PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Nice to see this thread back on track again Dean, well done mate :laughing:

L0456p.JPG.jpg

robthedog:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
That Daf was new to Paul Capper from Wolverhampton, it was owned by a lad from Chichester in your pic.
The pic of it in Pauls livery is credit to Jason.

Well what can you say, apart from he ruined the look of that !!

By then DAF was already part of the Paccar group weren’t they? Maybe the owner gave it a wee Kenworth/Peterbilt makeover, so he wouldn’t look too much out of style…?! :laughing:

Ackworth Transport were from surprise, surprise, Ackworth near Pontefract, used to load a few pallets out of their yard for back to the Northeast usually on a Saturday morning. Franky.

robthedog:

DEANB:

peggydeckboy:
I remember ACKWORTHS I think from HUDDERSFILED area they all had the spare wheel bolted on the front of the grill on their Big Js they were in a green livery, they carried tractors for DAVID BROWN DONCASTER plus case tractors for dock work export if my memory is correct. DBP. SORRY NO PHOTOS.

Thanks for the comments “DBP”. :wink:

Think this is the same Ackworth.

Is that old Windrush in the background

No, they had all long gone by the time I went driving! :laughing:

Pete.

Ackworth Transport from Ackworth near Pontefract,Onward from Stockport and Wheeler Road Transport from Sheffield were all in the same group - eventually Onward Group I think.

robthedog:
“DEANB”

:laughing: :laughing:

vwvanman0:
Think the tractor hauliers were James C Ashworth, not Ackworth, there is a sepetate thread on here dedicated to them, they got some tractors on those old trucks.

Steve

Cheers Steve. :wink:

pv83:
Nice to see this thread back on track again Dean, well done mate :laughing:

Just been busy Patrick. :wink:

pv83:
“robthedog” “pete smith” Hi Dean,
That Daf was new to Paul Capper from Wolverhampton, it was owned by a lad from Chichester in your pic.
The pic of it in Pauls livery is credit to Jason.

Well what can you say, apart from he ruined the look of that !!

By then DAF was already part of the Paccar group weren’t they? Maybe the owner gave it a wee Kenworth/Peterbilt makeover, so he wouldn’t look too much out of style…?! :laughing:

Classic,i wonder how many people told him it looked crap ! :laughing:

Frankydobo:
Ackworth Transport were from surprise, surprise, Ackworth near Pontefract, used to load a few pallets out of their yard for back to the Northeast usually on a Saturday morning. Franky.

:wink:

windrush:
“robthedog”

No, they had all long gone by the time I went driving! :laughing:

Pete.

:wink:

ArcDaz:
Hi Dean great to see you are back on here again hope to see more good pics back on here again soon Regards Daz :smiley: :wink:

Just been busy Daz with other stuff. :wink:

Article about tippers from 1978.

Click on pages twice to read.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Tilcon Foden S83 in the article did end up at our quarry, I think it was the first one we had in the new livery with the stripe around the cab.

Pete.

windrush:

The Tilcon Foden S83 in the article did end up at our quarry, I think it was the first one we had in the new livery with the stripe around the cab.

Pete.

Small world Pete ! :smiley: How many Fodens did they operate in total ? I am surprised i have not come across any articles about them bearing in mind how
many pics we have had and clippings of Tilcon Fodens.

DEANB:

windrush:

Pete.

Small world Pete ! :smiley: How many Fodens did they operate in total ? I am surprised i have not come across any articles about them bearing in mind how

I haven’t a clue Dean! Our Central area alone had around seventy which we at Ballidon were responsible for maintaining included Ballidon, Kevin and Mancetter quarries and Meriden sand pit. We had one for annual test every thursday, and sometimes two a week. Then there were the Welsh, Forest of Dean, Cheshire/Potteries area, Kent, London region, Scotland and Yorkshire quarries! Must have run into several hundred and almost all Fodens, I think that only Ballidon and Kevin ran a few Sed Aks?. Central area trucks from Ballidon and Kevin quarries did the most mileage as the limestone was wanted country wide from Scotland to Kent, Cornwall and the Isle of Wight. I think that Tilcon ordered around 100 eight wheel chassis cabs at a time from Fodens plus mixer chassis: a former line manager I know said that he liked Tilcon orders as if a new private buyer wanted an eight legger they would just ‘borrow’ one off of the Tilcon line and the buyer would be impressed at the rapid delivery! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
“DEANB” “windrush”^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pete.

I haven’t a clue Dean! Our Central area alone had around seventy which we at Ballidon were responsible for maintaining included Ballidon, Kevin and Mancetter quarries and Meriden sand pit. We had one for annual test every thursday, and sometimes two a week. Then there were the Welsh, Forest of Dean, Cheshire/Potteries area, Kent, London region, Scotland and Yorkshire quarries! Must have run into several hundred and almost all Fodens, I think that only Ballidon and Kevin ran a few Sed Aks?. Central area trucks from Ballidon and Kevin quarries did the most mileage as the limestone was wanted country wide from Scotland to Kent, Cornwall and the Isle of Wight. I think that Tilcon ordered around 100 eight wheel chassis cabs at a time from Fodens plus mixer chassis: a former line manager I know said that he liked Tilcon orders as if a new private buyer wanted an eight legger they would just ‘borrow’ one off of the Tilcon line and the buyer would be impressed at the rapid delivery! :laughing:

Pete.

Thanks for the info Pete,thats why i find it odd that there is not much about them in articles etc as they obviously had a large fleet. :wink:

100 at a time is some order.

Cant make the name out on the DAF door,anyone recognise the colour scheme ■■

P8050592p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo FL10 ■■

P8070012p.JPG

Anyone know where the D.Farmer Volvo is from ■■

P8070050p.JPG

Edge Transport MAN.

P8080078p.JPG

Exel Volvo.

P8070149p.JPG

Anyone know where the Benders DAF is from ■■

P8080095p.JPG

K & W Haulage DAF.

P9190093p.JPG

Looks like a Tankfreight Scania.

P9190095p.JPG

Dont remember having a Dandy Mercedes from Chester on before.

P8070135p.JPG

Marley Scania.

P8070153.JPG

Some odds and sods.

Sankey Sugar.

BF0025.JPG

Hemelite Foden.

A02474.JPG

hemelite foden 1966 ppg.PNG

foden hemelite press1 ppg.PNG.jpg

Bulk freight 1979.

bulk 792.jpg

Some odds and sods.

Operation Hippo, 1962.

Its always nice when you still find a company using some real old forklift or tug trucks.

Brush Electric Industrial Trucks.

tug brush electric truck ppg.PNG

Palmers Volvo F88. Looks like Newbury on the door ■■

Not had a Bulwark motor on for a while.

J.R.Harding ERF. Looks like there is no windscreen. Posted an article about Hardings on page 322.

John Wyatt F86 tanker. Anyone know where they were based ■■

Cant make out where the J.W.H.Spicer & Sons Scania is from ■■

Anyone know where E.J.Coombe were from ■■

Anyone recognise the Meeks Bedford TM ■■ We have had a fair few of Meeks of Kirkby on before,but a different colour scheme.

Shirleys ERF from Stoke on Trent.Posted an article about them on page 487.

English China Clay Leyland Octopus. I dont recall seeing one of there’s before with single tyres on the rear axles,so assume this was a trial ?

Heres a cracker Daz, Andrews Plant from Wareham.

Bit of history here, Buzzer

Hi Dean,
The Daf is one of McCarthy’s from Wrexham, still operating.
The Benders Daf may also be from Wrexham, I think benders made drinking cups for vending machines etc but not 100% sure, Cheer’s Pete

P8050592p.JPG

DEANB:

windrush:
“DEANB” “windrush”^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pete.

Pete.

Thanks for the info Pete,thats why i find it odd that there is not much about them in articles etc as they obviously had a large fleet. :wink:

100 at a time is some order.

There were also over 100 cars, vans and minibuses at Ballidon quarry with two fitters servicing them full time! With it’s remote location the quarry provided transport for 90% of the workforce (not me though!) and some were supplied with a car to get them to the quarry and then a van or Land Rover to use when they were there. They could also use the cars for holidays etc, one chap was employed full time to wash and fuel them weekly, we had a long weekend away camping one Easter using one of the Transit minibuses that father in law drove! :wink:

Pete.

Could it Meeks of Luton with an unpainted motor? It’s carrying stillages and being a Bedford? Meeks did a lot of work for Vauxhall.

307BFB28-6D73-4212-9D6A-F10B6D78B526.jpeg

91899FC0-20C4-4AC5-AA71-C1087F60A27E.jpeg

Buzzer:
Bit of history here, Buzzer

How an image can make you realise how many years have passed! We used to have those on the forecourt when I was a youngster!