PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

old 67:

Always something new on here. Did the Scammell with the LAD cab sell in any great numbers ? I don’t think I ever saw one.
If the "blurb " is correct about them being quiet because the engine is out the back and it seams to be saying it had cross cab access, it would have been a ■■■■ sight better than my LAD cabbed Albion Chieftain !! :laughing: :laughing:
Regards. John.

I think you may be right John, i cant say i have seen that many pics of them. :wink:

windrush:
The Scammell/LAD had a Gardner 150 6HLX mounted horozontally ‘bus fashion’ behind the cab. Not many were produced, Shell had one for certain.

Pete.

Thanks for the comments Pete. :wink:

From the clutches of Pinterest.
Oily

scammell  LAD cab - Google Search.jpg

oiltreader:
From the clutches of Pinterest.
Oily

:wink:

Thornycroft advert from 1962.

Anyone remember Steel Barrel tankers.

GUY trucks 1960.

Taskers Trailers 1966.

Atkinson Trucks 1962.

Edbro Tippers.

The fella driving the Seddon Atkinson had a lucky escape,could have easily killed someone ! :open_mouth: :unamused:

Some Welsh motors.

CYMRU Metals ERF taken in 2005.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

A couple of Smith’s Scanias at Southampton.

T.Alun Jones Scania.

RDH Scania.

Rhys Davies Volvo.

Owens MAN.

Karl Jones & Sons “750” Volvo.

P1100158p.JPG

E.Thomas Scania.

S.M.Davies DAF.

R & A Millett Shops draw bar Seddon Atkinson 400.

Click on pages once/twice.

citizen seddon 79 ppg.PNG

citizen seddon1 ppg.PNG

Molo Foden is the same truck on the rhs in the colour advert.

molo 75.PNG

Ivanoff Ford Transcontinental.

A02173.JPG

ivanoff ford.PNG

M.J.Swallow Volvo F10.

2017-07-09 12.57.38.jpg

swallow volvo.PNG

Looks like a Seddon Atkinson 401 demonstrator in those colours.

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

Goodyear Seddon Atkinson 400 with “windrush” in his Tilcon Foden going the other way. :laughing:

Cordon Bleu Scania.

Clarendon Volvo F86.

Dale Farm DAF.

Looks like something Kelley on the Bedford headboard.

British Telecom ERF.

Smith & Robinson ERF tanker.

Cant make the name out on the ERF,anyone recognise the colour scheme ■■?

Hi Dean.
The ERF is one of Hipwood and Grundy’s from Farnworth Lancs.They had two with the Jennings sleeper,both with 240 Gardner. :smiley:

Sorry Dean, but not me in that Tilcon Foden! I never had one that old. :laughing:

Pete.

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
The ERF is one of Hipwood and Grundy’s from Farnworth Lancs.They had two with the Jennings sleeper,both with 240 Gardner. :smiley:

Taken not long before they folded. Hipwood & Grundy was a sizable company in its day, famous for its elderly Leyland Octopus tankers that were going on for 20 years old when they closed down.

gingerfold:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Taken not long before they folded. Hipwood & Grundy was a sizable company in its day, famous for its elderly Leyland Octopus tankers that were going on for 20 years old when they closed down.

I remember those old Leylands running about Graham,usually out of BTP and LTD Cadishead early 70s.They went well with those old wagons of Horrocks as well. :laughing:

Chris Webb:

gingerfold:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

I remember those old Leylands running about Graham,usually out of BTP and LTD Cadishead early 70s.They went well with those old wagons of Horrocks as well. :laughing:

Hi Chris, yes Horrocks got his money’s worth out of his old Foden tar tankers. I was talking to one of Hipwoods Octopus drivers about 6 years ago and he was adamant that in 1979 with an Octopus that was 19 years old he was still regularly going to Milford Haven, Fawley, Grangemouth and Thameshaven refineries. Goodness knows what one of today’s generation of drivers would have made of one of those Octopuses. I had to send one of my night drivers to Newmarket on Monday night with a 12 plate DAF CF which is usually my yard shunter; he had a sulk and a face like a smacked arse when I told him what he was taking because his usual much newer unit was in for service. However the 12 plate didn’t do so bad; he grudgingly admitted it was 10 minutes quicker coming back to Manchester than his usual unit. The CF had 26 pallets of frozen NZ lamb behind it, so fully freighted. :astonished: :astonished:

gingerfold:

Chris Webb:

gingerfold:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Hi Chris, yes Horrocks got his money’s worth out of his old Foden tar tankers. I was talking to one of Hipwoods Octopus drivers about 6 years ago and he was adamant that in 1979 with an Octopus that was 19 years old he was still regularly going to Milford Haven, Fawley, Grangemouth and Thameshaven refineries. Goodness knows what one of today’s generation of drivers would have made of one of those Octopuses. I had to send one of my night drivers to Newmarket on Monday night with a 12 plate DAF CF which is usually my yard shunter; he had a sulk and a face like a smacked arse when I told him what he was taking because his usual much newer unit was in for service. However the 12 plate didn’t do so bad; he grudgingly admitted it was 10 minutes quicker coming back to Manchester than his usual unit. The CF had 26 pallets of frozen NZ lamb behind it, so fully freighted. :astonished: :astonished:

:smiley: Aye Graham,we got some strange looks at Evans when running those MK3 AECs into early 70s.If you got a MK5 it was a real step up the ladder.
I remember a driver on nights at MFS having a tantrum cos his Scania 81 unit was on service and he had to take a Seddon Atki 400 with 180 and DB box on a Carlisle changeover.He tried his utmost to get somebody elses 81 and eventually got one returning late off day shift,but our TSM radioed me and told me to remove the 2 amp fuse at back of radio on parcel shelf " So he can whine to hisen to Carlisle and back". :grimacing:
Manchester - Newmarket - Manchester on nights is a nice run,I would have loved that. :smiley:

The day-cab ERF with the twin air-intake stacks pulling the sheeted flat you enquired about was from the fleet of F Hackney of Sandbach.

DEANB:
R & A Millett Shops draw bar Seddon Atkinson 400.

Click on pages once/twice.

Molo Foden is the same truck on the rhs in the colour advert.

Ivanoff Ford Transcontinental.

M.J.Swallow Volvo F10.

hello DEAN ,M J Swallow were bought out by Caddies of Oswestry ,thank you Trevor

DEANB:

Buzzer:
Found a picture of a Commer Cob van, the chap who used to service the first Scania I had a 110 had one, Buzzer.

Heres a nice 110 !

No Dean here is a nice 110 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Buzzer

Morning John,
Would that fitter have been Dave Coombs by any chance ■■? havent seen him for years.
We were both at Unit Commercials in the early 70’s then he had a “workshop” between trailers in Stars yard and last time was in his breakers yard up towards Alderbury.
Anyone know how he is ■■? Harvey

windrush:
Sorry Dean, but not me in that Tilcon Foden! I never had one that old. :laughing:

Pete.

Heres another one chap ! :wink:

HRS:
Morning John,
Would that fitter have been Dave Coombs by any chance ■■? havent seen him for years.
We were both at Unit Commercials in the early 70’s then he had a “workshop” between trailers in Stars yard and last time was in his breakers yard up towards Alderbury.
Anyone know how he is ■■? Harvey

Yes Harvey it was Dave Coombes and as you say he knew Scania’s well training at Unit Commercials in Salisbury and as you say he had a makeshift workshop of sorts in West Quay road in Star car transporters bit but think TIP rented the whole plot and the rest sublet, conditions not ideal but back then there were lots of mechanics working in poor conditions to get the job done but back then there were no computers and such like on trucks it was just basic mechanics then.
As you say he moved on to Coates gravel pit with a better workshop and he also broke up a few motors selling secondhand spares but that’s how lots rolled back then not able to afford new parts to get going for another weeks work, don’t know where he is at now but like me and you would be getting on in years now, Mary Hopkins days them cheers Buzzer.

Chris Webb:

gingerfold:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Thanks for your comments Chris and Graham. :wink:

marky:
The day-cab ERF with the twin air-intake stacks pulling the sheeted flat you enquired about was from the fleet of F Hackney of Sandbach.

Well spotted “marky”, thanks for the name. :wink:

tastrucker:
M.J.Swallow Volvo F10.

hello DEAN ,M J Swallow were bought out by Caddies of Oswestry ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the comment Trevor. :wink: Paul tells me he is doing some pics from the Chruch Stretton area at the
moment. What was that company name you asked about the other day ■■