PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Brackmills F88 :smiley:

Billows Volvo F86

P.D.Grittiths Big J Guy

Excelsior Plastics DAF, trailer looks a bit tired.

Anyone recognise the Foden ■■?

The foden is bowketts
Sykes of Manchester ERF

Marathon. I think we had one this colour in the first batch of pics,anyone know whos it is ■■?

Old Bedford removal truck.

J & C Finney, DAF

H.E Rees & Son Mercedes.

Suedehead:

DEANB:
Some pics.

Salamandre Bedford TM

[

Totally forgot about that company until I saw the pic.
Salamandre were a metal fabrication company based on the South Marston ind est.
Cracking pics btw.

I know how you feel “Suedehead” there are lots of companies that i had forgotten about until i saw
the pics ! :smiley:

moomooland:

coomsey:

moomooland:
Living n learning moomooland always thought blue n white Fodens were bound for ECC quarries

Here’s another Foden works motor on test.
1Reg No GTU 899G was first registered on the 1st of October 1968 it’s a Foden S24 Hybrid Twinload.
0GTU 899G was saved for preservation here it is after being restored by Tony Knowles.

Thanks Paul,great pics mate ! :wink:

ianto:
Leyland Marathon i think was Williams Nantgeradig Carmarthen also known as Towy Valley Fuels they were coal merchants and coal suppliers they ran a small fleet of trucks The Foden my br S W Bowket of Newport The Mercedes i think was from Robeston Wathen near Narbeth Pembrokeshire

Thanks “ianto” for the information ! :wink:

moomooland:
1Anyone remember the Finneys DAF that was outside the house at the junction of the A577 Sale Lane and Wellington Drive in Tyldesley it was there for years until it rotted away.

Click here >> for Google Street View of were it was parked up for years.

Photograph courtesy of Robert Cheetham.

Thanks again for the pic, the old DAF is looking a bit sad there ! :cry:

Bewick:
Jimmy and Cliff Finney, now there were two characters who were well known throughout the transport industry of old, I don’t know what they would make of the “job” now ! :cry: knew them both ! Cheers Bewick.

“Bewick” 2 character and you knew them ? Why am i not surprised Dennis ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Punchy Dan:

moomooland:
1Turner Bros were from Earl Sterndale, a village 5 mile South of Buxton.
There is a preserved ERF LV in their livery knocking about at rallies.

Rigsby bumped one up , :blush: ,I wonder if Bonkey has shown this to Andrew Turner ? :laughing:

:wink:

Buzzer:

moomooland:
1Anyone remember the Finneys DAF that was outside the house at the junction of the A577 Sale Lane and Wellington Drive in Tyldesley it was there for years until it rotted away.

Click here >> for Google Street View of were it was parked up for years.

Photograph courtesy of Robert Cheetham.

Hi remember Finney’s Transport always in Southampton and IIRC they back loaded a lot from Begard with ISR rubber in metal stillage’s out of Fawley, Buzzer.

Thanks for your comments “Buzzer” :smiley:

michel:
One of the first drawbar from Mahé transport company, a Bernard with Pelpel cab registred in 1957.

Thanks for the pic “michel” :wink:

smallcoal:

DEANB:
Brackmills F88 :smiley:

Billows Volvo F86

P.D.Grittiths Big J Guy

Excelsior Plastics DAF, trailer looks a bit tired.

Anyone recognise the Foden ■■?

The foden is bowketts ]

Thanks John for the name Bowketts ! :wink:

Some pics.

Foden breakdown truck.

2017-07-16 22.28.36.jpg

Carefoot Atkinson defender

Atki Carefoot.jpg

S.Harrison & Sons Scammell,these were running on for years remember seeing them on the M1.

2017-07-16 22.34.31.jpg

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

2017-07-16 22.37.02.jpg

W.H. Fearn ERF,with Guy Big J following.

2017-07-16 22.32.19.jpg

Vinyl products tidy marathon.

2017-07-16 22.39.04.jpg

Hoover Foden

paulgee hoover1.jpg

Sturge chemicals ERF. Think that might be a Dawson freight F88 overtaking ■■?
cant remember ■■ is it Crow tankers ■■

2017-07-16 22.48.16.jpg

Mark Yate Plant Co Ltd, DAF low loader.

2017-07-16 22.51.15.jpg

S.Watson borderer.

2017-07-17 18.45.14.jpg

The Daf would be from Park Cakes, and I agree that the red & cream Foden would have been from SW Bowkett.

Atki Carefoot.jpgWalter Carefoot was Jim Riding’s brother in law.
Their yard is next to W & J Riding’s old yard in Longridge Lancashire which has been sold for the development of a new Aldi and housing eatate.

Part of Carefoots fleet today who have been in business since 1929.
You can find Carefoots company history on their website HERE

kmills:
The Daf would be from Park Cakes, and I agree that the red & cream Foden would have been from SW Bowkett.

2017-06-07 20.29.36.jpg

2017-07-16 22.37.02.jpgYes defiantly Park Cake from Oldham.
Lower picture shows it heading down Keele Bank on the M6 towards Junction 15.

kmills:

Thanks “kmills” :wink:

moomooland:
Walter Carefoot was Tom Riding’s brother in law their yard is next to W & J Riding’s yard in Longridge Lancashire, although Riding’s old empty depot has been for a new Aldi and housing development.
Part of Carefoots fleet today who have been in business since 1929.
You can find Carefoots company history on their website HERE

Thanks Paul, that scania pic sums up new trucks for me,no character !!! :wink:

moomooland:

kmills:

Yes defiantly Park Cake from Oldham.
Lower picture shows it heading down Keele Bank on the M6 towards Junction 15.

Thanks again Paul ! :wink: :smiley:

Is this an ex Riding motor ■■

MAN ,Frame Duncan & Reid ■■

2017-06-10 15.51.35.jpg

Foden,looks like a ex Rugby Cement motor. Anyone recognise the ERF ■■

2017-06-10 15.55.28.jpg

ERF bulker of W.H.Pritchard.

2017-06-10 15.57.14.jpg

Chew Bros mercedes.Only single wheels on the trailer,most were double back then.

2017-06-10 15.58.57.jpg

Tidy 86 of AA Griggs & Co.

2017-06-10 16.01.49.jpg

Nice looking Defender of Hopkins Bros.

2017-06-10 16.05.42.jpg

S & H Mc Call Scania 111

2017-06-10 16.12.54.jpg

Burgh Bedford TM

2017-06-10 16.19.06.jpg

DAF of BRS

2017-06-10 16.20.53.jpg

I R Dunkerley DAF

2017-06-10 16.22.31.jpg

These are from pete359 collection the aec my uncle drove and I had for shunting in the abbey steelworks the scammell was used internal down the bos plant cheers John

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DEANB:

Chew Bros mercedes.Only single wheels on the trailer,most were double back then.

S & H Mc Call Scania 111

Burgh Bedford TM

DAF of BRS

I R Dunkerley DAF

I R Dunkerley & W H Pritchard both from Yate nr Bristol . So many transport companies in that area back then hardly any of them left .
The 2300 of I R Dunkerley was one of 2 the same which were the 1st DAF’s in the fleet . Not sure which one but one was written off in an accident on the A12 in bad weather

DEANB:

The Foden I believe was ex Blue Circle and was run by Ernie Stead. The ERF is a Sed Ak and looks to be Hoveringham Stone colours Dean.

Here’s a couple of pics of Ernie Stead tankers:

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

Joints line up and pete359 took this excellent shot of Harrison along side

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DEANB:

lym-001.jpgYes it sure was Dean here it is below when operated by Riding’s

Photograph courtesy of Bubbleman. :smiley:
This was one of five ex Watney Mann four year old Seddon Atkinson 401 Series 4x2 tractor unit’s that Tom Riding acquired from George Wood of Huddersfield on the 1st of November 1985 at a cost of £8,000 each plus vat.
Registered new to Watney Mann on the 1st of December 1981 LYM 251X had originally, as had the other four, all been fitted with an Allison 5 speed automatic gearbox’s.
On arrival at Longridge Riding’s converted them all to Fuller 9509 manual direct top gearboxes coupled to their original 3.7 : 1 final drive.
After five years at Riding;s LYM 251X was sold on the 12th of June 1990 for £3,500 plus vat to Thomasson Transport Services of Westhoughton.

smallcoal:
These are from pete359 collection the aec my uncle drove and I had for shunting in the abbey steelworks the scammell was used internal down the bos plant cheers John

Thanks for the pics John, heres another of Joint Motorways ERF’s.

2017-06-19 19.04.59.jpg

logger:

DEANB:

S & H Mc Call Scania 111

Burgh Bedford TM

DAF of BRS

I R Dunkerley DAF

I R Dunkerley & W H Pritchard both from Yate nr Bristol . So many transport companies in that area back then hardly any of them left .
The 2300 of I R Dunkerley was one of 2 the same which were the 1st DAF’s in the fleet . Not sure which one but one was written off in an accident on the A12 in bad weather

Thanks for your comments “logger” :wink: :smiley:

BonkeyDollocks:

DEANB:

The Foden I believe was ex Blue Circle and was run by Ernie Stead. The ERF is a Sed Ak and looks to be Hoveringham Stone colours Dean.

Here’s a couple of pics of Ernie Stead tankers:

Thanks “BonkeyDollocks” looks definately like a Ernie Stead one ! :wink: :laughing:

smallcoal:
Joints line up and pete359 took this excellent shot of Harrison along side

Thanks for the pics John / Andrew ! :wink:

moomooland:

DEANB:

0Yes it sure was Dean here it is below when operated by Riding’s
1Photograph courtesy of Bubbleman. :smiley:
This was of five ex Watney Mann four year old 401 Series 4x2 tractor unit’s that Tom Riding acquired from George Wood of Huddersfield on the 1st of November 1985 at a cost of £8,000 plus vat each.
Registered new to Watney Mann on the 1st of December 1981 LYM 251X had originally as had the other three all been fitted with an Allison 5 speed automatic gearbox’s.
On arrival at Longridge Riding’s converted them all to Fuller 9509 manual direct top gearboxes coupled to their original 3.7 : 1 final drive.
After five years at Riding;s LYM 251X was sold on the 12th of June 1990 for £3,500 plus vat to Thomasson Transport Services of Westhoughton.

Thanks Paul, you certainly have some info on that fleet ! :smiley: :laughing:

Some pics.

Looking good Econofreight F88

2017-06-10 17.39.01.jpg

BRS Crusader

2017-06-10 16.35.21.jpg

Anyone recognise the Marathon.

2017-06-10 16.37.52.jpg

Thomas Bell Scania 111

2017-06-10 17.45.20.jpg

Derrick Ralph Scania 80

2017-06-10 17.50.32.jpg

Renwicks Marathon

2017-06-10 17.55.54.jpg

Horrible colour on the Bedford TM of Country Kitchens.

2017-06-10 17.57.45.jpg

Maurice Leaky Volvo F10

2017-06-10 18.00.02.jpg

Bugles transport Scania 140

2017-06-10 20.15.47.jpg

Sid Knowles ERF

2017-06-10 20.18.23.jpg

DEANB:

It’s a lightweight trailer design, either a Pitt Tandem-4, or a similar type made by Primrose. The restricted the GTW to 26 tons. With a light unit coupled to one of these the payload was only a couple of tons less than a 32 tonner. E.G. an AEC Mercury tractor unit plus Pitt tandem-4 we ran tared off at 7 tons, so a legal 19 tons payload. Mr Bewick had a similar take on getting a quart out of a pint pot in his early years.

Double post

DEANB:

smallcoal:

Thanks for the pics John, heres another of Joint Motorways ERF’s.

Andrew had this erf done up in joints livery excellent pic of the joints artic credit to you both cheers John

image.jpeg