DEANB:
PJS Transport Mercedes.Anyone know where they are from ■■

Look’s like the colours of Eatons.

Anyone know where the Weaver Pallet Express Renault is from ■■

Possibly an ex Fagan & Whalley motor ■■

Anyone recognise the Volvo bulker ■■ Look like the initials are PFS ■■

Anyone know where the G.D.Golding Foden is from ■■

United Biscuits DAF.

Dont remember having a Fry Transport motor on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■

Think it says E.T.Rowlands on the door,anyone know where they are from ■■

Hello DEAN ,yes E T Rowlands are from Telford ,but they first set up at Ditton Priors near Bridgnorth ,before moving
On the last page it is James Rollason from Wellington ,parked up on the A49 ,thank you Trevor

As Coomsey said Central are at Coalville but also have some trucks based locally as one of our former drivers drove for them at Cromford. Nice to see one of Deans Haulage from Ambergate on here, you don’t see too many pics of their fleet. My friend who drove for Waters had a bonneted Commer Superpoise tipper that Waters ran, it had a worn out petrol engine and Waters decided to put a Perkins P or R six into it. Dean’s had an engine for sale and my friend went to collect it: “It’s knackered, only fit for scrap really which is why we removed it” Deans told him! Anyway they bought it and fitted it, the thing had no compression so was hard to start and used more oil than diesel, luckily my friend wrote it off when he hit a railway bridge to avoid another vehicle! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
As Coomsey said Central are at Coalville but also have some trucks based locally as one of our former drivers drove for them at Cromford. Nice to see one of Deans Haulage from Ambergate on here, you don’t see too many pics of their fleet. My friend who drove for Waters had a bonneted Commer Superpoise tipper that Waters ran, it had a worn out petrol engine and Waters decided to put a Perkins P or R six into it. Dean’s had an engine for sale and my friend went to collect it: “It’s knackered, only fit for scrap really which is why we removed it” Deans told him! Anyway they bought it and fitted it, the thing had no compression so was hard to start and used more oil than diesel, luckily my friend wrote it off when he hit a railway bridge to avoid another vehicle! :laughing:

Pete.

Were they Witherley plant before that Pete ? Seem to recall they had a good few ERFs

coomsey:

windrush:

Pete.

Were they Witherley plant before that Pete ? Seem to recall they had a good few ERFs

Witherley are still operating Paul, I think that besides their own fleet they also used a lot of ‘subbies’ when I did work from that area back in the nineties. KSD (Mr Dosanjh) were another company who started small in the late seventies at Nuneaton but soon became a large concern.

Pete.

DEANB:
Some more cracking tippers / bulkers we have had on here.

Class Stuff on here again Dean Many thanks to you Paul Mark for all your effects which you guys have put in to this thread with all the great articles and pictrues which you have posted on here today Daz :smiley:

DEANB:
Tip in 1976.

Click on pages twice to read.

Dean by any chance would you have in your Archive Truck Magazine April 1980 which has a tip in Section just like the one above :slight_smile:

DEANB:
PJS Transport Mercedes.Anyone know where they are from ■■

Look’s like the colours of Eatons.

Anyone know where the Weaver Pallet Express Renault is from ■■

Possibly an ex Fagan & Whalley motor ■■

Anyone recognise the Volvo bulker ■■ Look like the initials are PFS ■■

Anyone know where the G.D.Golding Foden is from ■■

United Biscuits DAF.

Dont remember having a Fry Transport motor on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

Me here again.Dean i think you will find the Scania is from Burdens building materials surpplier as my farther in law worked at enfield branch as a driver his truck was a Volvo FL7 on P plate

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Tip in 1976.

Dean by any chance would you have in your Archive Truck Magazine April 1980 which has a tip in Section just like the one above :slight_smile:

What are you after then Daz ■■ :unamused:

Froggy55:
“DEANB” Euro tip in 1976.

Must have been a few red faces with regard to the Mercedes.

Most interesting, despite the fact they totally forgot that we French also produced tippers! Mainly bonneted Berliets.

You can translate this if you like “Froggy55” :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

berliet gbh6.jpg

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.
I believe Murrays were from Carlisle area and the Fry Transport Volvo has Northern Irish plates.

Thanks for the info on Murray’s,never noticed the number plate on the Fry Volvo. :laughing: :wink:

coomsey:
Up the road from me Dean, Coalvile. They run around 30 motors mostly 8whl tippers n a few crane off,all Scania. Heard that they’re not a bad crowd to work for, I’m retired so don’t give a monkey’s Doo Dahs :smiley: cheers Coomsey
Forgot :unamused: cracking pics of those tippers

Thanks for the info “coomsey” :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Hello DEAN ,yes E T Rowlands are from Telford ,but they first set up at Ditton Priors near Bridgnorth ,before moving
On the last page it is James Rollason from Wellington ,parked up on the A49 ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the comments Trevor. :smiley:

windrush:

Pete.

Thanks for the comments Pete ! :smiley:

Your friend still bought the engine even though he was told it was knackered ■■ :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB” Some more cracking tippers / bulkers we have had on here.

Class Stuff on here again Dean Many thanks to you Paul Mark for all your effects which you guys have put in to this thread with all the great articles and pictrues which you have posted on here today Daz :smiley:

Cheers Daz. :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Me here again.Dean i think you will find the Scania is from Burdens building materials surpplier as my farther in law worked at enfield branch as a driver his truck was a Volvo FL7 on P plate

Thanks for the name Daz. :smiley:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB” Tip in 1976.

Here you go Daz. :wink:

tip in 804.jpg

tip in 806.jpg

tip in 808.jpg

(DeanB) windrush wrote:
Pete.

Your friend still bought the engine even though he was told it was knackered ■■ :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Waters bought it Dean, he only collected it. The gaffer is always right thee knows. :laughing: You wouldn’t believe some of the stuff that managed to run back in the sixties, one of our OD’s ran a D Series Ford that siezed a couple of pistons but he rebuilt it minus the top two rings on the pistons as the bore was only bad at the top and it lasted him a few years, it was just a bad starter. Another, long before my time in the area, had a Bedford and stripped the rear brakes to reline them, he knocked the old linings off and went to the Bedford agent to get some more. Alas his account was in the red so he put the shoes back on (minus linings) and loaded it. :open_mouth: It ran away and piled up, and the garage was reprimanded by the law for not letting him have the linings even though he couldn’t pay for them! :unamused:

Being ‘in the red’ was prevalent even in the eighties: when I used to go to Reg Knowles at Alfreton for Foden parts he had a board over the counter with the names of companies who’s accounts had been frozen because of non payment. Tarmac always topped the list, ARC were usually next and Tilcon and NCB occasionally appeared on it! I went for a wiring loom one day: “no chance unless you have cash lad” Reg said. So I phoned the quarry, they asked me to go home as my house was only a few miles away and get some cash and they would reimburse me and that’s what I did!

Pete.

Berliet GBH in Argentina.

Dean B
The Big J loaded with scrap was operated by R.H. ( Dickie ) Moore a scrap merchant based in Bridgend.
He was a bit of a character and he built a large house on the outskirts of town which was known by some as Southfork. More memories of days gone by.
Regards Allan

DEANB:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.
I believe Murrays were from Carlisle area and the Fry Transport Volvo has Northern Irish plates.

Thanks for the info on Murray’s,never noticed the number plate on the Fry Volvo. :laughing: :wink:

coomsey:
Up the road from me Dean, Coalvile. They run around 30 motors mostly 8whl tippers n a few crane off,all Scania. Heard that they’re not a bad crowd to work for, I’m retired so don’t give a monkey’s Doo Dahs :smiley: cheers Coomsey
Forgot :unamused: cracking pics of those tippers

Thanks for the info “coomsey” :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Thanks for the comments Trevor. :smiley:

windrush:

Pete.

ArcDaz:
“DEANB” Some more cracking tippers / bulkers we have had on here.

Cheers Daz. :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”
Hi Dean you are a star fantastic stuff in this magazine i throught you would have this one this same magazine was on ebay about three weeks ago i placed a bid on it but sadley missed out as i got outbidded by some one else and sold for£7.50 plus postage on top Many Thanks mate sharing and posting these articles on this theard for me Regards Daz :wink:

Thanks for the name Daz. :smiley:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB” Tip in 1976.

Hi Dean
re the 1976 Tip-In, I was surprised that the Foden six wheeler had a Gardner 150 fitted?
I thought they had finished way earlier and it was all 180s by then, but obviously not.

DEANB:

Thanks for this very interesting article I read from the first to the last page, and also for the full report on the Berliet GBH (I do of course have it at home). I didn’t know Berliet tippers had been exported, or at least offered for sale on the British market.

I drove several of them, ranging from the 1964 GLM 10 6x4 (a terrible crawler with 180 Bhp SAE) to the GBH 260 (see picture). The cab was pleasant and roomy, with good access and visibility.

A really pleasant to drive bonneted truck, though more recent, was the Iveco 330-30 with a Magirus chassis and cab, the big 13.7 litre Fiat engine, and Fuller gearbox.
Comfortable and brilliant. A little technical data below

And, once more, I’m surprised to notice that, in 1980, a 24-ton tipper was offered on the British market with only 140 bhp (Ford); in France, that would have broughth us back to the early 1950s! England (I lived in London for 8 years) is at least as hilly as France!

DEANB:
More tipper / bulkers.

Hello Dean …those Sharples Fodens were in and out of Margham for years …hauling in foundry sand and steel out for the Midland car industry …
their drivers were known to bribe the loaders with sacks of potatoes to speed up loading , …lol …Geraint

finbarot:
Hi Dean
re the 1976 Tip-In, I was surprised that the Foden six wheeler had a Gardner 150 fitted?
I thought they had finished way earlier and it was all 180s by then, but obviously not.

They’d have more oomph than a 8whlr with the 180 finbarot. I once followed one of our S21 8whlrs with the 150 to a job n he left me for dead,(why is it when someones leading the way to a place they try their hardest to lose you?) me n the S80 were feeling a little deflated at the end. Cheers Coomsey

finbarot:
Hi Dean

SoM had 2 or 3 Big J’s on contract to OCL,they had 150 Percy’s,early 80’s that would be.

David