me.I used to have dodgys from Scotch Corner to Sheffield when I got in front of misen. :laughing:

Chris Webb:
I live in Thirsk Pete,will there be a Steam rally at Masham this year,not far from me.I used to have dodgys from Scotch Corner to Sheffield when I got in front of misen. :laughing:

No Chris, Masham, Newby Hall and Hunton were all cancelled earlier in the year. Helmsey (Duncombe Park) was also cancelled, I doubt that the Sheep Fair will take place but I haven’t heard anything official yet. There is a lot of ‘up front’ expense involved with large events, and now that event organizers know about the covid risks insurers wont pay out for cancellations. We have our local Cromford rally next weekend though, Punchy Dan used to show his truck there but I think it’s too far for him nowadays!!! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:

Chris Webb:

No Chris, Masham, Newby Hall and Hunton were all cancelled earlier in the year. Helmsey (Duncombe Park) was also cancelled, I doubt that the Sheep Fair will take place but I haven’t heard anything official yet. There is a lot of ‘up front’ expense involved with large events, and now that event organizers know about the covid risks insurers wont pay out for cancellations. We have our local Cromford rally next weekend though, Punchy Dan used to show his truck there but I think it’s too far for him nowadays!!! :laughing:

Pete.

Hi Pete,
I’m going to Cromford on the Saturday, what will you be showing and I’ll pop over for a chat? Cheer’s Pete

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes Pete, will be there in the bottom field both days in the rain! Apparently that field hasn’t dried out yet from the rain a month ago! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes Pete, will be there in the bottom field both days in the rain! Apparently that field hasn’t dried out yet from the rain a month ago! :laughing:

Pete.

I’ll keep an eye out for you Pete, stationery engine I’m guessing,

Just three old cattle waggons, Buzzer

224148288_2217491711725080_7335334282561044349_n.png

223959584_2217490945058490_8836119727192723849_n.png