PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

A02202.JPG

Hi Dean think this Borderer could have been a sub contractor for Durhams from Teesside as he is pulling a Durhams trailer which has a load of steel rod more than likely loaded from the rod mill BSC Lackenby. My dad worked in the trailer scheme there loading loads such as this for all the hauliers involved, from the late 70,s until he retired.

A02202.JPG

This wagon although Kieth has identified as been from a haulage company from Wales does have a North East (Durham) registration so maybe second hand.

A02530.JPG

DEANB:
M54 photos.

Balfour Beatty DAF.

Woodhaul Renault.

Cant make the name out on the Mercedes ■■?

Lauds Transport ERF. Dont think we have had one of these on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

Another one i dont think we have had on before. W.J.Capper Mercedes ■■?

Anyone recognise the 142 ■■?

Shilton Mercedes.

S.Jones ERF.

Leyland Roadtrain. I assume its a unit stretched or Consructor ■■? Anyone know the haulier ?

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson bulker ■■

That Woodhaul Renault brought back some memories , i thought it was my old motor at first but mine was a twin steer E555 EWE . I think it came from Sheffield and could have been an ex Gloystene ? motor . Bloody awful thing on a par with the Mercs we are running now but at least it was a manual

jshepguis:

Hi Dean think this Borderer could have been a sub contractor for Durhams from Teesside as he is pulling a Durhams trailer which has a load of steel rod more than likely loaded from the rod mill BSC Lackenby. My dad worked in the trailer scheme there loading loads such as this for all the hauliers involved, from the late 70,s until he retired.

This wagon although Kieth has identified as been from a haulage company from Wales does have a North East (Durham) registration so maybe second hand.

Hi ,jshepguis,yes indeed Glyn Morris entire fleet would have been second hand stock,he hauled steel out the Orb works in Newport and had tippers on coke work ,regards Keith

Hi Dean, Just as you suggested earlier, I have been back to page 179 from February 2018. I had forgotten that I posted
a few pictures of my Ex Bass Charrington TL Bedford, which, when new, was fitted with Linkliner sliding door bodywork
by Boalloy. I very soon had it converted to a curtainsider. Also the interesting comments that Bass removed any makers
lettering from the radiator grill, in this case B E D F O R D , I hadn’t noticed that it wasn’t there. :blush: :slight_smile:

Cheers, Ray.

jshepguis:

Thanks for the comments about the Atki chap. :smiley:

ramone:
“DEANB” M54 photos.

Woodhaul Renault.

That Woodhaul Renault brought back some memories , i thought it was my old motor at first but mine was a twin steer E555 EWE . I think it came from Sheffield and could have been an ex Gloystene ? motor . Bloody awful thing on a par with the Mercs we are running now but at least it was a manual

“Bloody awful thing” :laughing: :laughing: Classic ! Always nice when you see a company you drove for even if it was not the best of
trucks “ramone” :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, Just as you suggested earlier, I have been back to page 179 from February 2018. I had forgotten that I posted
a few pictures of my Ex Bass Charrington TL Bedford, which, when new, was fitted with Linkliner sliding door bodywork
by Boalloy. I very soon had it converted to a curtainsider. Also the interesting comments that Bass removed any makers
lettering from the radiator grill, in this case B E D F O R D , I hadn’t noticed that it wasn’t there. :blush: :slight_smile:

Cheers, Ray.

Always nice to see a “mighty Bedford” on here Ray, as have always liked them. :smiley: :wink:

Some Welsh & border trucks.

S & M Davies MAN.

Runtech MAN.

Gerry Jones DAF.

Cardiff Galvanizers Volvo.

Tidy Volvo of D.Jenkins & Son.

Reg Bowen DAF bulker.

M.K.Morgan Scania.

P1440823p.JPG

Wye Valley Metals Scania.

Avonline Transport Volvo.

Chilton bulk Transport Scania.

Now then chaps, posted the Transcon pic a few weeks ago and no one recognised it ■■ :unamused: Looking at it i thought it was
probably an owner driver, but looks like who ever owned it may have also run the Iveco ? :unamused:

OCL Volvo.

Supamix Volvo.

Express Distribution on the trailer. Is the unit the same company does anyone know ■■

Cant make the name out on the Volvo F7 ,anyone recognise it ■■?

DRG Plastic’s DAF draw-bar.

Lockwood Scania.

Carlsberg ERF.

Cant make the name out on the Seddon Atkinson,anyone recognise it ■■?

Quiz time ! :laughing: :laughing:

1. Which UK truck manufacturer exported the most trucks in 1975 chaps ■■? Dont google it ! :unamused:

2.In the period 1966 to 1975 how many trucks did the above manufacturer export in total. (Nearest thousand will do ! ) :laughing:

The Iveco could be Dave Henton aka PED iirc Pete Smith may be more accurate :wink:

Punchy Dan:
The Iveco could be Dave Henton aka PED iirc Pete Smith may be more accurate :wink:

Hi Dan that Iveco probably was Henton and the Transcon I think was owner driver Paul Merrick who was one of Mervyn Applebys ex drivers

Hey up Dean on my way to Frome today I past one of Parsons artic tippers you mentioned a while back so they are definitely still operating, Buzzer

kingswinford kit:

jshepguis:

Hi ,jshepguis,yes indeed Glyn Morris entire fleet would have been second hand stock,he hauled steel out the Orb works in Newport and had tippers on coke work ,regards Keith

South Wales haulier? Not since the days of Glyn’s dad! Glyn ran his fleet from the old Weston’s Biscuits depot at Lea Line then moved to the former Norman Cash’s Kilcot Garage, just over the border into God’s Own County. Photo was taken before livery was applied- unit dragged into service to load a trailer for the next day. Just a guess!

1. Which UK truck manufacturer exported the most trucks in 1975 chaps ■■? Dont google it
    You’re nothing but a buga Dean!
    Here’s my stab,Foden 12000! :blush: Leyland 30000 ?

DEANB:
Now then chaps, posted the Transcon pic a few weeks ago and no one recognised it ■■ :unamused: Looking at it i thought it was
probably an owner driver, but looks like who ever owned it may have also run the Iveco ? :unamused:

OCL Volvo.

Supamix Volvo.

Express Distribution on the trailer. Is the unit the same company does anyone know ■■

Cant make the name out on the Volvo F7 ,anyone recognise it ■■?

DRG Plastic’s DAF draw-bar.

Lockwood Scania.

Carlsberg ERF.

Cant make the name out on the Seddon Atkinson,anyone recognise it ■■?

Quiz time ! :laughing: :laughing:

1. Which UK truck manufacturer exported the most trucks in 1975 chaps ■■? Dont google it ! :unamused:

2.In the period 1966 to 1975 how many trucks did the above manufacturer export in total. (Nearest thousand will do ! ) :laughing:

1. Bedford
  2. 53,000

At a guess i would go for British Leyland :smiley:
Figures not a clue.

cookie1:

Punchy Dan:

Hi Dan that Iveco probably was Henton and the Transcon I think was owner driver Paul Merrick who was one of Mervyn Applebys ex drivers

Morning Dan and Jerry,
The Iveco was Dave Hentons and it originally pulled a fridge for Dave on Euro work, Italy and Spain I think.Looks like he is on his way to Stadco at Shrewsbury.
The Transcon Jerry I think you are correct in saying it was Metrics but I can only remember him on Castle Services along side Porky! Cheer’s Pete

L5821p.JPG

L5824p.JPG

Hi Dean,
The FL looks like one that operated out of the dairy at Minsterley, the old Ski Yoghurt factory, Trevor will know better!

L5810p.JPG

DEANB:
Foden looks like it could be ex EEC Quarries ?

Anyone recognise the Scania ?

I recon this scania is ex Sheertrucks.

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
The FL looks like one that operated out of the dairy at Minsterley, the old Ski Yoghurt factory, Trevor will know better!

The unit is painted in Coldtream’s livery which was the name Express Dairies used when it merged it’s two distribution divisions in 1989. The trailer would have been in the old livery whilst the unit has not been fitted with the Coldstream logos.

pete smith:

cookie1:

Punchy Dan:

Morning Dan and Jerry,
The Iveco was Dave Hentons and it originally pulled a fridge for Dave on Euro work, Italy and Spain I think.Looks like he is on his way to Stadco at Shrewsbury.
The Transcon Jerry I think you are correct in saying it was Metrics but I can only remember him on Castle Services along side Porky! Cheer’s Pete

Morning Jerry,
The Transcon was Paul Merricks, confirmed by the man himself, he sold it to Helmet after, Cheer’s Pete

Retired Old ■■■■:

kingswinford kit:

jshepguis:

South Wales haulier? Not since the days of Glyn’s dad! Glyn ran his fleet from the old Weston’s Biscuits depot at Lea Line then moved to the former Norman Cash’s Kilcot Garage, just over the border into God’s Own County. Photo was taken before livery was applied- unit dragged into service to load a trailer for the next day. Just a guess!

Hi ROF ,thanks for that ,was the Westons depot ,up past the the Crown on the left ? regards Keith