PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

8LXBV8BRIAN:
Atkinson 6x4 is a venturer, Borderer is a 4x2 . :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: - :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Thanks Brian wrong glasses on [emoji1303]

An other Berliet from a council, itā€™s now a GLM 12 with 250 hp 6 cylinders engine, your first one is a GLR with 160 hp 5 cylinders.The body is to test roads and maybe itā€™s the bodybuilder who sold the entire vehicle .

Lawrence Dunbar:

8LXBV8BRIAN:
Atkinson 6x4 is a venture, Borderer is a 4x2 . :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: - :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Plus 1.& Perfectly Correct. Regards Larry.

TruckNetUK.Old Time Lorries.Paul Geeā€™s Collection.Atkinson Venturer,YNU 688L.Page 45.VALKYRIE.Friday,18th August,2017.

Atkinson Venturer T4568XB,Mk 2 -Cabbed,Gardner 8LXB 240-250,6x4 Heavy Haulage Tractive Unit Lowloader Lorry,Chassis No.FC.23111,YNU 688L,Derby,10- 1972.New to CAMBRO,Chesterfield.Terex Landscraper.Picssr photograph:-

This Atkinson Venturer was later converted in to the smart and very attractive heavy recovery vehicle - HRV - it is today,QV photograph below:-

Atkinson Venturer T4568XB,Mk 2 -Cabbed,Gardner 8LXB 240-250,6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle-HRV - Breakdown - Lorry Tow Truck,Chassis No.FC.23111,YNU 688L,Derby,10- 1972.Fuller 15 speed,Eaton 2 speed axles.Coney Moor Motors.Picssr photograph:-

Atkinson Venturer T4568XB,Mk 2 -Cabbed,Gardner 8LXB 240-250,6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle-HRV - Breakdown - Lorry Tow Truck,,Chassis No.FC.23111,YNU 688L,Derby,10- 1972.Fuller 15 speed,Eaton 2 speed axles.Coney Moor Motors.Picsrr..jpg

This Atkinson Venturer was auctioned at the Protruck Cooper Classic Collection Auction, Peterborough,sometime in 2016.But I donā€™t know if this
lorry soldā€¦ :confused: :slight_smile:

VALKYRIE

DEANB:
Heres one Paul ! :smiley:

W & J Riding Atkinson Mk I Silver Knight 4X2 tractor unit Reg No ETF 860F Fleet No 34 is pictured here in 1968 at the premises of Drum Engineering Bradford where a Wellworthy WS 9 Blower, complete with hydraulic drive, had been fitted to a brand new Crane-Fruehauf 1450 cubic foot non tipping tandem axle powder tanker.

This is the original un-cropped version of the photograph that Tom Riding took in 1968 alongside a Bulwark Seddon Diesel with a tipping tank to show the complete different approaches to the job at that time.

vwvanman0:
The MAN tipper is Barnett and Graham from penrith.

Great photos as ever,love this thread.

Steve.

Thanks Steve for confirming the company,glad you like the thread ! :wink:

Carl Williams:

DEANB:
Some pics.

J & A Sutherland Foden. Trailer looks a bit odd ā– ā– ?

Pauls ERF bulker. Marina,Beetle,maybe Datsun at the back ?

Findus Volvo F10

Anyone recognise the MAN bulker ā– ā– ? Cant make the name out on headboard ?

Looks like Thompson Davis & Co ā– ā–  on DAF

AEC breakdown truck. Whats the truck being towed ā– ā– 

Stirk MAN bulker.

Berliet looks like some sort of council truck which seems an odd make to have back then ?

Edwin C Farrell Mercedes.

Anyone recognie the Bedford,cant make name out on door ā– ā– ? Looks similar to Smith & Robinson possibly ā– ā– 

The truck being towed is a Bedford SB (Passenger chassis) By the badge n the front would estimate about 1963 manufacturer. Havenā€™t a clue who the pantechnicon body was built by, but looks a bit of a home made affair, but there again to build a cab onto a bare chassis be it rough as it appears needs some skill

Cheers Carl, i thought it might have been Bedford but wasnt 100% sure ! :wink: :smiley:

moomooland:
0 Berliet road surface survey truck along side a West Yorkshire County Council Vauxhall Viva van in the days before the Highways Agency. Taken on the M62 at the cutting just before Scammonden Dam. Notice the distinctive wire rope crash barrier in the foreground which was designed that way to supposedly stop snow drifts in the winter accumulating in the center of the carriageway and blow straight across to the side of the road.

Thanks for your comments Paul ! :smiley:

backsplice:
The Foden pulling the little single axle trailer is Sutherlands of Edinburgh they used to pull into Catterick Cafe (Lawsons) loaded with sawdust I think it went on to be made into chipboard regulars on the A1 mid /late sixties ā€¦

Cheers ā€œbackspliceā€ for confirming what the trailer carried,that explains the single axle re weight. :laughing:

Mark R:
Edwin Farralls Mercedes must have been one of the last like that on an R registration.

Thanks for your comment Mark ! :wink:

gazsa401:

8LXBV8BRIAN:
Atkinson 6x4 is a venturer, Borderer is a 4x2 . :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: - :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Thanks Brian wrong glasses on [emoji1303]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

michel:
An other Berliet from a council, itā€™s now a GLM 12 with 250 hp 6 cylinders engine, your first one is a GLR with 160 hp 5 cylinders.The body is to test roads and maybe itā€™s the bodybuilder who sold the entire vehicle .

Thanks for your input ā€œmichelā€ :wink: :smiley:

moomooland:

DEANB:

0W & J Riding Atkinson Mk I Silver Knight 4X2 tractor unit Reg No ETF 860F Fleet No 34 is pictured here in 1968 at the premises of Drum Engineering Bradford where a Wellworthy WS 9 Blower, complete with hydraulic drive, had been fitted to a brand new Crane-Fruehauf 1450 cubic foot non tipping tandem axle powder tanker.

This is the original un-cropped version of the photograph that Tom Riding took in 1968 alongside a Bulwark Seddon Diesel with a tipping tank to show the complete different approaches to the job at that time.

And nigh on 40 years later their is still no definitive answer. Much depends on the product being carried but tipping vs non-tipping is very much down to operator preference. Drum blowers are an American design and are still part of the Gardner Denver product range.

Some pics.

Anyone recogmise the Guy ā– ā– ? Loaded with shedā€™s ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2017-06-11 15.45.56.jpg

Allwood transport Saviem.

2017-06-11 15.52.29.jpg

Conveyor truck services Volvo F10 overtaking the old commer van.

2017-06-12 15.26.48.jpg

Garador MAN

2017-06-12 15.30.28.jpg

Trans Bert DAF

2017-06-12 15.33.19.jpg

Peter Ford Mercedes.

2017-06-12 15.35.18.jpg

Wild transport MAN

2017-06-12 15.37.07.jpg

Celcon Volvo F86

2017-06-12 15.39.02.jpg

Anyone recognise the Maggie ā– ā– ?

2017-06-12 15.46.21.jpg

H.Campey & Son Ltd Foden.

2017-06-12 15.52.57.jpg

Midlands BRS Dean, 5 Allegros(awful) and 2 Minis, winners in many ways and BMW at Cowley have kept the brand going, not quite as mini but still in big demand. Got a feeling that BigJ unit may have been orginally of the Lathamā€™s fleet and prior to change of livery and rebranding to Cartranport BRS.
Oily

2017-06-11 15.45.56.jpg

2017-06-12 15.52.57.jpgHarry Campey started the business in the 1930s with just one truck.
His youngest son married the daughter of Stan Robson, the founder of Robsonā€™s Border Transport.

Campeys of Selby Ltd, still very much in business today, is now owned and run by Harrys Grandson Paul Campey, the third generation of the Selby based haulier.

DEANB:
Pauls ERF bulker. Marina,Beetle,maybe Datsun at the back ?

Looks like a 180 Bluebird.When even the cheapest nastiest Jap crap at least had some style and rwd.The small Triumph some posts ago looks like a 1500 not a Toledo and the Jag is a series 2 XJ. :wink:

DEANB:
One for Bubbs !

Western transport.

Great to see pictures of western transport lorries my stepfather was a driver in those days , eventually became transport manager .
Great memories of school holidays going with him in AEC Mandators to start with then the 110 scaniaā€™ s
like the one in the photo

DEANB:
Peter Ford Mercedes.

I remember subbing back loads to Peter Ford Transport in the mid-80s - didnā€™t they have another name, ā€˜Himpsold Haulageā€™? Itā€™s been a while, but that rings a bell

VALKYRIE:

Lawrence Dunbar:

8LXBV8BRIAN:
Atkinson 6x4 is a venture, Borderer is a 4x2 . :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: - :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Plus 1.& Perfectly Correct. Regards Larry.

TruckNetUK.Old Time Lorries.Paul Geeā€™s Collection.Atkinson Venturer,YNU 688L.Page 45.VALKYRIE.Friday,18th August,2017.

Atkinson Venturer T4568XB,Mk 2 -Cabbed,Gardner 8LXB 240-250,6x4 Heavy Haulage Tractive Unit Lowloader Lorry,Chassis No.FC.23111,YNU 688L,Derby,10- 1972.New to CAMBRO,Chesterfield.Terex Landscraper.Picssr photograph:-

This Atkinson Venturer was later converted in to the smart and very attractive heavy recovery vehicle - HRV - it is today,QV photograph below:-

Atkinson Venturer T4568XB,Mk 2 -Cabbed,Gardner 8LXB 240-250,6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle-HRV - Breakdown - Lorry Tow Truck,Chassis No.FC.23111,YNU 688L,Derby,10- 1972.Fuller 15 speed,Eaton 2 speed axles.Coney Moor Motors.Picssr photograph:-

This Atkinson Venturer was auctioned at the Protruck Cooper Classic Collection Auction, Peterborough,sometime in 2016.But I donā€™t know if this
lorry soldā€¦ :confused: :slight_smile:

VALKYRIE

Thanks for your comments and photos VALKYRIE ! :wink: :smiley:

moomooland:

DEANB:

0W & J Riding Atkinson Mk I Silver Knight 4X2 tractor unit Reg No ETF 860F Fleet No 34 is pictured here in 1968 at the premises of Drum Engineering Bradford where a Wellworthy WS 9 Blower, complete with hydraulic drive, had been fitted to a brand new Crane-Fruehauf 1450 cubic foot non tipping tandem axle powder tanker.

Thanks Paul for the info on that pic ! :wink:

gingerfold:

[/quote]
And nigh on 40 years later their is still no definitive answer. Much depends on the product being carried but tipping vs non-tipping is very much down to operator preference. Drum blowers are an American design and are still part of the Gardner Denver product range.
[/quote]
Thanks for your input ā€œgingerfoldā€ :smiley: :laughing:

oiltreader:
Midlands BRS Dean, 5 Allegros(awful) and 2 Minis, winners in many ways and BMW at Cowley have kept the brand going, not quite as mini but still in big demand. Got a feeling that BigJ unit may have been orginally of the Lathamā€™s fleet and prior to change of livery and rebranding to Cartranport BRS.
Oily

Cheers Oily, yes i was referring to the Allegros mate. I had a mini, good car ! :wink: :laughing:

moomooland:
2Harry Campey started the business in the 1930s with just one truck.
His youngest son married the daughter of Stan Robson, the founder of Robsonā€™s Border Transport.
0Campeys of Selby Ltd, still very much in business today, is now owned and run by Harrys Grandson Paul Campey, the third generation of the Selby based haulier.

Thanks for the information and pic Paul ! :smiley: :laughing:

logger:

DEANB:
One for Bubbs !

Western transport.

Great to see pictures of western transport lorries my stepfather was a driver in those days , eventually became transport manager .
Great memories of school holidays going with him in AEC Mandators to start with then the 110 scaniaā€™ s
like the one in the photo

More of those Western to come ā€œloggerā€ :wink: :laughing:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Peter Ford Mercedes.

I remember subbing back loads to Peter Ford Transport in the mid-80s - didnā€™t they have another name, ā€˜Himpsold Haulageā€™? Itā€™s been a while, but that rings a bell

Thanks for your input ā€œ240 Gardnerā€ :laughing:

How about this one Paul ā– ā– ?

Think it was progressive that was looking for pics of these !

progressivebb.jpg

moomooland:
2Harry Campey started the business in the 1930s with just one truck.
0Campeys of Selby Ltd, still very much in business today, is now owned and run by Harrys Grandson Paul Campey, the third generation of the Selby based haulier.

Being from near Ramsbottom I`m sure you must remember H.Campey going into Trinity Paper Mills at the bottom of Peel Brow , they were regulars in there with the Mickey Mouse cabbed Fodens and the more modern S80s. I wish I had a camera in those days ,such a mixed bag of motors Sheldons? Atkis , West Riding Sacks F88s and the then new F10s , BRS Mandators , J&H Hinchcliffes ERFs , Richard Nuttalls ERFs and a Leyland Retriever plus many more I cant remember. Curtainsiders were banned at the time. :wink:

H Campey Foden photo taken 1979 transportphotos.com/road/photos

VS01920.jpg

ramone:

moomooland:
Being from near Ramsbottom I`m sure you must remember H.Campey going into Trinity Paper Mills at the bottom of Peel Brow , they were regulars in there with the Mickey Mouse cabbed Fodens and the more modern S80s. I wish I had a camera in those days ,such a mixed bag of motors Sheldons? Atkis , West Riding Sacks F88s and the then new F10s , BRS Mandators , J&H Hinchcliffes ERFs , Richard Nuttalls ERFs and a Leyland Retriever plus many more I cant remember. Curtainsiders were banned at the time. :wink:

Hereā€™s one of Richard Nuttallā€™s ERFā€™s in Trinity Paper Mill at Ramsbottom.
The paper mill has been totally leveled now with only the old mill chimney remaining.

moomooland:
Harry Campey started the business in the 1930s with just one truck.

Campeys of Selby Ltd, still very much in business today, is now owned and run by Harrys Grandson Paul Campey, the third generation of the Selby based haulier.

Just arrived in my flickr mail today.
Oily

Ferrymasters, a well known company back in the 1970ā€™s.

ferrymasters 5.11.76.PNG

ferrymastersa.PNG

Click on pages twice to magnify for reading.