PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hi Dean the Foden Alpha 1 bulker is possibly an unpainted Joseph Holloway lorry although I’am not sure as the mudguards on the trailer don’t ring a bell .

rigsby:

Chris Webb:
Good photos of M62 building.
Aye,they called it “The all-weather motorway” and they were rayt,it got all the weather all right.
I’ve got over Woodhead at night when some of our other night lads got stuck ont 62.

Mind you,me arse were twitching. :laughing:

Bloody rotten lot you are . All those pics of the M62 making me feel decidedly ancient , I was carting tarmac to both locations . Windy Hill was not too bad , but across the top was freezing and wet , we dumped hundreds of tons when it had gone too cold to lay .

Hi “rigsby” I do hope that what you dump these days is still hot, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

rigsby:

Chris Webb:
Good photos of M62 building.
Aye,they called it “The all-weather motorway” and they were rayt,it got all the weather all right.
I’ve got over Woodhead at night when some of our other night lads got stuck ont 62.

Bloody rotten lot you are . All those pics of the M62 making me feel decidedly ancient , I was carting tarmac to both locations . Windy Hill was not too bad , but across the top was freezing and wet , we dumped hundreds of tons when it had gone too cold to lay .

Hi “rigsby” I do hope that what you dump these days is still hot, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

So far so good Larry , every morning I wake up and I’m ok for another day . I don’t reckon much to the cold weather but it will soon be spring ! I hope you are still on top form . Dave

Punchy Dan:
Hi Dean the Foden Alpha 1 bulker is possibly an unpainted Joseph Holloway lorry although I’am not sure as the mudguards on the trailer don’t ring a bell .

Morning Dean,
The Foden belonged to J+L from Tipton, it was one of two identical motors, I’m sure that trailer ended up at Appleby’s, Cheer’s Pete

P8050276p.JPG

jshepguis:
Kidds transport are from Lancaster Dean still going strong for around 65 years you can check their operations on their website.

jshepguis:

Joseph Ash Galvanising from Wallsall Dean.

Thanks for the comments on those 2 companies “jshepguis” :smiley:

windrush:
“HRS” while the Swede would have long ago been recycled into a washing machine or similar! :wink:
“But” Pete, What a quality washing machine that would have made :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Harvey :laughing: :laughing:

Possibly, and so many of them as well? :unamused: They could then be delivered to the stores by 20+ year old Fodens ! :laughing:

Pete.

Harvey dont feed the troll,they dont understand chap ! :smiley: :wink:

Pete , Volvo = 6 Foden = 0 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:
Blimey Dean, :sunglasses: that’s impressive. Sleeper cab and all. Mind you presuming a Leyland 0.600 lump knocking out 125bhp it’d have been hard work! Robert

Yeah thats a cracking brochure Robert ! :wink:

rigsby:
“Chris Webb”]Good photos of M62 building.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hope your keeping well “rigsby” :wink:

pete smith:
“Punchy Dan” Hi Dean the Foden Alpha 1 bulker is possibly an unpainted Joseph Holloway lorry although I’am not sure as the mudguards on the trailer don’t ring a bell .
Morning Dean,
The Foden belonged to J+L from Tipton, it was one of two identical motors, I’m sure that trailer ended up at Appleby’s, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for your input Dan. :wink: You still driving a Foden ?

Thanks for the name Pete. :smiley:

Yes Dean still being a lorryist :smiley:

Dan the man, Eh More like Dan the Foden Man, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Good for you Dan, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Dan the man, Eh More like Dan the Foden Man, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Good for you Dan, Regards Larry.

Hi Larry hope your well , the Foden has been suffering recently with the lift axle valves conflicting , however I’ve got some genuine Clayton dewandre air valve grease coming tomorrow to lube the piston seal up hopefully then it will be good again regards Dan .

Punchy Dan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Hi Larry hope your well , the Foden has been suffering recently with the lift axle valves conflicting , however I’ve got some genuine Clayton dewandre air valve grease coming tomorrow to lube the piston seal up hopefully then it will be good again regards Dan .

Lets hope that sorts it then Dan.Had a clipping about some of your “clan” but cant locate it on the computer ! :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Is this it Dean,our man of the press :laughing:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

smallcoal:
Is this it Dean,our man of the press :laughing:

Hello John, hope you are ok chap. Thanks for those but no, i had a clipping somewhere but cant find it ! :unamused: From memory it was
his uncle with a F88. :wink:

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice.

Unipower 1960.

Atkinson 1964.

1967 odds.

1967 BMC.

UBM Glass.

Anyone remember the film “The Long Haul” starring Diana Dors.

Owens Volvo.

P8160168p.JPG

Steve Davis Volvo.

P8150100p.JPG

Cymru Metals ERF.

P8170022p.JPG

Mansel Davis Volvo.

P8190065p.JPG

National Tube Stockhold Scania.

P8150110p.JPG

Anyone know where Walters Transport are from ■■

P8180287p.JPG

D.Evans & Son ERF tipper.Not sure if we have had one of these on before ?

P8190111p.JPG

PTM International Mercedes tanker.

P8200142p.JPG

Sykes Brothers DAF bulker. Dont think we have had one of these on before ?

P9300016p.JPG

Immaculate Scania. Anyone recognise it ■■?

P8190025p.JPG

“240Gardner” P&O Roadways ERF.

P9210013p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo tipper ■■

P8170001p.JPG

Pulleyn’s always had a smart fleet.

P8180129p.JPG

T.D.Williams DAF.

P8190102p.JPG

Taymix ERF who were from Pimperne,Blandford.

P9300013p.JPG

Michael Pidsley Volvo.

P8200161p.JPG

Ronnie Wood Volvo. No sure where they are from ■■

P8210046p.JPG

Harkers MAN. Anyone know where they are from ■■

P8160176p.JPG

Think it says CRW on the Scania.

P8160145p.JPG

Gregory DAF.

P8150025p.JPG

DEANB:
Owens Volvo.

Steve Davis Volvo.

Cymru Metals ERF.

Mansel Davis Volvo.

National Tube Stockhold Scania.

Anyone know where Walters Transport are from ■■

D.Evans & Son ERF tipper.Not sure if we have had one of these on before ?

PTM International Mercedes tanker.

Sykes Brothers DAF bulker. Dont think we have had one of these on before ?

Immaculate Scania. Anyone recognise it ■■?

Cant make my mind up if the immaculate Scania is ex Ken Thomas or Sparks.
Looks like its on Oirish plates.

Walters from pontlliw nr Pontardullias ,Cymru metal were from cross hands no longer with us

Hi Dean I’m ok at moment thanks mate

DEANB:
Anyone remember the film “The Long Haul” starring Diana Dors.

A great advert for the go anywhere do anything good all rounder nature of an 8 wheeler.Di Dors fitting in well with that description too. :smiley: :wink:

Dean Harkers are from Sunderland , they used to do most of the traffic out of Homeworthy Furniture in Sunderland, hence the demountable bodies. When on traction for MAT used to deliver plenty of loads of MDF to factory.

jshepguis:
Dean Harkers are from Sunderland , they used to do most of the traffic out of Homeworthy Furniture in Sunderland, hence the demountable bodies. When on traction for MAT used to deliver plenty of loads of MDF to factory.

Harkers do a lot of house removals. I used them myself when I moved about 6 years ago. At the time I was told they were doing a fair amount for the MOD bringing servicemen households back from Germany.

Tyneside