PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Punchy Dan:
The above Renault would of belong to Jack ford of chapel en le frith .

Thanks for the name Dan. :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Been busy mate, a bit of a promotion and have to stay away a couple of nights a week now in hotels, prefer a cab to be honest!
The pic of the below TM, I pass their old yard every Sunday morning and have been racking my brains trying to remember the name of the company!
I think that Bedford was Detroit powered, may be getting confused with Dixons from Kidderminster though!, Central Plants yard was other side of the canal to the Round Oak pub and is now occupied by housing, Cheers Pete

Thanks for the info Pete. :wink:

steelboyf10:
Taken in Edwards yard alongside the A34 in Newbury, before the by pass…

Nice pic “steelboyf10” you did well to tie that motor up with that pic. :smiley:

MANTRONIC:
"Chris Webb"Morning Dean.
Bell Line drivers used to changeover at Symonds Yat in the 70s,they had marked out bays for parking.
I think Bevans of Newport was one of the main contractors for Bell Line at the Welsh end,not sure about Middlesborough.The ERF in the photo has a Cardiff reg.

That ERF is more likely to be John Stephens Transport Newport . He had several like that in Bells colours with Jennings cabs ,and also F86 and F88 Volovs ,hey Dean another gem from South Wales ,thanx MT

Thanks for the info “MT” :smiley:

moomooland:
“Ray Smyth” Not connected with the above, are you
aware of any decent pictures of Ripponden & District vans, they would call at my depot several times a week ? Kind Regards, Ray.

Well Ray better late than never. :smiley:
Here’s a shot of a Ripponden & District Commer taken in Stockport in January 1966.
[/quote]
Nice black and white shot Paul. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi Paul,moomooland,here’s a gem I found in a mag a bus canteen in Manchester if you blow up the page there’s a little write up

:wink:

Paul John:
“MANTRONIC”"Chris Webb"Morning Dean.

Bell Line drivers used to changeover at Symonds Yat in the 70s,they had marked out bays for parking.
I think Bevans of Newport was one of the main contractors for Bell Line at the Welsh end,not sure about Middlesborough.The ERF in the photo has a Cardiff reg.

That ERF is more likely to be John Stephens Transport Newport . He had several like that in Bells colours with Jennings cabs ,and also F86 and F88 Volovs ,hey Dean another gem from South Wales ,thanx MT.

Hi all. The blue Roadtrain may be WRJones of Rhiwderin later Caerphilly on the same estate as CVH and Kelvin Ward, Pant-Glas?
The ERF YHB 604T is a Merthyr Tydfil registration HB, and may well of been new to Triumph Business Systems of Pentrebach light green with dark green sign writing. They ran a nice private fleet delivering office furniture metal filing cabinets etc.
The Deutz WNY 11T may of been run by GDJ Price of Newport when new, but not in that photo.
Cant remember if NY is Newport or Bargoed as Caerphilly is KG I think!
If the deutz was supplied by Severnside Commercials it would be Newport, Rhymney Valley Motors it would be Bargoed.
Alan Price & Sons had WNY 628T, Alan’s son Dai had that new, and JNY 97W and 98W.
Paul

Thanks for the comments and information on those trucks Paul. :smiley:

Not anymore…Gone but not forgotten

Stanfield:

Thanks for the pic “Stanfield” :wink:

Some more from the USA.

Bulkers.

International.

L0943p.JPG

White-Freightliner.

L1080p.JPG

Kenworth.

L1112p.JPG

White-Freightliner.

L1149p.JPG

Autocar.

L1113p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Some oldies.

A03969p.JPG

A04047p.JPG

A04248p.JPG

A04344p.JPG

A04345p.JPG

A04342p.JPG

A04346p.JPG

A04347p.JPG

A4348p.JPG

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice to read.

Caterpillar.

A04255.JPG

A04256p.JPG

Powerful Foden back in 1976.

Guy advert 1972.

AEC.

Leyland 1967.

Leyland 1967.

Leyland Switzerland 1966.

W.H.Smith’s ERF.

Hovis ERF

A.Ruby Scania.

Swains of Stretton DAF.

Anyone recognise the Commer ■■ Possibly a farmer.

Think its a RAF Seddon Atkinson draw-bar.

J.E.Clark & Co Volvo F10.

F.J.Meakin Volvo F7.

Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■

Air Products Seddon Atkinson.

A04256p.JPG
637 Dean with Carribbean cab! Drove one for 9mths , not for the faint hearted.6 X 12 hr shifts a little bit nippy n a lot noisey. Almost certainly the worst vehicle on rubber tyres,a body rearranger.

DEANB:

Punchy Dan:
The above Renault would of belong to Jack ford of chapel en le frith .

Thanks for the name Dan. :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Been busy mate, a bit of a promotion and have to stay away a couple of nights a week now in hotels, prefer a cab to be honest!
The pic of the below TM, I pass their old yard every Sunday morning and have been racking my brains trying to remember the name of the company!
I think that Bedford was Detroit powered, may be getting confused with Dixons from Kidderminster though!, Central Plants yard was other side of the canal to the Round Oak pub and is now occupied by housing, Cheers Pete

Thanks for the info Pete. :wink:
Hey Dean, when you spent the amount of time I did under it…you never forget them!..great pics as ever, keep em coming! :smiley:

steelboyf10:
Taken in Edwards yard alongside the A34 in Newbury, before the by pass…

Nice pic “steelboyf10” you did well to tie that motor up with that pic. :smiley:

MANTRONIC:
"Chris Webb"Morning Dean.

That ERF is more likely to be John Stephens Transport Newport . He had several like that in Bells colours with Jennings cabs ,and also F86 and F88 Volovs ,hey Dean another gem from South Wales ,thanx MT

Thanks for the info “MT” :smiley:

moomooland:
“Ray Smyth” Not connected with the above, are you
aware of any decent pictures of Ripponden & District vans, they would call at my depot several times a week ? Kind Regards, Ray.

Here’s a shot of a Ripponden & District Commer taken in Stockport in January 1966.

Nice black and white shot Paul. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi Paul,moomooland,here’s a gem I found in a mag a bus canteen in Manchester if you blow up the page there’s a little write up

:wink:

Paul John:
“MANTRONIC”"Chris Webb"Morning Dean.

That ERF is more likely to be John Stephens Transport Newport . He had several like that in Bells colours with Jennings cabs ,and also F86 and F88 Volovs ,hey Dean another gem from South Wales ,thanx MT.

Hi all. The blue Roadtrain may be WRJones of Rhiwderin later Caerphilly on the same estate as CVH and Kelvin Ward, Pant-Glas?
The ERF YHB 604T is a Merthyr Tydfil registration HB, and may well of been new to Triumph Business Systems of Pentrebach light green with dark green sign writing. They ran a nice private fleet delivering office furniture metal filing cabinets etc.
The Deutz WNY 11T may of been run by GDJ Price of Newport when new, but not in that photo.
Cant remember if NY is Newport or Bargoed as Caerphilly is KG I think!
If the deutz was supplied by Severnside Commercials it would be Newport, Rhymney Valley Motors it would be Bargoed.
Alan Price & Sons had WNY 628T, Alan’s son Dai had that new, and JNY 97W and 98W.
Paul

Thanks for the comments and information on those trucks Paul. :smiley:
[/quote]

Dean the Commer straw lorry reminds me of R.A.Mansbridge from Shootash near Romsey I may be wrong of course, Buzzer

moomooland:

Ray Smyth:
Not connected with the above, are you

Paul, Thank you for the Ripponden & District picture, it looks like the Commer is on the A6,
and heading South ? Cheers, Ray.

Stanfield:

John, Thank you for the Ripponden & District Picture, Kind Regards, Ray.

coomsey:
637 Dean with Carribbean cab! Drove one for 9mths , not for the faint hearted.6 X 12 hr shifts a little bit nippy n a lot noisey. Almost certainly the worst vehicle on rubber tyres,a body rearranger.

Bit more info. V engine up front straight at the back n two pedals ,bit of rod between so if back one full bore so was front one,if you was turning sharp you’d drop the back one off,or else straight on.Five pedals one brakes, which I never used in 9mths,also acceleraters ,diff lock n gear shift inhibitor. She had a lap belt not for accidents but to stop you being thrown out. More blind spots than Stevie Wonder n a similar colour at the end of the shift. We were paid very good money for it n worth every penny. We must have been nuts!! Cheers Coomsey

Ray Smyth:

moomooland:

Ray Smyth:
Not connected with the above, are you

Paul, Thank you for the Ripponden & District picture, it pools like the Commer is on the A6,
and heading South ? Cheers, Ray.

Please accept my thanks too.
We," Rippydick",sent 12 vans over to the Manchester area every day. The driver on the Stockport run at the time of the photo would have been Dave Williamson.
All the runs had drivers mates and I was the mate on the Ashton u lyne run at the time. Several of the runs used to meet up at dinnertime on the big wasteland car park opposite Belle Vue on Hyde Road in Gorton. It was not uncommon for us mates to swap about for the afternoon, so it’s not impossible that the mate in the cab with Dave was me !! :smiley:
Regards John.

Morning Dean,
A Ruby was from Willenhall, West Midlands, we have had a couple of their’s on before, Cheer’s Pete

Buzzer:
Dean the Commer straw lorry reminds me of R.A.Mansbridge from Shootash near Romsey I may be wrong of course, Buzzer

Hi DEAN and Buzzer ,that location is the Newent junction on the A40 out of Gloucester . In the background is Cottrells Daimler Fleetline on route to Ruardean ,now our ROF should recognise that bus !! regards Keith

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
A Ruby was from Willenhall, West Midlands, we have had a couple of their’s on before, Cheer’s Pete

hello DEAN and pete ,yes A Ruby from the black country ,they would come up to Shotton ,but with ERFs ,thank you Trevor

coomsey:

Thanks for the comments “coomsey” i bet they were noisey old things. Like the “body rearranger” comment. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

steelboyf10:
I think that Bedford was Detroit powered, may be getting confused with Dixons from Kidderminster though!, Central Plants yard was other side of the canal to the Round Oak pub and is now occupied by housing, Cheers Pete.

Hey Dean, when you spent the amount of time I did under it…you never forget them!..great pics as ever, keep em coming! :smiley:

“steelboyf10” Taken in Edwards yard alongside the A34 in Newbury, before the by pass…

I take it that the TM was not the most reliable then “steelboyf10” :unamused: :laughing:

Buzzer:

Thanks for the possible name “Buzzer” :wink:

coomsey:
Bit more info. V engine up front straight at the back n two pedals ,bit of rod between so if back one full bore so was front one,if you was turning sharp you’d drop the back one off,or else straight on.Five pedals one brakes, which I never used in 9mths,also acceleraters ,diff lock n gear shift inhibitor. She had a lap belt not for accidents but to stop you being thrown out. More blind spots than Stevie Wonder n a similar colour at the end of the shift. We were paid very good money for it n worth every penny. We must have been nuts!! Cheers Coomsey

Quality “coomsey” that made me laugh. :laughing: :wink:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,

Cheers Pete. :smiley:

kingswinford kit:
"Buzzer"Dean the Commer straw lorry reminds me of R.A.Mansbridge from Shootash near Romsey I may be wrong of course, Buzzer
Hi DEAN and Buzzer ,that location is the Newent junction on the A40 out of Gloucester . In the background is Cottrells Daimler Fleetline on route to Ruardean ,now our ROF should recognise that bus !! regards Keith

Thanks for the info on where the pic was taken Keith. :smiley:

tastrucker:
“pete smith” Morning Dean,

hello DEAN and pete ,yes A Ruby from the black country ,they would come up to Shotton ,but with ERFs ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the comment Trevor. :wink:

Motorway scene.

P2190038p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Iveco from Cornwall ■■?

P2190071p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Renault ■■?

P6040024p.JPG

Burtons Foods Volvo.

P8130071p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo transporter ■■?

PA260036p.JPG

Asda Scania.

PC300017p.JPG

New Look Scania who used run out of Weymouth. Not sure if they packed up or moved to another area.

PC300016p.JPG

Millmove Volvo bulker.

P2160098p.JPG

Ralph Williams Scania.

P2160084p.JPG

Mitchellson DAF.

P2160101p.JPG

Shellard Volvo F88

Calor Transport ERF

Coates Haulage ERF.

Steetley Roadtrain.

BSC Volvo F7 tanker. Chris Webb what does BSC stand for ■■ :unamused:

Humber Commercials Renault. Would that be a demonstrator,still has the plastic seat covers on.

Tankfreight MAN taken in Parkstone,Poole.

Dorchester Transport Volvo F10. You probably sold this one Harvey ? :smiley:

Anyone recognise the brown/red Volvo F86 ■■?

Les Sampson Marathon.