PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

P4250117p.JPG

Rolf 11 car UK special. Good equipment until the cars became taller. You could just squeeze 11 mk3 Mondeo’s on, but 11 focus were too high.
Bought this ex Richard Lawson one around 2005/6. Good equipment, although the Renault was a bit underpowered.

[attachment=0]truck 006.JPG[/attachment
Giving it a breather, top of Woodhead.

truck 006.JPG

Morning Dean,
The blue Scania curtain is one of Robert Hopkins from West Bromwich and the orange Scania is one of B.S Eaton’s from Cheslyn Hay Nr Cannock, Cheer’s Pete

P8050035p.JPG

P8050002p.JPG

Lawrence Dunbar:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean,can’t make out the logo on the door but it has a Peterborough reg plate if that helps and is in Wincanton livery.They ran dozens of those ERFs :smiley:

Hi Chris, The reg is Huntingdon, If you dont mind me saying so, Regards Larry.

Morning Larry.
Me book says Huntingdon CC 1903-1965,Huntingdon and Peterborough 1965-1974 and finally Peterborough 1974 onwards.

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean,can’t make out the logo on the door but it has a Peterborough reg plate if that helps and is in Wincanton livery.They ran dozens of those ERFs :smiley:

Cheers Chris. :wink:

pv83:
Not sure if it’s a subbie for Giraud, but going by the TP plate on the bumper, I would say it’s a Portuguese tractor unit Dean. Nice and tidy looking F12 by the way :wink:

They were a great looking motor Patrick. :wink:

toxic gas man:
Hi Paul the Volvo is Helsby and Longdon from Cheshire area.Ted.

Thanks for the name Ted. :smiley:

colinwallace1:
Rolf 11 car UK special. Good equipment until the cars became taller. You could just squeeze 11 mk3 Mondeo’s on, but 11 focus were too high.
Bought this ex Richard Lawson one around 2005/6. Good equipment, although the Renault was a bit underpowered.

Giving it a breather, top of Woodhead.

Good stuff Colin,thank for the pic. Unbelievable that you could get 11 cars on that outfit. :smiley: :wink:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The blue Scania curtain is one of Robert Hopkins from West Bromwich and the orange Scania is one of B.S Eaton’s from Cheslyn Hay Nr Cannock, Cheer’s Pete

Cheers Pete,good man i looked at the door of the Eatons Scania,thought it said something else. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Chris Webb:
“Lawrence Dunbar”“Chris Webb”]Morning Dean,can’t make out the logo on the door but it has a Peterborough reg plate if that helps and is in Wincanton livery.They ran dozens of those ERFs :smiley:
Hi Chris, The reg is Huntingdon, If you dont mind me saying so, Regards Larry.

Morning Larry.
Me book says Huntingdon CC 1903-1965,Huntingdon and Peterborough 1965-1974 and finally Peterborough 1974 onwards.

Thanks for your input Larry and Chris. :wink:

kenfig bill:
Mansel Davies Volvo.
David Jenkins Transport DAF.

Hello Dean ,…always good to see Mansel Davies …had last weekend down in Aberaeron and every 15 mins one was going through in both directions …all tank work it seemed .
Also the equally smart fleet of D Jenkins from Lampeter…has Paul managed to bag one yet ? …lol Geraint

Hello Geraint, thanks for your comments. Out of intrest have Mansel Davies finally pensioned off their Volvo F7’s
that i used to see whenever i was up that way.

D.Jenkins Volvo’s. :wink:

Mike Ponsonby:
hi dean
would you have any pics in your collection of Richardsons (oldbury & rugeley)
mainly atkinson back in the day and erf & volvo towards the end
they were also in celcon blocks livery aswell along with W T Allen and fred sherwood
just a thought thank you all
Mike P

Not sure if this is the right Richardson’s Mike you were asking about. :unamused: :wink:

P8050033p.JPG

Dai jones:
Dean.p.m your email address please and il send you some more photos of Clwyd Ellis. I’m not brainy enough to download pics on this site!

Forgot about this Dai,sent you a pm mate. :wink:

Richardsons.JPG

That is Richardsons transport from Middlesbrough Dean, so think different company.

Posted this pic of a EEC Quarries Volvo F86 ages ago. Posted a Volvo F86 brochure back on page 266 for anyone
who want’s to see one. :wink:

2017-07-19 21.02.58.jpg

Click on pages twice to read.

Volvo F86 spec sheets.

Something Hire on the Volvo ■■

P8030069p.JPG

Express Dairies Mercedes.

P8030073p.JPG

Quality kebab DAF.

P8040084p.JPG

Volvo of Alan Walter from Taunton.

P8040085p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo tipper ■■?

P8050030p.JPG

Looks like Freighter or something silmilar on door of Volvo ■■?

P8050057p.JPG

Geoff Bell DAF.

P8050063p.JPG

I think the ERF is TDG ■■

P8050042p.JPG

James Irlam & Sons DAF.

P8050085p.JPG

Ashwood of Hamilton Scania.

P8050146p.JPG

I was chatting with Paul last night and we were discussing how the Welsh have got some fine looking motors
and its nice to see some in traditional colour schemes rather than the dreaded white !

He’s spoiling you Welsh boys !

Trevor some from your part of the world,and did you say a while back you were looking for a particular company ■■?

I reckon this is a cracking shot !

C.A.Weaver,s smart Volvo FL10 bulker from Craven Arms.

W.L.R. Gwilt ERF bulker. Anyone know where they were based,i dont think we have had one on before ?

S.M.Davies Volvo.

T.Alun Jones Volvo. Alway runs tidy motors.

Gammonds Iveco from Hereford.

J.C.Davies Scania hauling logs.

Glyn Robert’s Scania tipper. Not sure if we have had one of these on before.

Alan Price Volvo.

“smallcoal” One for you John, Chapman of Cardiff.

“Mantronic” Another one of those German ERF’s. :laughing:

P8170012p.JPG

The Volvo FM is Freightliner Dean,not sure if I’ve seen them in that strange livery though?
And the ERF is TDG, Linkman I think it was called?

Hi Dean,
The Volvo tipper is one of J.P.E’s from Essington near Cannock and Gwilts from Baschurch I think or could have been Ruyton X1 towns between Oswestry and Shrewsbury, Trevor will be your man!

P8050030p.JPG

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
The Volvo tipper is one of J.P.E’s from Essington near Cannock and Gwilts from Baschurch I think or could have been Ruyton X1 towns between Oswestry and Shrewsbury, Trevor will be your man!

Pete,I remember another company from Ruyton X1 Towns called Pentons,are they still going?

With regards to the Freightliner vehicle remember they used to be red and white, then when taken back from British Rail and privatised around 1995 they rebranded all the trains and vehicles in the new green and yellow livery around 1998.

jshepguis:
With regards to the Freightliner vehicle remember they used to be red and white, then when taken back from British Rail and privatised around 1995 they rebranded all the trains and vehicles in the new green and yellow livery around 1998.

Thanks for that info jshep,I only remember them in that original livery. :slight_smile:

Chris Webb:

jshepguis:

Thanks for that info jshep,I only remember them in that original livery. :slight_smile:

Whatever happened to ACT were they taken over by Freightliner or did they go under. They had a place at Stpurton Leeds

DEANB:
I was chatting with Paul last night and we were discussing how the Welsh have got some fine looking motors
and its nice to see some in traditional colour schemes rather than the dreaded white !

Trevor some from your part of the world,and did you say a while back you were looking for a particular company ■■?

I reckon this is a cracking shot !

W.L.R. Gwilt ERF bulker. Anyone know where they were based,i dont think we have had one on before ?

S.M.Davies Volvo.

Gammonds Iveco from Hereford.

J.C.Davies Scania hauling logs.

Glyn Robert’s Scania tipper. Not sure if we have had one of these on before.

Alan Price Volvo.

“smallcoal” One for you John, Chapman of Cardiff.

“Mantronic” Another one of those German ERF’s. :laughing:

Hello DEAN ,my word yes you are spoiling us ! Weavers from Craven Arms looks to be loaded with wood chip from Ransfords sawmills in Bishops Castle ,up until a couple of years ago they still had a F7 8 bulker still on the road ,i believe it may be in preservation ,before the Volvos he ran AEC Marshalls .
Yes Pete is right Willie Gwilt were from Baschurch ,but not sure if they are still in business ,i can remember them with S type Bedford laden with sacks of cattle feed hauled back from Birkenhead docks !
Good to see S M Davies and T Alun Jones both from Welshpool ,yes Dean some very smart fleets from Mid Wales and Shropshire ,and on that note im sure Pete Smith will agree with me ,is that Paul should perhaps spend a couple of days up here in Shropshire ,we still have some very big fleets and he wont be disappointed ,thank you dean ,Trevor

Good morning Dean,
Everyone on this forum will at some time in there lives driven a truck that just seems “Right” and will look back and say “yes” I remember one, and will have a storey about it.
In my opinion, this eight legger with the twin splitter box behind the Perkins eagle motor was one, It felt right and you never lost confidence under any circumstanses.
I wonder how many youngsters would agree with me, eh !! I dont know this truck, only the spec, great shot Dean, thanks. Harvey

jshepguis:
That is Richardsons transport from Middlesbrough Dean, so think different company.

:laughing: :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,

Thanks for the info Pete,good stuff chap. :wink:

Chris Webb:

jshepguis:

Thanks Chris and “jshepguis” for the info on Freightliner. I agree Chris i only remember them in there old
colours ! :unamused: :wink:

Click on page twice.

ramone:

Chris Webb:

jshepguis:

Whatever happened to ACT were they taken over by Freightliner or did they go under. They had a place at Stpurton Leeds

Some one may know Ramone. :question:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

S.M.Davies Volvo.

Hello DEAN ,my word yes you are spoiling us ! Weavers from Craven Arms looks to be loaded with wood chip from Ransfords sawmills in Bishops Castle ,up until a couple of years ago they still had a F7 8 bulker still on the road ,i believe it may be in preservation ,before the Volvos he ran AEC Marshalls .
Yes Pete is right Willie Gwilt were from Baschurch ,but not sure if they are still in business ,i can remember them with S type Bedford laden with sacks of cattle feed hauled back from Birkenhead docks !
Good to see S M Davies and T Alun Jones both from Welshpool ,yes Dean some very smart fleets from Mid Wales and Shropshire ,and on that note im sure Pete Smith will agree with me ,is that Paul should perhaps spend a couple of days up here in Shropshire ,we still have some very big fleets and he wont be disappointed ,thank you dean ,Trevor

Spoke to Paul and asked him to to a trip your way Trevor ,he tells me has a fair few pics from around
Craven Arms ,Church Stretton area. Thanks for your comments. :wink:

HRS:
Good morning Dean,
Everyone on this forum will at some time in there lives driven a truck that just seems “Right” and will look back and say “yes” I remember one, and will have a storey about it.
In my opinion, this eight legger with the twin splitter box behind the Perkins eagle motor was one, It felt right and you never lost confidence under any circumstanses.
I wonder how many youngsters would agree with me, eh !! I dont know this truck, only the spec, great shot Dean, thanks. Harvey

Cheers Harvey. :wink: