PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

BonkeyDollocks:
That’s a mighty fine Tilcon Foden nestling in today’s selection. Wonder where it would’ve been based. :confused:

Sorry chap,dont know where it was based. You will be pleased to hear there are about
another 3/4 pics of ARC motors.

BonkeyDollocks:
That’s a mighty fine Tilcon Foden nestling in today’s selection. Wonder where it would’ve been based. :confused:

Just been told by Paul that the pic was taken on the Golden Valley road,between Gloucester and Cheltenham.

Thank you for posting the photo’s, good memory of days past and the lorry’s ,some of the makes I drove at one time or another,
Please pass my thanks to the chap that took the photos.

DEANB:

BonkeyDollocks:

Just been told by Paul that the pic was taken on the Golden Valley road,between Gloucester and Cheltenham.

Probably Coleford based then.

Pete.

trunker08:
Thank you for posting the photo’s, good memory of days past and the lorry’s ,some of the makes I drove at one time or another,
Please pass my thanks to the chap that took the photos.

trunker, thanks for the message,Paul who took all of the pics likes to read the comments thats why he
let me post them !

Paul was under the impression that no one would be intrested in his photos as it
was his hobby for years,until we started chatting and i told him that we would very
much like to see his photos. :smiley:

:smiley:

windrush:

DEANB:

BonkeyDollocks:

Pete.

Pete, Just remembered you are a big fan of Fodens,there are loads of them in the collection ! :wink:

Todays colour pics include,Roman,Ford,Scania,Foden,DAF,ERF,Bedford,Volvo,Leyland,Scammell !

A rare Roman truck of Phillips who were based in Poole.

A00093.JPG

Fords tall transcontinental which used to dwarf everything else !

A00094.JPG

Left hand drive 110.

A00095.JPG

Elliots Foden from Bournemouth.

A00096.JPG

Daf.

A00097.JPG

Erf.

A00098.JPG

Bedfords finest.

A00099.JPG

Jameson’s Volvo.

A00100.JPG

Marathon looks new !

A00103.JPG

Crusader, with what looks like an unusual trailer to me ? Fridge on the front but looks
like it has some straps on the side ■■?

A00104.JPG

Hi Deanb,
I think the strange fridge is in fact an earley fridge container on a flat trailer, with the two lifting eyes each side.
A few of us will remember we used to chain containers on before twist locks, God another Mary Hopkins moment eh Buzzer !!!
Harvey

That marathon is a stunner!!

Really enjoying your photos Dean and Paul keep them coming.

Steve

DEANB:

pete smith:

DEANB:

oiltreader:
Hi Pete, Trevor and Dean, enjoying the photos, ref:- “The Foden has been preserved and in the livery of Shellabear Price from Walsall as it is a Walsall reg no I presume that is the original owner and it looks like the same livery as in Dean’s pic.

From and thanks to Steve Glover a fellow flickrite, snapped at Llandudno 2014.
Oily

Thanks Oily ,Nice to see its been restored !

David Miller:
Excellent photos Dean. It’s been a good while since you saw Tone Vale with a flat trailer!

Thanks for posting

David

Thanks David, all the photos are Pauls.

pv83:
Cracking stuff mate, ta for posting!

Star of the show in my humble opinion… :wink:

Thanks Patrick !

Looks like a maggie deutz ? There were loads of them about in the 70s.

Remember the babycham trucks well !

Hi Dean,
Thank you for posting these cracking set of pics,the normal control Maggie tipper looks like one of Coleman’s from Birmingham, they ran a fair few of them and the Seddon Atki tipper looks like one of Mervyn Appleby’s from Wolverhampton, Cheers Pete

Thanks for the info Pete ! Those maggies were really popular in the 70s especially as 8 wheeler tippers with
the ordinary cab. Air cooled from memory.Does anyone know why the packed in building trucks ■■?

Today we have,Atkinson,Leyland,Maggies,Scammell,Foden,Volvo,Erf and Mercedes. How things have changed
only Volvo and Mercedes left now !

Hello again DEANB, IVECO bought out Maggie D, they droped the air cooled engine but today the Iveco 8x4 running gear is “the old Maggie”, heavy, but sound as a pound. Harvey

This is what we need more pictures of proper trucks in there working clothes…

We are very grateful you had this conversation with Paul about posting his pictures. They are very much appreciated and word is spreading fast about this forum. What an amazing collection. Paul must have been a rather dedicated photographer! Thanks to him and yourself we get to enjoy them.
Johnny

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

windrush:

DEANB:

BonkeyDollocks:

Pete.

It’s interesting that the cab carries the older Tilcon livery while the body is a Tasktip. Usually the earlier Fodens had the Carrimore bodies favoured by the Tarmac fleet of the mid 70s.

HRS:
Hi Deanb,
I think the strange fridge is in fact an earley fridge container on a flat trailer, with the two lifting eyes each side.
A few of us will remember we used to chain containers on before twist locks, God another Mary Hopkins moment eh Buzzer !!!
Harvey

Thanks for the reply Harvey you are right. Funny enough after popping these on this morning i was
looking at some pics and saw another one similar,but you could see the fridge sat on the flat bed
more clearly ! Must admit although i am sure i would have seen these in the 70s i dont remember
them. Thanks for confirming what happened to Maggie Deutz ! :smiley:

vwvanman0:
That marathon is a stunner!!

Really enjoying your photos Dean and Paul keep them coming.

Steve

Thanks Steve. :wink:

tankerian:
This is what we need more pictures of proper trucks in there working clothes…

Dont worry mate theres alot more to come !

BonkeyDollocks:

windrush:

DEANB:

BonkeyDollocks:

Pete.

It’s interesting that the cab carries the older Tilcon livery while the body is a Tasktip. Usually the earlier Fodens had the Carrimore bodies favoured by the Tarmac fleet of the mid 70s.

Thanks for the observation chap !

jsutherland:
We are very grateful you had this conversation with Paul about posting his pictures. They are very much appreciated and word is spreading fast about this forum. What an amazing collection. Paul must have been a rather dedicated photographer! Thanks to him and yourself we get to enjoy them.
Johnny

Funny you should mention that Johnny, Paul did take his photography very serious ! He used to
develop his own black and white photos due to the cost. Like everyone else i can remember
how expensive it was to have a film developed at Boots back in the 1970s.

To give you an idea if 10 of his photos were put on here 7 days a week,it would take 13 years
to post them all ! :laughing: :unamused: :wink: At the moment i dont know how many we can have.
But hes happy seeing them on here,so we will just plod on.

DEANB:

jsutherland:
Johnny

Funny you should mention that Johnny, Paul did take his photography very serious ! He used to
develop his own black and white photos due to the cost. Like everyone else i can remember

To give you an idea if 10 of his photos were put on here 7 days a week,it would take 13 years
to post them all ! :laughing: :unamused: :wink: At the moment i dont know how many we can have.

:frowning: :frowning: I’m defo not going to see them all then, but I live in hope, viewing a daily must for me so well done Paul Gee and yourself for a thread that will no doubt top the list of popularity :smiley:
Oily

ERF

AQ16.JPG

Scania

AQ17.JPG

Mercedes

AQ18.JPG

Crusader

AQ19.JPG

Foden

AQ20.JPG

Mercedes

AQ22.JPG

Saviem ■■

AQ23.JPG

ERF

AQ24.JPG

Scania

AQ25.JPG

Ford

AQ26.JPG

Fine looking 88.

A00102.JPG

Ford transcon.

FTC 1.JPG

Framptons ERF

A00105.JPG

Roman

A00106.JPG

Scania

A00107.JPG

the old maggies were pretty popular !

A00108.JPG

Trailer could do with a wash on the Foden.

A00109.JPG

Scania, whats the car ■■? I thought it was a rover P6 but not sure now ■■

A00110.JPG

Foden

A00111.JPG

Another maggie.

A00112.JPG

Very nice half cab S50 ARC in the first batch of this afternoons lot. There wasn’t many for ARC I believe so Paul did well to snap that one.

And I am inclined to agree with Oiltreader’s observation that the photos are brilliant. My main interest are quarry tippers but I enjoy seeing all the other vehicles in the shots.

Many many thanks for your continuing efforts in scanning and posting the pics. :sunglasses:

DEANB:

jsutherland:
Johnny

to post them all ! [emoji38] :unamused: :wink: At the moment i dont know how many we can have.

That is some dedication! A shame I don’t live near you to share the scanning.
Bye for now
Johnny

BonkeyDollocks:
Very nice half cab S50 ARC in the first batch of this afternoons lot. There wasn’t many for ARC I believe so Paul did well to snap that one.

And I am inclined to agree with Oiltreader’s observation that the photos are brilliant. My main interest are quarry tippers but I enjoy seeing all the other vehicles in the shots.

Many many thanks for your continuing efforts in scanning and posting the pics. :sunglasses:

Your slacking chap, did you miss the Ford transcon ■■? :wink: Theres another pic of it in
these pics.

jsutherland:

DEANB:

jsutherland:
Johnny

to post them all ! [emoji38] :unamused: :wink: At the moment i dont know how many we can have.

That is some dedication! A shame I don’t live near you to share the scanning.
Bye for now
Johnny

Johnny, Paul does all the scanning.

Todays pics, starting off with some “■■■■” for Robert !

When the trucks are stood still the photos are fantastic for quality ! :smiley:

AQ30.JPG

AQ31.JPG

AQ32.JPG

Unic.

AQ15.JPG

Foden.

AQ21.JPG

Maggie.

AQ27.JPG

Daf

AQ28.JPG

Daf on Severn bridge.

AR03.JPG

Think this is the first TK we have had which is amazing as probably the most common truck ?

AR05.JPG

Seddon.Who would have tought Woolworths would have shut !

AR26.JPG

DEANB:
Todays pics, starting off with some “■■■■” for Robert !

When the trucks are stood still the photos are fantastic for quality ! :smiley:

Too right!! :smiley: :laughing: