PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Mark R:
Although I’ve never heard of PR Jones, or even know where they come from, i did find this photo interesting as it’s only one digit out from the Iveco tipper that i used to drive.
Mine was plain white and registered E440 WKN…great for muckaway but a tad heavy for the aggregate work we were doing from UMA at Ridham Dock near Sittingbourne. Apparently it was an HP snachback and offered for a price we couldn’t refuse, hence not quite the spec we would have usually gone for…

I remember this chap P R Jones he used to run an ex. ARC Scammell routeman 8 legger tipper before he had the Iveco, I used to meet up with him at various quarries when I worked for FW Eaton.

DEANB:
BRS Volvo F6 that looks a bit rough with a Bedford TL of Central Glass from Poole behind.

Routeman Daz. :wink: Anyone know the car,not the mini. ■■

Dont recognise the colour scheme on the MAN with gas canisters ■■

Fleur-De-Lys Seddon Atkinson 401 seen here on the Wimborne bypass.
I wonder what happened to this company,taken over, packed up ■■

Anyone recognise the Marathon ■■ Says CT on the door ?
I seem to recall a form from around Leicester way called Clark’s Translift who did traction work.

RDB Freight Lines Leyland Freighter. Anyone know where they are from ■■

Dont remember having a M.Orpwood motor on here. Anyone know where they were from ■■
Seen here heading towards Parkstone,Poole.

“windrush” Matlock Seddon Atkinson 400 from your way Pete.

EC Transport Volvo F12 from Poole.

Freightline Scania 112 heading towards Poole.

Hi Dean.
HMT are a big company,they have a depot at Morecambe.I used to see their trailers a lot in the Isle of Man when I lived there.

Photo taken at Ramsey a few years ago.

iom115.jpg

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

M.O.Lloyd Foden from your way Trevor.

Hello DEAN ,yes i think it is Mervyn Lloyd from Llanrhaeadr YM ,thats about 10 miles from Oswestry ,he does animal feeds from Lloyds mill at Llanclys ,but im sure that Foden has gone and he has replaced it with a Scania ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. :wink:

coomsey:
A dangerous job as well “coomsey” ,look how many have been killed by the side of the road when another vehicle has hit
Cuz of mine left Tarmac Scammel on the hard shoulder at the Luton slip road,broke down. They lit it up n coned it,a chap run up it’s back end over night, all 4 axles were under the cab when he’d finished,it was loaded to boot. Very dangerous place to be.

Thats nasty “coomsey” he must have hit your motor at full speed surley to have done that. Iassume the driver was killed ? :open_mouth:

Kempston:
Great photos of Dawson’s Dean :slight_smile:

Indeed ! :smiley:

Buzzer:
Deano think the Foden maybe something to do with Conway Baily from Cornwall as the trailer looks like one of there’s, chairs Buzzer.

Definately there trailer,cant remember what colour there units are ? :wink:

Mark R:
Although I’ve never heard of PR Jones, or even know where they come from, i did find this photo interesting as it’s only one digit out from the Iveco tipper that i used to drive.
Mine was plain white and registered E440 WKN…great for muckaway but a tad heavy for the aggregate work we were doing from UMA at Ridham Dock near Sittingbourne. Apparently it was an HP snachback and offered for a price we couldn’t refuse, hence not quite the spec we would have usually gone for…

Thanks for the comments Mark,any pics ? :unamused: :laughing:

windrush:
A google search shows a P.R Jones Haulage at the Wimborne/Poole area, no longer trading.

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dont remember them Pete,had a look and says there address was in Ashley Rd which is a main road
with shops and houses,so that must have been the home address. :wink:

steam:
“DEANB” Anyone know where the Revvo DAF is from ■■

Im pretty sure that Revvo Castors had a factory on Somerford rd, Christchurh. cheers

Thanks for the comment “steam” someone else mentioned they were from Christchurch. :wink:

steam:
“DEANB”

“Steam” Do you remember this company,think its Stokes Transport but not sure where they were based locally.

I do remember Stokes Transport but for the life of me cant remember where their yard was.

I will have a word with Paul and see if he can remember where there yard was. :wink:

steam:
“Mark R” Although I’ve never heard of PR Jones, or even know where they come from, i did find this photo interesting as it’s only one digit out from the Iveco tipper that i used to drive.

I remember this chap P R Jones he used to run an ex. ARC Scammell routeman 8 legger tipper before he had the Iveco, I used to meet up with him at various quarries when I worked for FW Eaton.

Thanks for the info on Jones. :wink:

hayday:
“DEANB”

Anyone recognise the Marathon ■■ Says CT on the door ?
I seem to recall a form from around Leicester way called Clark’s Translift who did traction work.

Thanks for the comment “hayday” :wink:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
HMT are a big company,they have a depot at Morecambe.I used to see their trailers a lot in the Isle of Man when I lived there.

Photo taken at Ramsey a few years ago.

Thanks for the info and pic Chris. :smiley:

Anyone know where the C.T.Express Scania is from ■■

Bardon Foden.

Mel Jones DAF from Wales.

Think it says Grange on the Scania ■■

Morrisons MAN tanker.

Anyone recognise the roll on roll off Volvo. Says James ■■? on the side.

Not sure if we have had a Nynas motor on before ?

Nice colour scheme on the Roland Young Scania. Not cheap spraying the whole outfit.

R.J.Mason DAF.

Dont think we have had a Pete Lewis Transport motor on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

Roland Young employed some cracking lads, they worked from our quarry (Ballidon) reguarly running stone to the Tilcon Trumix plant at Crewe. They brought walling stone etc from North Wales across to Langley Mill and other places then worked locally. A lot of their drivers had many years service, as did our drivers in Tilcon days, so were obviously a decent company to work for. Tilcon at Ballidon was ‘dead mens shoes’ with a long waiting list for a driving job, and it took me several years to get behind the wheel full time even though I was already working in the garage and had given up any hope of ever going driving. And then it suddenly happened ‘out of the blue’ overnight, but that’s another story! :wink:

Pete.

Iassume the driver was killed ? :open_mouth:
Yes a bad do Dean, they calculated he’d have been traveling around 90mph, he didn’t do it again. The Scammel was broken up for spares

windrush:
Roland Young employed some cracking lads, they worked from our quarry (Ballidon) reguarly running stone to the Tilcon Trumix plant at Crewe. They brought walling stone etc from North Wales across to Langley Mill and other places then worked locally. A lot of their drivers had many years service, as did our drivers in Tilcon days, so were obviously a decent company to work for. Tilcon at Ballidon was ‘dead mens shoes’ with a long waiting list for a driving job, and it took me several years to get behind the wheel full time even though I was already working in the garage and had given up any hope of ever going driving. And then it suddenly happened ‘out of the blue’ overnight, but that’s another story! :wink:

Pete.

Thanks for the comments Pete. :wink:

coomsey:
Iassume the driver was killed ? :open_mouth:
Yes a bad do Dean, they calculated he’d have been traveling around 90mph, he didn’t do it again. The Scammel was broken up for spares

Like you say “coomsey” he wont be doing that again. :open_mouth:

That’s Watsons from Stone or the other relatives,the location looks like it’s bottomhouse on the leek road :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
That’s Watsons from Stone or the other relatives,the location looks like it’s bottomhouse on the leek road :laughing:

Is that the Volvo roll on roll off truck you are talking about Dan ■■ :unamused: :laughing:

Buzzer:
Deano think the Foden maybe something to do with Conway Baily from Cornwall as the trailer looks like one of there’s, chairs Buzzer.

Looks like you were bang on with it being one of Conway’s “orange” Fodens Buzzer.

Paul confirmed they painted there units orange with this message. :laughing: :laughing:

Some more cracking tippers / bulkers we have had on here.

A01581.JPG

A01590.JPG

A01623.JPG

A01702.JPG

A01827.JPG

A01832.JPG

A01866.JPG

A01884.JPG

A01886.JPG

A01766.JPG

Tip in 1976.

Click on pages twice to read.

More tipper / bulkers.

A02268.JPG

A00177.JPG

A00399.JPG

A00447.JPG

A01909.JPG

A01915.JPG

A01998.JPG

A02044.JPG

A02048.JPG

A02201p.JPG

Euro tip in 1976.

Must have been a few red faces with regard to the Mercedes.

Irlam Renault.

P8080001p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■

P8070146p.JPG

Turriff Transport Scania.

P8070130p.JPG

P8070180p.JPG

Dave Parry & Son Volvo.

P8080104p.JPG

Anyone know where the Davis Iveco is from ■■

P8080100p.JPG

Anyone know where the Murray’s Iveco is from ■■

P8090016p.JPG

Not sure if we have had a Harding motor on before ? Anyone make out the Foden ■■

P8090054p.JPG

Anyone know where the Central Scania is from ■■

P8070136p.JPG

Heaver Bros Mercedes.

P9190076p.JPG

PJS Transport Mercedes.Anyone know where they are from ■■

P8070040p.JPG

Look’s like the colours of Eatons.

P8070016p.JPG

Anyone know where the Weaver Pallet Express Renault is from ■■

P8070035p.JPG

Possibly an ex Fagan & Whalley motor ■■

P8070188p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo bulker ■■ Look like the initials are PFS ■■

P8070044p.JPG

Anyone know where the G.D.Golding Foden is from ■■

P8070074p.JPG

United Biscuits DAF.

P8070118p.JPG

Dont remember having a Fry Transport motor on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

P8080006p.JPG

P8080014p.JPG

Think it says E.T.Rowlands on the door,anyone know where they are from ■■

P8080105p.JPG

DEANB:
Euro tip in 1976.

Must have been a few red faces with regard to the Mercedes.

Most interesting, despite the fact they totally forgot that we French also produced tippers! Mainly bonneted Berliets.

Morning Dean.
I believe Murrays were from Carlisle area and the Fry Transport Volvo has Northern Irish plates.

P8070136p.JPG
Up the road from me Dean, Coalvile. They run around 30 motors mostly 8whl tippers n a few crane off,all Scania. Heard that they’re not a bad crowd to work for, I’m retired so don’t give a monkey’s Doo Dahs :smiley: cheers Coomsey
Forgot :unamused: cracking pics of those tippers