PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Anyone recognise the Scania fridge ■■

Dont think we have had a T.A.Jervis motor on before,anyone make out where they are from ■■

Trevor,cant remember if we have had a D & G Transport motor on before ■■

Hello DEAN ,what an assortment ,the Scania fridge is Elwyn Morris from Oswestry ,they no longer sign write thier trucks ,and D&G Transport were from Lydbury North ,but i am not sure if they are still around .
T A Jervis were from Doseley that was down towards Ironbridge ,they did very similar work to Lion Transport who we mentioned last week ,coal ,flyash in and out of Buildwas power station …they have all gone sadly ,thank you Trevor

Good stuff Trevor,thanks for the information chap. :smiley: :wink:

DEANB:

finbarot:
Ah ha!
My cunning plan has worked :smiley: :smiley:
Thank you

I spoil you,this is one you will appreciate. :wink:

Dean, I am spoilt and very grateful mate :smiley:
Thanks

DEANB:
Tidy Arclid Volvo.

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■ Possibly an owner driver ■■

Anyone recognise the scrap hauling Scania ■■

“FLOURPOWER” Whitworth Bros Scania.

Anyone know where the All UK Logistics MAN is from ■■

Pete,this will bring back some memories no doubt tipping tarmac.

Greyroads MAN.

Primor Freight is a blast from the past remember there motors coming through Poole alot back in the 80’s. Pic was taken in 2007
are they still going does anyone know ■■

Not had a Pitter motor on for a while.

Anyone recognise the Volvo tanker ■■

Hello again DEAN ,no i have not seen Primor lately ,it was run by Phil Morris , son of Trevor Morris ,he did a lot of work to the continent ,i think he later set up Oswestry Transport services but i may be wrong .
The Volvo tanker looks like Lynch from Northwich ,thank you Trevor

Anyone know anything about the Sherborne Iveco ■■

Hi Dean, here is another photo of it in the yard in Bradford

Part of a fleet of 25 or so lorries delivering new furniture to towns all over the UK.
Here is another one.

Plus one I took in Scotland on one of my my Mon. to Fri. trips about 20 years ago !!

Regards John.

finbarot:
“DEANB” “finbarot”
Ah ha!
Thank you

Dean, I am spoilt and very grateful mate :smiley:
Thanks

No worries Tony :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Primor Freight is a blast from the past remember there motors coming through Poole alot back in the 80’s. Pic was taken in 2007
are they still going does anyone know ■■

Hello again DEAN ,no i have not seen Primor lately ,it was run by Phil Morris , son of Trevor Morris ,he did a lot of work to the continent ,i think he later set up Oswestry Transport services but i may be wrong .
The Volvo tanker looks like Lynch from Northwich ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the details about Primor Trevor. Like you say they used to do alot of European work. :smiley:

old 67:

Part of a fleet of 25 or so lorries delivering new furniture to towns all over the UK.
Here is another one.

Plus one I took in Scotland on one of my my Mon. to Fri. trips about 20 years ago !!

Regards John.

Thanks for the info and pics John,good stuff. Nice to see Loch Ness is still about ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

DEANB:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”
Have a fair bit on Concorde.

Is there anything that you don’t have clippings about?? :laughing: :laughing:

I think i have some more stuff on it somewhere but its not scanned. Was going to pop a brochure on about the 747 but again not scanned
and i put it somewhere safe and cant find it now… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Dont worry Dean, that happens a lot to me.I bought a fantastic camouflage jacket.I can’t find it anywhere…

DEANB:
Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice to read.

Chris Webb you may find his intresting.

Some new Fodens in 1967.

Harry Coff from Ascot 1965.

Daz, This may ring a bell with you ?

Hi Dean some brilliant articles you have posted up on this thread again i know marshalls very well they are from london and there yard and office was based in Willesden i do have a copy of there book with the same pictures which you have put on this group its so great to see all theses old companys are turning up on here Keep up with the good work Many thanks Daz :wink:

old 67:

Here is another one.

Regards John.

There was a bloke who lived at the top of the road from me Brian , i think he was a boss at Sherborne Poufees not sure of the spelling he worked there for years if its the same firm at Clayton Bradford

ramone:

old 67:

Here is another one.

Regards John.

There was a bloke who lived at the top of the road from me Brian , i think he was a boss at Sherborne Poufees not sure of the spelling he worked there for years if its the same firm at Clayton Bradford

Aye Ramone, Sherborne Pouffes have been at Pasture Lane since the 30s. It is still a family business. At one time every house had a poufee :laughing: but when they stopped selling, Sherborne started making top quality chairs and sofas. They now also have a leather manufacturing dept., a distribution warehouse and transport yard in Queensbury.

van-fleet.jpg
picture is from their brochure.

Regards John.

Dean BKP are from bunny Lane Romsey, they do waste in all forms bins tankers been going now 50yrs as they had a Volvo wrapped in gold vinyl
Jeremy

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

MacTaggart Scania livestock trucks. Sounds Scottish ?
Dumfries and Galloway Dean, Kirkcudbright on this pic but main yard at Castle Douglas I think.
Oily

When I worked for Atlas Express we used to load out of Sherbourne a couple of loads a week

finbarot:
“DEANB” “240 Gardner” “DEANB”
Have a fair bit on Concorde.

Is there anything that you don’t have clippings about?? :laughing: :laughing:

I think i have some more stuff on it somewhere but its not scanned. Was going to pop a brochure on about the 747 but again not scanned
and i put it somewhere safe and cant find it now… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Dont worry Dean, that happens a lot to me.I bought a fantastic camouflage jacket.I can’t find it anywhere…

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Some odds and sods.

Hi Dean some brilliant articles you have posted up on this thread again i know marshalls very well they are from london and there yard and office was based in Willesden i do have a copy of there book with the same pictures which you have put on this group its so great to see all theses old companys are turning up on here Keep up with the good work Many thanks Daz :wink:

Glad you liked them Daz. :smiley:

old 67:
“ramone”

Aye Ramone, Sherborne Pouffes have been at Pasture Lane since the 30s. It is still a family business. At one time every house had a poufee :laughing: but when they stopped selling, Sherborne started making top quality chairs and sofas. They now also have a leather manufacturing dept., a distribution warehouse and transport yard in Queensbury.

picture is from their brochure.

Regards John.

Thanks for the comments “ramone” and John. :wink:

Badger:
Dean BKP are from bunny Lane Romsey, they do waste in all forms bins tankers been going now 50yrs as they had a Volvo wrapped in gold vinyl
Jeremy

Thanks for the info Jeremy. :wink:

oiltreader:
MacTaggart Scania livestock trucks. Sounds Scottish ?
Dumfries and Galloway Dean, Kirkcudbright on this pic but main yard at Castle Douglas I think.
Oily

Nice pic Oily,looks like they run some tidy tackle. :wink:

atlas man:
When I worked for Atlas Express we used to load out of Sherbourne a couple of loads a week

:wink:

Rocma Volvo.

Owens Volvo.

Ken Jones Scania from South Wales.

R.W.Powell Volvo timber truck. Anyone know where they are based ■■

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■

Canute Scania.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson ■■

Firow DAF roll on roll off motor.

Great Bear Distribution Scania from ■■

Britaniacrest Recycling.

Think they’re from all over the place tbh Dean

DEANB:
Rocma Volvo.

Owens Volvo.

Ken Jones Scania from South Wales.

R.W.Powell Volvo timber truck. Anyone know where they are based ■■

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■

Canute Scania.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson ■■

Firow DAF roll on roll off motor.

Hello DEAN ,some lovely pictures on the A49 between Craven Arms and the Strettons ,yes R W Powell, (Ron ) from nearby Lydbury North .
Great Bear distribution have a depot on the Deeside Industrial Park ,thank you Trevor

DEANB:

finbarot:
Ah ha!
Thank you

Hi Dean have you got any more of St marys demolition great to see this pic they were based in london and i saw quite a few big demo jobs they did with ball and chain :wink:

DEANB:
Some odds and sods.

Chris Webb you may find his intresting.

Some new Fodens in 1967.

Harry Coff from Ascot 1965.
Harry Coff pics from Ascot always welcome :smiley:

Dean they ring plenty of of bells for me lol

Den hartogh keep few lorries at immingham fm Volvo s man s and the volvos always look nice an never in a rush maybe have a depot in the midlands you see them at Cadbury s in Birmingham & Leominster Gret story about marshalls keep up the good work