PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

After a little detective work online, I’ve since discovered it was indeed Stephen’s FH12 in the picture.

Talking about passing your test on a Bedford these pics courtesy of Ron weatherall I passed my test 91 on the sleeper with a 40ft box behind it it was called crossroads of lougher before he sold them to skill place ,the dark Bedford had a 40ft flat trailer :smiley:

marky:
After a little detective work online, I’ve since discovered it was indeed Stephen’s FH12 in the picture.

Blast from the past “marky” where have you been hiding ■■ :unamused: :laughing:

Paul Gee agrees with you chap and sent me these two pics. :wink:

smallcoal:
Talking about passing your test on a Bedford these pics courtesy of Ron weatherall I passed my test 91 on the sleeper with a 40ft box behind it it was called crossroads of lougher before he sold them to skill place ,the dark Bedford had a 40ft flat trailer :smiley:

Thanks for the comments and pics John. :smiley: :wink:

Who remembers Central Road Transport from Crewkerne.

Used to run alot of Scanias in the 80s and did alot of European work.

A03062p.JPG

A03083p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Some Welsh / border trucks.

Owens Volvo.

S.M.Davies DAF.

J.H.Willis MAN.

R.J.Mason Volvo.

Shropshire Pallets DAF.

A.Clorley Renault from N.Wales.

Richard D Marston smart Scania.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

M&S Transport Scania.

Hicks Volvo.

Clarendon Volvo F86.

Cant remember if we have had a Shaws motor on before ■■ Anyone know anything abou them ■■

Raleigh Leyland Buffalo.

Not sure if we have had one of thee on before. M.J.Napper & Sons ERF bulker.

Cant make the name out on the Volvo F7 ■■

R Hayes Volvo F10 bulker.

Cant make the name out on the DAF ■■?

G.M.Robertson Seddon Atkinson.

A.Atkinson Seddon Atkinson.

Posted this one before Xmas but never got any feedback ■■ Allsons Marathon. Anyone know who the trailer manufacturer is as it looks
wider than normal trailers ■■?

Hi Dean that F7 is mainland market deliveries from pompey

DEANB:

Owens Volvo.

S.M.Davies DAF.

J.H.Willis MAN.

R.J.Mason Volvo.

Shropshire Pallets DAF.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

M&S Transport Scania.

Hicks Volvo.

Hello DEAN ,anther Richard Marstone ,he has a big fleet of Scanias from Halfway house Shrewsbury ,and SM DAvies too are Scanias with a few MANs ,from Welshpool
Dean we were talking about Crowthers of Craven Arms when they bought out Burgoynes ,who were based just outside Craven Arms on the Much Wenlock road the one you pictured are from down Hereford way ,thank you Trevor

Is the yellow DAF Grayston,white & Sparrow,crane hire company

DEANB:
[/attachment]

Posted this one before Xmas but never got any feedback ■■ Allsons Marathon. Anyone know who the trailer manufacturer is as it looks

Optical illusion DEAN, if you follow the trailer base down over the back axle it is in line with the wheels.

DEANB:

Owens Volvo.

S.M.Davies DAF.

J.H.Willis MAN.

R.J.Mason Volvo.

Shropshire Pallets DAF.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

M&S Transport Scania.

Hicks Volvo.

Hey Dean ,i think Paul is a big fan of Mansel Davies ,like the shot of the Hicks FH ,they have a depot in Hereford also ,MT

robthedog:

Hi Dean that F7 is mainland market deliveries from pompey

Thanks for the name Rob. :wink:

tastrucker:
"DEANB"Some Welsh / border trucks.

S.M.Davies DAF.

Hello DEAN ,anther Richard Marstone ,he has a big fleet of Scanias from Halfway house Shrewsbury ,and SM DAvies too are Scanias with a few MANs ,from Welshpool
Dean we were talking about Crowthers of Craven Arms when they bought out Burgoynes ,who were based just outside Craven Arms on the Much Wenlock road the one you pictured are from down Hereford way ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the comments Trevor. I wasnt sure if it was the same Burgoynes or not so thanks for clearing that up chap. :smiley: :wink:

Cockney Pete3:
Is the yellow DAF Grayston,white & Sparrow,crane hire company

You are probably right Pete,i can see crane hire on the door. :smiley:

gingerfold:
“DEANB”

Optical illusion DEAN, if you follow the trailer base down over the back axle it is in line with the wheels.

You may be right Graham. :wink:

Still dont recognise the make of the trailer. ■■ :unamused:

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”

Mansel Davies Volvo.

Hicks Volvo.

Hey Dean ,i think Paul is a big fan of Mansel Davies ,like the shot of the Hicks FH ,they have a depot in Hereford also ,MT

Hi “MT” Yeah every other truck is either a Davies or Owens when he is taking photos up there. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

DEANB:
Clarendon Volvo F86.

Cant remember if we have had a Shaws motor on before ■■ Anyone know anything abou them ■■

Raleigh Leyland Buffalo.
looking at these pics notice how calm traffic was back then,lot better than todays rat race.

Not sure if we have had one of thee on before. M.J.Napper & Sons ERF bulker.

R Hayes Volvo F10 bulker.

Cant make the name out on the DAF ■■?

G.M.Robertson Seddon Atkinson.

A.Atkinson Seddon Atkinson.

ergomatic man:
“DEANB”

Raleigh Leyland Buffalo.
looking at these pics notice how calm traffic was back then,lot better than todays rat race.

Indeed “ergomatic man” much better back then to drive. Awful these day.

These pics from the 1970’s show how much nicer it was to drive rather than today.

CN0025.JPG

CN0028.JPG

AY02.JPG

AY01.JPG

AY07.JPG

AY08.JPG

CN0025.JPGKnutsford Service area on the M6 in Cheshire the picture was taken from the A5033 Northwich Road bridge.

Same location a few years ago when the road works were on it’s now four lanes.

Looks like they had some big kit, pics found on google search btw.

7007816197_d9a319d367.jpg

Cockney Pete3:
Looks like they had some big kit, pics found on google search btw.

Nice pics Pete,thats some crane ! :wink: Did you drive a crane out of intrest ■■ :unamused:

No Dean, im not a driver, cranes or wagons, just an overgrown truckmad kid.
Ive got a thread on here ‘Lovells wharf,’ thats where my interest in old wagons comes from.
Ive operated some big diggers and telehandlers in my time though

Over a million views :open_mouth:

Interesting shot of one of Fluen’s transport on the bridge, got a feeling they were from Andover IIRC cheers Buzzer.

PS. thought you would have a picture of a SEDatki as you are on page 401.

AY01.JPG