PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

“m.a.n. rules” , “900x20” and “robthedog” Thanks for your observations.

only a bit of joshing dean :laughing: … keep up the good work, and thank you :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, You mentioned Beverly Smyth in reply to comments from Chris, I recall not long ago, seeing dark green Smyth lorries
very often, don’t know whether they are from Ireland or Northern Ireland. are there any pictures of their lorries on Trucknet ?
My surname is Smyth, and my ancestry 2 generations back is on my paternal side from Newry in Co. Down, right on the border.
Having done just a few journeys to Northern Ireland, I noticed that my name is pronounced Smith, particularly in Co. Down
and Co. Antrim.
Cheers, Ray.

I dont know Ray are there any green Smyth lorries on Trucknet ■■ :laughing: :laughing: I reckon you need to use the search button chap ! :unamused: :laughing:

I will have a look and see if i have anything scanned on the computer chap. :wink:

m.a.n rules:
“m.a.n. rules” , “900x20” and “robthedog” Thanks for your observations.

only a bit of joshing dean :laughing: … keep up the good work, and thank you :wink:

We like a bit of “joshing” chap ! :laughing: :wink:

We have had a fair few Lyons Maid trucks on here.

AM31.JPG

AZ0036.JPG

A00418.JPG

Lyons Volvo.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Viridor Foden and Scania.

P1001829b.JPG

Anyone recognise the MAN ■■?

DCP_1230p.JPG

Cleanaway Volvo.

P1001963p.JPG

TNT MAN.

P1002009p.JPG

Cool chain Scania.

P1002100p.JPG

Walton Mercedes.

P1002384p.JPG

Think its a Wincanton DAF ■■?

P1002499p.JPG

Anyone recognise the MAN / Fridge ■■?

DCP_1165p.JPG

Nationwide ■■ Volvo

P3300032p.JPG

Fowler Welch MAN.

P5300126p.JPG

Harrison & Jones Fodens with special build bodies.

A02115.JPG

A02356.JPG

harrison jones fod ppg.PNG

Some clippings.

P.I.E. Volvo F89.

clip pie volvo ppg.PNG

H.Bradley ERF from Sheffield.

clip bradley batchelors erf ppg.PNG

CAM Transport FIAT.

clip cam fiat ppg.PNG

Anderton & Kitchen Maggie from Leyland.

clip anderson lancs maggie ppg.PNG

G.V.Ivinson MAN from Carlisle.

clip ivinson carlisle man ppg.PNG

C.R.S.Volvo F6.

Saints Mercedes. Yard near Heathrow from memory by the side of M25.

Pegaso Troner of GB Express heading to Poole docks.

Dont think we have had a Taunton Cider on before.

R.L.Graham MAN. Anyone know anything about these ■■?

Tankfreight ERF.

Patten Bros Volvo FL10 bulker. Used to see them about alot,but think they must have packed up as havent seen one for a long time.
Anyone remember where they were based ■■

Think it says Horris Transport from Glasgow on the DAF.

Anyone recognise the ERF,looks like a fleet number on the front ■■

Tidy Foden of Hardstaffs Haulage. Dont think we have had them on before, anyone know anything ■■

Just checked Dean and it says Patten Bros are still active and they are from Ilminster, Buzzer

DEANB:
Now then Mr Docwra, you havent been paying attention ■■? :laughing: I seem to remember you liked the Irish hauliers ■■ Page 376 :unamused: :wink: :

Hi Dean, Thanks for the pointer, I can’t say I have ever seen the Derry Brothers Japtrap.
I had to smile that a driver back then was discussing how poor the bunk was, How did he have time to test it :laughing: :laughing:

Dave…

Hardstaffs (T Baden Hardstaff) were an old established haulier base at one time in East Leake, although I think they moved later? They did a lot for British Gypsum but also had a lot of artic tippers in Aggregate Industries livery running from Agg Industries gravel pit near Uttoxeter. They briefly had two artics in Ballidon quarry hauling tarmac but it took almost an hour to load each one from our ancient plant and then ages to get them tipped so they didn’t reign there long! They were also Foden agents and a MOT centre and several local companies used them for annual testing etc, they finished a few years ago I believe.

Pete.

The ERF E14 fleet number 75, could be owned & operated by Reed Transport.

Dave…

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, You mentioned Beverly Smyth in reply to comments from Chris, I recall not long ago, seeing dark green Smyth lorries
very often, don’t know whether they are from Ireland or Northern Ireland. are there any pictures of their lorries on Trucknet ?
My surname is Smyth, and my ancestry 2 generations back is on my paternal side from Newry in Co. Down, right on the border.
Having done just a few journeys to Northern Ireland, I noticed that my name is pronounced Smith, particularly in Co. Down
and Co. Antrim.
Cheers, Ray.

hi Ray the smyth transport green lorries are probably ,smyth of roslea co Fermanagh , it is right on the north side of the border , and the name smyth is usually pronounced same as smith in Ireland .

dave docwra:

Dave…

Hi Dave, The ERF is Reed Transport, I recognise their style of fleet numbering, and also a Maidstone, Kent number plate. Cheers, Ray.

DEANB:
Harrison & Jones Fodens with special build bodies.

Some clippings.

P.I.E. Volvo F89.

H.Bradley ERF from Sheffield.

CAM Transport FIAT.

Anderton & Kitchen Maggie from Leyland.

G.V.Ivinson MAN from Carlisle.

Hi Dean, The yellow DAF is Morris Furniture from Glasgow, My dining room table and chairs are from Morris, Until recently,
one of their lorries were seen regularly at a large local furniture shop called Abbott & Smith, on Ormskirk Road, Wigan.
The Abbott & Smith shop is now a bedroom furniture store. Cheers, Ray.

hardstaff haulage from burton upon trent used to see them alot in barton under needwood quarry but they have finished now.

DEANB:
Viridor Foden and Scania.

Cleanaway Volvo.

TNT MAN.

Cool chain Scania.

Walton Mercedes.

Think its a Wincanton DAF ■■?

Anyone recognise the MAN / Fridge ■■?

Nationwide ■■ Volvo

Fowler Welch MAN.

The MAN hook loader is the same colour scheme as MGL group Newcastle. They incorporate MGL demolition and North Tyne Road Stone amongst others. Could have been bought off them secondhand.

DEANB:
Some of you on here may remember the Leyland 2 tonner.

I cant remember ever seeing one even when i was a kid. I can remember all of the old BMC,Commer,Leyland FG,
Bedfords etc,but i cant remember the 2 tonner ! :unamused:

Carl Williams mentioned to me that they were not that reliable,so i wonder if they were phased out fairly quickly,anyone know ■■?
They were exported around the world.

First introduced by Leyland in 1962.

Click on pages twice to read.

Brochure.

The Standard Triumph in Coventry and Speak, had some of these in artic form , for carrying car bodies

DEANB:
Some Welsh and border trucks.

MB Transport Mercedes.

H & N Bounds Volvo.

Think this is a new one. Albert Davies Foden from Shrewsbury.

Anyone recognise the Foden. Looks like something James on the front ■■?

Cawley Bros MAN.

Always liked the fleet of Trevor Pye.

Jerry Jones MAN.

L.E.Jones Scania.

Owens Volvo.

Hello DEAN ,yes Albert Davies from Acton Burnell the other side Shrewsbury towards Much Wenlock ,has been going for years now and parks up much of his motors at Bulkrites premises at Dorrington ,thank you Trevor

Buzzer:
Just checked Dean and it says Patten Bros are still active and they are from Ilminster, Buzzer

Cheers Buzzer,cant remember seeing one for a while now. :wink:

dave docwra:

DEANB:
Now then Mr Docwra, you havent been paying attention ■■? :laughing: I seem to remember you liked the Irish hauliers ■■ Page 376 :unamused: :wink: :

Hi Dean, Thanks for the pointer, I can’t say I have ever seen the Derry Brothers Japtrap.
I had to smile that a driver back then was discussing how poor the bunk was, How did he have time to test it :laughing: :laughing:

Dave…

Yeah looked a right shed Dave i reckon he must have upset the boss ! :laughing:

windrush:
Hardstaffs (T Baden Hardstaff) were an old established haulier base at one time in East Leake, although I think they moved later? They did a lot for British Gypsum but also had a lot of artic tippers in Aggregate Industries livery running from Agg Industries gravel pit near Uttoxeter. They briefly had two artics in Ballidon quarry hauling tarmac but it took almost an hour to load each one from our ancient plant and then ages to get them tipped so they didn’t reign there long! They were also Foden agents and a MOT centre and several local companies used them for annual testing etc, they finished a few years ago I believe.

Pete.

Very good Pete,thanks for the info chap ! We havent had any Tilcon for a while will have to see if we have anything. :smiley: :wink:

dave docwra:

Dave…

Reckon you are right Dave,looking at the fleet number on this one. :wink:

A01597.JPG

Ray Smyth:
“dave docwra”]The ERF E14 fleet number 75, could be owned & operated by Reed Transport.

Dave…

Hi Dave, The ERF is Reed Transport, I recognise their style of fleet numbering, and also a Maidstone, Kent number plate. Cheers, Ray.

Thanks for confirming its Reed’s Ray. :wink:

chipliner:
“Ray Smyth”]Hi Dean, You mentioned Beverly Smyth in reply to comments from Chris, I recall not long ago, seeing dark green Smyth lorries
and Co. Antrim.
Cheers, Ray.
hi Ray the smyth transport green lorries are probably ,smyth of roslea co Fermanagh , it is right on the north side of the border , and the name smyth is usually pronounced same as smith in Ireland .

Thanks for the info Ray / “chipliner” good stuff. :smiley: :wink:

Heres one. NMP.

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, The yellow DAF is Morris Furniture from Glasgow, My dining room table and chairs are from Morris, Until recently,
one of their lorries were seen regularly at a large local furniture shop called Abbott & Smith, on Ormskirk Road, Wigan.
The Abbott & Smith shop is now a bedroom furniture store. Cheers, Ray.

Thanks for confirming that Ray. :smiley:

ergomatic man:
hardstaff haulage from burton upon trent used to see them alot in barton under needwood quarry but they have finished now.

Thanks for the comment “ergomatic man” :smiley:

tyneside:
“DEANB”

The MAN hook loader is the same colour scheme as MGL group Newcastle. They incorporate MGL demolition and North Tyne Road Stone amongst others. Could have been bought off them secondhand.

Impressed you spotted that one “tyneside” :laughing:

Dieseldog66:
The Standard Triumph in Coventry and Speak, had some of these in artic form , for carrying car bodies

Thanks for the comment “Dieseldog66” :open_mouth: I have never seen one in artic form chap ? You sure its not another model as they did
not have much of a payload. :unamused: