PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

New Foden.

Elliotts MAN at Poole docks. Probably loading steel coils from a boat.

I remember this Volvo,but no idea who the haulier was. Seen here loaded with a Container Link container off Poole docks.

Western BRS ERF.

Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■

Wessex Water Seddon Atkinson.

Salford Van Hire Volvo F7.

Dairy Crest ERF

Anyone recognise the Transcon ■■

P.A.Meakin Volvo F7 bulker.

I would say the Merc is McGregor Cory

DEANB:

Records I have show the Transcont at one time run by un-speed it looks to be pulling what looks like an Argos store trailer .

Many thanks for the great pictures and fond memories.

Tony.

Dean think the name on the F12 says Rolleson, cheers Buzzer.

L6957p.JPG

old 67:
Cant make the name out on the Foden ■■

Looks like it could be one of William Bros from Wales ■■

Regards John.

Defo a (TDG) Williams Bros Wales motor, probably snapped not a million miles from their Hereford yard methinks.

DEANB:

Carryfast:
Blimey even Stevie Wonder could see that the SA 400 cab at least was an F10/12 contender before Volvo replaced the laughably overrated cramped F88 and same with Bedford TM.
We’ve already discussed the issue of just putting the 350 or 400 ■■■■■■■ in the NGC or SA if anyone wanted a Scania 140 contender.IE where a 335 would fit a 350-400 would too.
The truth is this Brit bashing bs is just that.Groundless baseless bollox when all the ingredients needed to sort out the foreign competition was all there ‘if’ the customers wanted to order it.Instead of which they were still calling on SA to supply them with Gardner powered Borderers after the introduction of the 400 and the Bedford TM at least.

“Carryfast” Never ever come on this thread slagging off the “Mighty F88” :smiling_imp: :imp:

As I said the F88 was anything but ‘mighty’ after the introduction of the SA 400 and Bedford TM.
While even an F89 isn’t going to trump a ■■■■■■■ 335 powered 13 speed Foden while even the cab is a full width even if it wasn’t any longer. :unamused:
So they had to deliberately resort to the obsolete A series and Atki heaps to make it look good for the foreign competition and bad for the Brits.Ironically thereby upsetting Bewick. :laughing:

DEANB:
There was no 400bhp ■■■■■■■ option in any GB-built lorry, until the late 1980s. Behave yourself.

The closest the GB makers got, in the 1970’s, to competing with the Continentals, was the Leyland Marathon, and it took them 5 years of production to make that reliable enough.

Your wasting your time “anorak” its like banging your head against a wall !! :unamused: :wink
[/quote]
They were assemblers not tied to any particular 14 litre ■■■■■■■ spec which at the time went up to 400 just like it did later.Why would they have turned away business IF any customers had asked for it.

How did the Marathon trump the ‘400’ Bedford TM. :unamused:

Been busy with other things for a while and was astounded by some of the comments concerning the F88 on the previous page! From some who ought to know better, as well. Really, chaps, if you had been used to plodding up & down the roads of Great Britain using the likes of a Mk1 Atki, with or without the luxury of a Sandbach nesting box and relaxing up hill and down dale with the mighty power of a 150 Gardner you would have thought all your Christmasses had come at once if you were given a 290 88.
You really didn’t think they were going to get away with that, did you, Dean? Bad memories, some of you chaps!

Hi Dean the Volvo JJT973V belonged to Graham Richardson Upton Poole its good to have you back and have you got any pictures from inside that gate thanks truckworld.

Buzzer:

DEANB:
New Foden.

Elliotts MAN at Poole docks. Probably loading steel coils from a boat.

I remember this Volvo,but no idea who the haulier was. Seen here loaded with a Container Link container off Poole docks.

Western BRS ERF.

Wessex Water Seddon Atkinson.

Salford Van Hire Volvo F7.

Dairy Crest ERF

P.A.Meakin Volvo F7 bulker.

Hi dean and all on here merry Xmas to you all

From a cyber buddy, a load of baler twine.
Oily

Mick baler twine for Bridgewater IMG_0029 (1).jpg

Tyne Tees Road Run.
Oily

robthedog:

I would say the Merc is McGregor Cory

Think your right Rob. :wink:

Tonytranscont:
“DEANB”

Records I have show the Transcont at one time run by un-speed it looks to be pulling what looks like an Argos store trailer .

Many thanks for the great pictures and fond memories.

Tony.

Thanks for the info on the Transcon Tony. :smiley: Have posted a fair bit about the Transcons on pages 222,332 and 356 !

Will pop something on in the week. They were very popular in France. :wink:

Buzzer:

:wink:

hayday:
“old 67” Cant make the name out on the Foden ■■

Looks like it could be one of William Bros from Wales ■■

Regards John.
Defo a (TDG) Williams Bros Wales motor, probably snapped not a million miles from their Hereford yard methinks.

Cheers hayday for the comments. :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Been busy with other things for a while and was astounded by some of the comments concerning the F88 on the previous page! From some who ought to know better, as well. Really, chaps, if you had been used to plodding up & down the roads of Great Britain using the likes of a Mk1 Atki, with or without the luxury of a Sandbach nesting box and relaxing up hill and down dale with the mighty power of a 150 Gardner you would have thought all your Christmasses had come at once if you were given a 290 88.
You really didn’t think they were going to get away with that, did you, Dean? Bad memories, some of you chaps!

“ROF” Its not worth the energy of replying to the troll about the mighty F88. :smiley: :wink: As my mate would say he is “nuisance value” .

I reckon you have summed that up nicely ROF “all your Christmasses had come at once if you were given a 290 88” :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Will do a bit more on them soon !

truckworld:
Hi Dean the Volvo JJT973V belonged to Graham Richardson Upton Poole its good to have you back and have you got any pictures from inside that gate thanks truckworld.

Spot on chap,now you have said the name that definately rings a bell. :smiley: :wink: Was he an owner driver or small company ?
Are you local to Poole ? Who did you drive for ?

When you say pics inside the gate,do you mean on the ferry terminal ?

smallcoal:
Hi dean and all on here merry Xmas to you all

Happy Xmas John,thanks for all your pics and contributions mucker ! :smiley: :wink:

oiltreader:
Tyne Tees Road Run.
Oily

:smiley: Quality pics Eddie ! :wink:

Elliott Blackmore Foden.

A.D.Jackson Volvo,owner driver possibly ■■

A.J.Maiden & Son Scania.

Heres Johnny in his DAF.

William Kirk Renault. Anyone know where they are based ?

M.D.Hutchinson Scania.

Owens ERF

Anyone recognise the timber hauling ERF in the rain ■■?

Arden MAN.

T.A.Jervis & Co DAF. Dont remember having one on before,anyone know where they are based ■■?

DSCF2677p.JPG

Found this on FB , hope you don`t mind me posting it Dean , i wonder if Dennis remembers it from his days at Bradys

Hi Dean William Kirk are based in Macclesfield cheers Ray

ramone:
Found this on FB , hope you don`t mind me posting it Dean , i wonder if Dennis remembers it from his days at Bradys0

Sheeting looks a bit iffy :laughing:

1965 M4 motorway.

Click on pages twice to read.

Earth moving equipment.You need some diggers when building new roads.

Some muck away tippers.

Pioneer DAF.

E.F.Phillips Guy Big J8 from Parkstone,Poole.

Selby DAF from Poole.

Stretch Transport Volvo F7 from Poole.

Cant make the name out on the Volvo F6 ■■

Gary Parsons Constructor from New Milton.

Daz, Routeman probably an owner driver ?

Click on pages twice to read.

I think that William Kirk’s from Bollington sold out a while ago now? I was at Rolls Royce Shrewsbury with one of the sons back in 1981.

Pete.