PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Uniglass ERF.

P8160129p.JPG

Scania 113.

P8160119p.JPG

Anyone recognise the blue Volvo,looks like a steel trailer ■■?

P8160117p.JPG

Tesco Volvo.

P8150018p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo car transporter ■■

P8150100p.JPG

M & D Iveco.

P8150125p.JPG

Stiller Volvo.

P8160025p.JPG

Kenny Renault.

P8160097p.JPG

Alan Counsell Foden.Anyone know where this motor was from ■■

P8160098p.JPG

Wincanton ERF tanker.

P8160114p.JPG

Welco Feeds tidy Foden.

Crossley Volvo F86.

Bass Volvo F7.

Crosfield Cracking Catalysts ERF. Not had one of these on here before.

Anyone recognise the Volvo F88 ■■?

Cant see either name on these two. Dont know if its a company or owner driver in the Merc .Someone may recognise the colour
scheme on the Seddon Atkinson ■■

Robsons of Carlisle DAF.

Cant make the name out on the ERF ■■? Cracking looking early transit behind and a mighty Bedford TK about to blow the doors of
them both ! :laughing:

Texaco Leyland. Think its a Bison ■■?

Guy ELF tanker.

Hi paul also councell tippers from newport excellent hauliers I use them often and the hicks lorry another firm regards rowly

I spelt that wrong I ment alan councell

Hi Dean,
Great pictures,the Hicks’ Scania is from caldicot based Hicks Transport,not Hicks (blue and white)of Newport.The Caldicot Hicks has just sold out to Evans Transport of Bideford.
Regards Andrew.

Hi dean,a gough has some new eight wheel tippers in Hanson colours seen one in Newport ,Dave Jenkins ex blue line driver started his own firm didn’t last long due to financial trouble he back to driving coaches now

Dean, the red ERF “about to have it’s doors blown off” looks to be one of Emerson’s from Ellistown. Still going today. Coomsey will know.
Cheers. Colin.

colinwallace1:
Dean, the red ERF “about to have it’s doors blown off” looks to be one of Emerson’s from Ellistown. Still going today. Coomsey will know.
Cheers. Colin.

One of Emmos for sure Colin. Would still have been at the Belton yard, you had to back into the yard then perform in it to park up,tight wasn’t the word, not for the faint hearted. Cheers Coomsey

DEANB:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.

I will hazard a guess and say this Merc is one of Cory Distribution,just going by the livery. :question:

Reckon you could be right Chris. :smiley:

ramone:
Was the road test Buffalo fitted with the headless wonder?

“ramone” It posted pretty quick times. :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

D.H.Jones Hino.

Trevor one from your part of the world. Corbett Transport Mercedes bulker.

yes DEAN ,Corbetts were from Much Wenlock ,mostly tippers that worked out of the limestone quarries on nearby Wenlock edge .
Lovely to see the Hinos of D H Jones from Ruabon ,now there were on my doorstep ,they did a lot of coal out of South Wales ,and were also Hino agents ,thank you DEAN ,Trevor

Thanks for your comments Trevor. Heres a different one of a Jones Hino. I cant remember if Hino’s were that popular ? Do you know how
many of them they operated Trevor ? Out of intrest were they a dealer/garage for Hino as you sometimes find that a company that operates
less popular truck also are dealers ? :unamused: :smiley: :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

Now then Chris i bet your old school report’s said you “Must pay more attention” as not only did you not notice the reg, but you also did not
notice the article you are talking about that i posted on page 361 chap ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think they said things like, “must try to stay awake in class”…

That’s what comes of trying to catch up on a fortnight’s backlog!

:laughing: :laughing: Nice holiday chap… :wink:

Mark R:
Why bother with a signwriter when you could use a roll of black tape!.. Great photo though.

:wink:

Punchy Dan:
^^^^ I think the above would be the late Phillip Gregory from Bonsall Derbys , a very hard working owner driver been to the Middle East ect done Moscow and all of Europe .after the Merc he had V8 turbo stars with a tilt trailer .

i bet you could listen to him all day Dan, he must have some cracking stories to tell. :smiley: :wink:

Hi Dean and Trevor ,D H Jones hauled a lot of scrap down to S Wales backloading from Tower Colliery at Hirwaen . Those Hinos were rust buckets ,but boy they would fly ,none of the S Wales boys could catch em , up the beacons! .great pics as usual Dean ,regards Keith .

The dark blue Scania is one of G.Owen & Sons of Newton gowenandsons.co.uk/haulage

kingswinford kit:
Hi Dean and Trevor ,D H Jones hauled a lot of scrap down to S Wales backloading from Tower Colliery at Hirwaen . Those Hinos were rust buckets ,but boy they would fly ,none of the S Wales boys could catch em , up the beacons! .great pics as usual Dean ,regards Keith .

That just ignited the bit of my memory banks that are still ticking over! When I worked at BRS in Mitcheldean I was asked if I wanted to work on Sunday. Always up for a drop more beer money, I agreed. Turned up at the yard on Sunday morning, grabbed my notes and fired up the old faithful Mercury with bulk trailer. Looked at the paperwork and found I was loading coal at Tower. When I pulled onto their weighbridge one of the chaps said, “You’re a bit early, bach- we don’t load on Sundays!” A nice steady trip back home for a total of 8 hours @ double bubble. Plus a night out, of course! And back down first crack the next morning.

rward:
Hi paul also councell tippers from newport excellent hauliers I use them often and the hicks lorry another firm regards rowly

Thanks for the comment Rowly ! :wink:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Great pictures,the Hicks’ Scania is from caldicot based Hicks Transport,not Hicks (blue and white)of Newport.The Caldicot Hicks has just sold out to Evans Transport of Bideford.
Regards Andrew.

Thanks for the info Andrew,that Evans runs some tidy motors see them up my way fairly often. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,a gough has some new eight wheel tippers in Hanson colours seen one in Newport ,Dave Jenkins ex blue line driver started his own firm didn’t last long due to financial trouble he back to driving coaches now

Thanks for the comments John. :wink:

colinwallace1:
Cheers. Colin.

Cheers Colin, well spotted chap. :smiley: Alway’s nice to see a mighty Bedford with the hammer down !!! :laughing: :laughing:

coomsey:
“colinwallace1” Dean, the red ERF “about to have it’s doors blown off” looks to be one of Emerson’s from Ellistown. Still going today. Coomsey will know.
Cheers. Colin.
One of Emmos for sure Colin. Would still have been at the Belton yard, you had to back into the yard then perform in it to park up,tight wasn’t the word, not for the faint hearted. Cheers Coomsey

Thanks for confirming Coomsey. :laughing:

kingswinford kit:
“tastrucker”“DEANB”

D.H.Jones Hino.

Trevor one from your part of the world. Corbett Transport Mercedes bulker.

yes DEAN ,Corbetts were from Much Wenlock ,mostly tippers that worked out of the limestone quarries on nearby Wenlock edge .
Lovely to see the Hinos of D H Jones from Ruabon ,now there were on my doorstep ,they did a lot of coal out of South Wales ,and were also Hino agents ,thank you DEAN ,Trevor

Thanks for your comments Trevor. Heres a different one of a Jones Hino. I cant remember if Hino’s were that popular ? Do you know how
many of them they operated Trevor ? Out of intrest were they a dealer/garage for Hino as you sometimes find that a company that operates
less popular truck also are dealers ? :unamused: :smiley: :wink:

Thanks Trevor and Keith for your comments on those Hino’s ! :smiley: :wink:

graham-A:
The dark blue Scania is one of G.Owen & Sons of Newton gowenandsons.co.uk/haulage

Thanks for confirming who owns the Scania Graham. :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:
“kingswinford kit”
That just ignited the bit of my memory banks that are still ticking over! When I worked at BRS in Mitcheldean I was asked if I wanted to work on Sunday. Always up for a drop more beer money, I agreed. Turned up at the yard on Sunday morning, grabbed my notes and fired up the old faithful Mercury with bulk trailer. Looked at the paperwork and found I was loading coal at Tower. When I pulled onto their weighbridge one of the chaps said, “You’re a bit early, bach- we don’t load on Sundays!” A nice steady trip back home for a total of 8 hours @ double bubble. Plus a night out, of course! And back down first crack the next morning.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Charles Russell Scania.

P4220027p.JPG

Anyone recognise the MAN ■■?

P4220080p.JPG

O’Niells DAF

P4250085p.JPG

Walon Iveco.Looks like it would have been close to that bridge with the vans on top.

P4250117p.JPG

W & S Recycling Volvo.

P7040006p.JPG

Anyone recognise the reg on the ERF ■■

P7040018p.JPG

G.Crook & Sons Volvo.

P7040036p.JPG

Joda Volvo. I had a Cavalier like that,good car in its day.

P8030041p.JPG

Pilkington Glass Scania.

P8030074p.JPG

Something ■■ Landon on the Volvo.

P8050013p.JPG

R.H.P. Telford Scania.

P8040087p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Scania ■■?

P8050002p.JPG

Currie European Iveco.

P8050004p.JPG

Norpak Scania.

P8050007ap.JPG

Euro Packaging Volvo.

P8050018p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Scania,similar colours to Eaton brick trucks but looks like a different name on door ■■

P8050035p.JPG

MCD DAF

P8050049p.JPG

George Green Scania.

P8050050p.JPG

Foreign Volvo still looks very tidy as pic was taken 2003 so that would have been over 10 years old.

P8050061p.JPG

Johnson’s smart Scania. Nice colour scheme.

P8050130p.JPG

Morning Dean,can’t make out the logo on the door but it has a Peterborough reg plate if that helps and is in Wincanton livery.They ran dozens of those ERFs :smiley:

erf7.JPG

Not sure if it’s a subbie for Giraud, but going by the TP plate on the bumper, I would say it’s a Portuguese tractor unit Dean. Nice and tidy looking F12 by the way :wink:

P8050061p.JPG.jpg

Hi Paul the Volvo is Helsby and Longdon from Cheshire area.Ted.

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

Alan Price Volvo.

Owens Renault. Painted in customers colours ■■?

Mansel Davies Volvo.

Anyone recognise the Welsh Scania ■■?

A.E.Gough Scania in a different colour scheme to normal ?

Punchy Dan ,how about this beauty.

W.A.Humphreys DAF.

South Wales Wood Recycling Volvo.

David Jenkins Transport DAF.

Hicks Scania. Not the usual colour ?

Hello Dean ,…always good to see Mansel Davies …had last weekend down in Aberaeron and every 15 mins one was going through in both directions …all tank work it seemed .
Also the equally smart fleet of D Jenkins from Lampeter…has Paul managed to bag one yet ? …lol Geraint

toxic gas man:
Hi Paul the Volvo is Helsby and Longdon from Cheshire area.Ted.

I remember them Ted,they did a lot of drummed work for Shell Chemicals Stanlow. I think they are still in business. :slight_smile:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean,can’t make out the logo on the door but it has a Peterborough reg plate if that helps and is in Wincanton livery.They ran dozens of those ERFs :smiley:

Hi Chris, The reg is Huntingdon, If you dont mind me saying so, Regards Larry.