PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

smallcoal:
Hi dean,Paul and mark ,taken at Bridgwater today

Very nice photos young Mr Coal - I am afraid I can only find a photo of the Robert Burns Fleet - have yet to get an AJ Anderson!!! Suffering from cabin fever and withdrawal symptoms not being able to take photos at the moment - very jealous of your pictures today!!! maybe I will be allowed out again soon!!! Take care and keep safe

DEANB:
Hoyer Scania tanker.

McCarthy DAF.

Gro Continental MAN.

Dont think we had a F.Levick motor on before,anyone know anything about them ?

Ed Weetman Merc bulker.

Langdon Volvo fridge.

Think it says RHP Transport on the ERF ■■

KTH Group Volvo tipper.

Westfield Scania from Cornwall.

Guardian Removals DAF pantecnicon.

Hello DEAN ,you have not featured Grocontinental very often ,i think they have been bought out by Agri group ,thank you Trevor

One for you Trevor(tastrucker), all credit to bilbobagweed for the photo.
Oily

We are spoiling you now Trevor :laughing: , this one at Broughall thanks to Bob Harvey.
Oily

tastrucker:
Hello DEAN ,you have not featured Grocontinental very often ,i think they have been bought out by Agri group ,thank you Trevor

A couple of pictures in transition from Gro Continental to Agro!!!

oiltreader:
We are spoiling you now Trevor :laughing: , this one at Broughall thanks to Bob Harvey.
Oily

Hello Oily and thank you very much ,for these Grocott pictures ,at one time i know they were hauling fresh raspberries from Scotland ,and thank you also Paul for the Scania now with Agro ! ,Nigel Grocotts first Scania was way back in 1968 a LB76 ,the first in Shropshire .thank you both Trevor

tastrucker:
Hello Oily and thank you very much ,for these Grocott pictures ,at one time i know they were hauling fresh raspberries from Scotland ,and thank you also Paul for the Scania now with Agro ! ,Nigel Grocotts first Scania was way back in 1968 a LB76 ,the first in Shropshire .thank you both Trevor

The earliest I can do was probably taken mid 1977 at Ross on Wye

and the last one I have fully in their livery is March 2020 - taken on the A303

One for the Welsh followers to get the thread back in focus. All credit to Mark Hobbs for the photo.
Oily

oiltreader:
One for the Welsh followers to get the thread back in focus. All credit to Mark Hobbs for the photo.
Oily

Thanks for the photo!!! - Those pipes look like they could have been made in Newport - not a million miles from the Transporter Bridge!!

Thought I might post a few that have been on before but I have learned a bit more about scanning and processing since they first went on so I thought you might enjoy an improved version!!! although I have to say sometimes I mess with them on the computer for ages and realise the original one was better!!!

Now this is one of my favourite of all times - had not been long at Ross on Wye - was the first time I had taken pictures there and this came along!!!

As you can imagine I was well pleased and that spot in the grass by the turning for Ross became one of my favourite spots to take photos!!! The fact that there was a rather nice bakery in Ross had very little to do with it!!! The Foden is still “alive” in preservation - but have to say I prefer a shot of them on the move and working!!!

Another one of my favourites - this is a scrap yard just down from where EF Phillipps used to be in Mannings Heath Road - Parkstone - Dorset - on the left is a bit of the front end of a D Series belonging to Reliance Scrap who owned the yard - bit of a rarity in its time a Guy with a sleeper and on a 8 Wheeler!!!

Last one for today!!! - I took this parked up in the entrance to their yard in Poole Lane - I like the old Ford Transit workshop van in the background with the flared wheel arches

I know you have seen these before but they are a bit better than the originals - let me know if you do not want to be bored by me by showing them again and I will stop!!! - Take care all

Please dont stop, especially keen to see Foden tippers, wreckers or waste lorries. Thanks for your efforts, very much appreciated.

DEANB:
A popular 8 wheeler back in the 1970’s was the Magirus Deutz who battled it out with Volvo for the number 1 spot wih regard to sales
for foreign manufacturer’s. Infact even beating them for several years. The other main foreign importers for the 8 wheeler were Man,Mercedes and DAF.

The biggest selling 8 wheelers from the UK manufacturers were the Scammell Routeman,Atkinson,Leyland,Foden,ERF,AEC and Seddon Atkinson
etc in no particular order. I am sure i have read that the Routeman was the largest selling 8 wheeler tipper in the early 70’s.

Magirus Deutz were particlarly popular with the muck away and tipper companies.

Hi Dean nice to see all these great articals out of old truck mags and pictrues of Margirus Deutz tippers Regards Darren :smiley: :smiley:

The Foden is still “alive” in preservation
Yes Paul.
Foden S21 (1967)Llandudno Transport Festival 03/05/2014
all credit to Steve Glover a fellow flickrite for the photo.
Oily

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”

Thanks “MT”. I have always liked M Davies colour scheme and i liked the way they kept there old F7’s,F10’s going for years.
I wonder if there are many of there old motors abandonded in their yard ? :unamused: :wink:

Hey Dean ,years a go he had a big yard full of old motors ,but have not been past their recently,MT

Thanks “MT” :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB”

Hi Dean ,C M Phillpots from Kington Hereford ,they had a couple of them ,a big user in south Wales G D J Price (Derek Price) from Nash Newport ,i think you may have featured them .
KTH tipper hire from Hereford in the previous set ,and as usual Dean great shots ,regards Keith

Thanks for the comments Keith about the Maggies. :smiley:

smallcoal:

Nice pics John. :wink: Andersons always did alot of fish out of Scotland to Spain.

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Gro Continental MAN.

Thanks for your comments Trevor. :wink: Paul was telling me that Culina Group have just bought out Fowler Welch for 98 million ! :open_mouth:

oiltreader:
Oily

Thanks for the pic Oily. :wink:

oiltreader:
Oily

Tidy looking Scania Oily. :smiley:

Paul C Gee:
Another one of my favourites - this is a scrap yard just down from where EF Phillipps used to be in Mannings Heath Road - Parkstone - Dorset - on the left is a bit of the front end of a D Series belonging to Reliance Scrap who owned the yard - bit of a rarity in its time a Guy with a sleeper and on a 8 Wheeler!!!

Can remember that Guy Paul. :smiley: I wonder who did the sleeper conversion on it.

Mark caught it on Corrals of Poole’s weighbridge on the docks. That weigh bridge was small and used to have to split weigh artics on it. :wink:

2017-07-16 11.21.28.jpg

finbarot:
Please dont stop, especially keen to see Foden tippers, wreckers or waste lorries. Thanks for your efforts, very much appreciated.

Will pop some stuff on tomorrow “finbarot” :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Hi Dean nice to see all these great articals out of old truck mags and pictrues of Margirus Deutz tippers Regards Darren :smiley: :smiley:

The Maggies had a strong following back in the 70’s Daz. :wink:

oiltreader:
Yes Paul.
Oily

Great to see that motor has been restored ,thanks for the pic Oily. :wink:

Glad to see you back Dean, resurrecting the threads, you’ve certainly been prolific today !!

Paul C Gee:

tastrucker:

and the last one I have fully in their livery is March 2020 - taken on the A303

Hello Paul ,yes that batch of early MANs (possibly) thefirst were supplied by Gresford Garages Wrexham as they did not have Shropshire regs ,at that time most of Nigel Grocotts work was Kronospan at Chirk ,and Michelin tyres Stoke,thank you Trevor

Hi, Does anybody have any photos of our old Scania 124L 420, Y541 FYA, It worked Around Southampton Pulling Grain and Salt Bulk Tippers, It was operated by S.M. Trucking with a White Bulk Tipper. We Still Own it but I can’t find any photos of it working, If anybody has any photos of it from years ago it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Taken at cullimores yesterday

DEANB:

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”

Thanks “MT”. I have always liked M Davies colour scheme and i liked the way they kept there old F7’s,F10’s going for years.
I wonder if there are many of there old motors abandonded in their yard ? :unamused: :wink:

Hey Dean ,years a go he had a big yard full of old motors ,but have not been past their recently,MT

Thanks “MT” :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB”

Hi Dean ,C M Phillpots from Kington Hereford ,they had a couple of them ,a big user in south Wales G D J Price (Derek Price) from Nash Newport ,i think you may have featured them .
KTH tipper hire from Hereford in the previous set ,and as usual Dean great shots ,regards Keith

Thanks for the comments Keith about the Maggies. :smiley:

smallcoal:

Nice pics John. :wink: Andersons always did alot of fish out of Scotland to Spain.

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Gro Continental MAN.

Thanks for your comments Trevor. :wink: Paul was telling me that Culina Group have just bought out Fowler Welch for 98 million ! :open_mouth:

oiltreader:
Oily

Thanks for the pic Oily. :wink:

oiltreader:
Oily

Tidy looking Scania Oily. :smiley:

Paul C Gee:

Can remember that Guy Paul. :smiley: I wonder who did the sleeper conversion on it.

Mark caught it on Corrals of Poole’s weighbridge on the docks. That weigh bridge was small and used to have to split weigh artics on it. :wink:

finbarot:

Will pop some stuff on tomorrow “finbarot” :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Dean its great to see you back on here again you have been on the missing list for a bit :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

oiltreader:
Yes Paul.
Oily

Great to see that motor has been restored ,thanks for the pic Oily. :wink:

robthedog:
Glad to see you back Dean, resurrecting the threads, you’ve certainly been prolific today !!

Rob,I have been busy on the “DIY” front which i hate with a passion. :cry: :cry:

tastrucker:
“Paul C Gee”

Hello Paul ,yes that batch of early MANs (possibly) thefirst were supplied by Gresford Garages Wrexham as they did not have Shropshire regs ,at that time most of Nigel Grocotts work was Kronospan at Chirk ,and Michelin tyres Stoke,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor,you certainly know the transport companies around Shropshire ! :smiley: :wink:

Redneck Kieran:
Hi, Does anybody have any photos of our old Scania 124L 420, Y541 FYA, It worked Around Southampton Pulling Grain and Salt Bulk Tippers, It was operated by S.M. Trucking with a White Bulk Tipper. We Still Own it but I can’t find any photos of it working, If anybody has any photos of it from years ago it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for the pic Kieran. Paul will no doubt have a look and see if he ever caught that motor on the road. :wink:

smallcoal:
Taken at cullimores yesterday

Cracking pics John. :smiley: That F10 looks sweet like she could still do a days work no problem. :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Dean its great to see you back on here again you have been on the missing list for a bit :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Been doing the dreaded “DIY” Daz. :cry:

Brian Harris trucks were once a familiar sight on the road with there traditional colour scheme. He liked his ERF’s.

Click on pages twice to read.