Turners MAN.

Interoute DAF.

KSD Aggregrates DAF.

McBurney Volvo.

Morrisons DAF

Anyone recognise the MAN bulker ■■

Anyone know where Corbetts are from ■■

Pryce from your way Trevor.

Aspray DAF. Think that may be a Wolverhampton number ?

Ferguson Scania i think.

Hi Dean.
It’s a ABN wagon - Associated British Nutrients I think it means,making pig and poultry food.They are a big company and have a mill in Northallerton. I see them nearly every day going through Thirsk.

ABN animal feeds Dean.
Michael Trolove photo at Gt Gidding.
Oily

Edit… Chris has beat me to it :smiley:

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■

A.S.Taylor Magnum.

Anyone recognise the MAN,has a private number plate ■■

Think its an Italaian Magnum. Anyone know why the Italians have such small number plates ■■

Dont remember having a Walsh Road Cargo motor on before.

Daz, Any idea where Harry A Coff was from ?

Possibly a Cardiff Transport MAN looking at that white strip ■■

Yeoman Foden. Used to go to a Yeoman quarry in the Mendips somewhere when i was a kid and load stone for roads etc.

JWQ Mercedes.

Lyons Maid Big J4.

DEANB:
Turners MAN.

Interoute DAF.

KSD Aggregrates DAF.

McBurney Volvo.

Morrisons DAF

Aspray DAF. Think that may be a Wolverhampton number ?

Ferguson Scania i think.

Hello DEAN ,Corbetts are from Telford ,an old established firm first set up in Oakengates ,Harry Pryce now finished from Wellington next door to Bill Cappers thank you Trevor

The man with private plate is hodnet transport from Market Drayton or ex them.

Steve

Harry Coff was a very large concern with tippers and mixers and Ascot based with several pits in the Reading/Bracknell area. They also had some tippers in Buxton. They ran Scammell’s, Leylands and Bedfords. I believe that the M4 later went through some of their land and Coffs did very well financially out of it! :wink:

Pete.

Harry H Coff head office was Windsor .

rigsby:

Their yard was at Ascot though Dave. For such a large company they seemed to vanish quickly.

Pete.

DEANB:

A.S.Taylor Magnum.

Think its an Italaian Magnum. Anyone know why the Italians have such small number plates ■■

Dean you are a star mate what cracker love it what a fantastic picture of this Harry A Coff Routeman tipper they had sand and gravel pit in reading and there yard was based in ascot my dads old company Deards of finchley purchased a batch of these motors as i went out with a driver to pick some up to bring back finchley depot.PJ from Rutland haulage all so purchas on of these Scammell on a p reg too i hope this information helps chaps From Daz :smiley: :wink:

Yeoman Foden. Used to go to a Yeoman quarry in the Mendips somewhere when i was a kid and load stone for roads etc.

JWQ Mercedes.

Lyons Maid Big J4.

ArcDaz:

DEANB:

A.S.Taylor Magnum.

Dean you are a star mate what cracker love it what a fantastic picture of this Harry A Coff Routeman tipper they had sand and gravel pit in reading and there yard was based in ascot my dads old company Deards of finchley purchased a batch of these motors as i went out with a driver to pick some up to bring back finchley depot.PJ from Rutland haulage all so purchas on of these Scammell on a p reg too i hope this information helps chaps From Daz :smiley: :wink:

Dean yeoman were mainly in to there Volvo trucks and also had afew nice Foden truck s in there fleet too :smiley:

JWQ Mercedes.

Lyons Maid Big J4.

Chris Webb:
kingswinford kit wrote:
“rigsby”

Hay on Wye was legendary , all came to an end when big george Kelly (6’5 semi pro wrestler) chucked a local troublemaker through the pub window without opening it first . Longson got banned after that , also the transport manager was fed up with the aggro . I always stayed at Griffs at Winforton , pack into his car at night , down to the Boat Inn . One of Longson drivers wed a local girl and ran the Sun Inn across the road from the cafe . Happy days , nearly 50years ago now .
Hi rigsby ,Griffs at Winforton could not remember that name ,as well as Sam ,Kendricks of Walsall were always their along with the likes Cartwright from Stourbridge hauling foundry sand for Margham
i think Griffs also acted as a change over with BRS Dudley and Swansea ,Briton Ferry Steel used the old railway yard at Eardisley just down the road .
Hay on Wye was indeed legendary Dean ,with again the likes of Kendricks Fodens ,i can remember one tipping over near Brecon a 6x2 artic , the Sun Inn at Whitney on Wye still functions .
Did any of you drivers use the toll bridge at Whitney for a short cut to Hay ? yes Happy day regards Keith

Thanks for the comments Keith. :smiley:

A03430p.JPG

There’s a feller on FB whose dad drove for BRS Swansea who contracted for Briton Ferry Steels,this photo shows Eardisley station in steam days with Briton Ferry Steels AEC MK5s on the right,awaiting changeover.They were double shifted on that job IIRC.Not my photo.

Morning All,
Eardisley station is now a private house and the yard is a small ind est, I think the Winforton Cafe is a fishing shop now. Cartwrights from Stourbridge is a name from the past, I have a pic somewhere of one of their Guy Invincibles will post it if I can find it! Cheer’s Pete

Morning Dean,
The Magnum is one of Alan Taylors whose yard in alongside the A38 at Barton under Needwood,

Aspray’s head office was in Noose Lane Willenhall hence the Wolverhampton phone number but they had depots nationwide, chucked the towel in a couple of years ago now,

L8360p.JPG

Probably not much help on where this Atki was from Dean, but the AH prefix is Norfolk/Norwich.

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
It’s a ABN wagon - Associated British Nutrients I think it means,making pig and poultry food.They are a big company and have a mill in Northallerton. I see them nearly every day going through Thirsk.

Thanks for the name Chris. :wink:

oiltreader:
ABN animal feeds Dean.
Michael Trolove photo at Gt Gidding.
Oily

Edit… Chris has beat me to it :smiley:

Thanks for confirming the name and the pic Oily. :wink: Must cost a few quid to spray the trailers as well, but i like seeing companies that still have colour schemes.

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Hello DEAN ,Corbetts are from Telford ,an old established firm first set up in Oakengates ,Harry Pryce now finished from Wellington next door to Bill Cappers thank you Trevor

Thanks for the details Trevor. :wink: Knowing Paul i am sure he will be back up your way later this year unless we have more lock downs.

vwvanman0:
The man with private plate is hodnet transport from Market Drayton or ex them.

Steve

Cheers Steve. :smiley:

windrush:
Harry Coff was a very large concern with tippers and mixers and Ascot based with several pits in the Reading/Bracknell area. They also had some tippers in Buxton. They ran Scammell’s, Leylands and Bedfords. I believe that the M4 later went through some of their land and Coffs did very well financially out of it! :wink:

Pete.

Sounds like they were a big concern like you say Pete. :wink:

rigsby:

Cheers Dave. :wink:

windrush:
“rigsby” Harry H Coff head office was Windsor .

Their yard was at Ascot though Dave. For such a large company they seemed to vanish quickly.

Pete.

Probably sold up after getting the big wedge you mentioned for building the M4 through there land ! :laughing:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

[/quote]
Thanks for the info Daz,and for the comments on Yeoman,good stuff chap. :wink:

Heres one of Deards.

deards ley ppg.PNG

Just checked the archives and realised i posted this before about Harry A Coff from 1965.

Click on twice to read.

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The Magnum is one of Alan Taylors whose yard in alongside the A38 at Barton under Needwood,

Did not know they were still going Pete,havent seen one for along time. There was an article about them in one of the truck magazines. :wink:

pete smith:
Aspray’s head office was in Noose Lane Willenhall hence the Wolverhampton phone number but they had depots nationwide, chucked the towel in a couple of years ago now,

Thanks for the info Pete. :smiley:

jshepguis:
Probably not much help on where this Atki was from Dean, but the AH prefix is Norfolk/Norwich.

Reckon we need “240Gardner” to tell us chap. :laughing:

Great photo of Deards Dean :smiley:

Some pics from the steam fair.

The Iron Maiden.

Fun Fair ERF’s

Coles seem to have been around for ever.

Rich man’s hobby.

L.J.Searle Scania from Horsham. Dont think we have had them on before.

ERF’s and Foden’s have always been popular with there plastic cabs and gardner engines.

London Brick AEC.

DAF.

Some odds and sods.

“windrush” I bet you have worked on most of these at some time.

Vans 1979.

Click on pages twice to read.

Harrogate tipper show 1983.

The Atkinson defender looks just right,all in proportion.

Hoveringham Volvo’s 1973.

Glovers Transport 1970.

atkinson glovers 70 ppg.PNG

Heres one for “Ray Smyth”.

Mainland Market Deliveries Atkinson.

“Kempston” London Brick F86.

Not had a E.Stead motor on for a long time.

Its all gone wrong for the Fluens F86 being towed on a bar. Where were they based ■■

Dublin International Bulldog Mack.

Trio Containers Mercedes seen here in Poole.

Chris Webb are Pace still going ■■

Anyone know where Stevens with the Spanish Dodge is based ■■

Stretch Transport Volvo F7.

Any idea Daz ■■ Seen here when they were building the Holes Bay road in Poole.