PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

gingerfold:
Fruitex was bought by Turners (Soham) Ltd. They ran it for several years under the Fruitex name, but it is now Turner’s Donington (Lincs.) depot. it still does the same work, that is produce to wholesale markets.

Thanks Graham for the details on Fruitex and for the info on the ERF tanker. :smiley:

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
Yes indeed this wagon and drag would have been a beast to turn in a tight space…if you mean Trenchards yard in Bournemouth it was a tight space…that trailer would have been on an A frame to.
Lovely pic though…a work of art :smiley:
Regards Mark

I did mean Trenchards yard in Bournemouth Mark. :laughing: :wink:
Thanks for the name for the merc.

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
Not sure whose the Guy BigJ tanker is,looks like a black oil tank as there is a lamp on top,they weren’t allowed on pet spirit tanks when I was on them. I’ve seen a photo of an AEC Mandator tanker in similar livery,maybe Graham aka Gingerfold knows? GO is a London C C reg.

Thanks for the name Chris. :smiley:

CJA1:
Anyone recognise the Volvo tanker arriving at Poole docks ■■

Hi Dean The Volvo F7 , looks like it was a Hennessy Tanker from Mort Lane tyldesley Manchester, Certainly looks like his Livery? And The Sed Atki Tanker was deffo PTH/TF Outta there Southampton Depot, Heres another of said lorry with its Regular Dvr Trouti.

Thanks for the details “CJA1” :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:
By coincidence this week… Robert

:laughing:

windrush:
A very clean Tilcon Haulmaster there Dean, probably Forest of Dean based as Gore quarry trucks were rarely that clean! :laughing:
Pete.

Thanks for the comment Pete. :smiley:

tastrucker:
Synthite Scania tanker.

Hello DEAN ,thank you for the Synthite Scania ,now that brings back memories ,that Scania was basec at Mold ,they had a couple a lot of work down to S WAles ,they also had Bathgate cabbed Albion 6 wheel tankers ,Trevor

Thanks for the details Trevor. :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi dean gammonds are based in Hereford they still going I used to load their trailers in the abbey,

Thanks John. :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Someone may recognise the colours on the trailer ?

Hi, Dean. The powder tanker behind the white CF appears to be the last incarnation of R.H.Stevens, Macclesfield livery. The unlettered Daf is probably “on trial” (blagged!) just before they closed the gates for good.

Cheers “ROF” “blagged” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,a couple of pics

Thanks for the pics John. :smiley:

joeshell:
"Chris Webb"Hi Dean.
Not sure whose the Guy BigJ tanker is,looks like a black oil tank as there is a lamp on top,they weren’t allowed on pet spirit tanks when I was on them. I’ve seen a photo of an AEC Mandator tanker in similar livery,maybe Graham aka Gingerfold knows? GO is a London C C reg.
Hi Dean/Chris,definitely a black oil tank,lamp on top,single(filthy black)hose on the rack,had loads of them on Shell

Thanks for confirming the name Joe. :smiley:

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice to read.

Harveys of Bristol. 1966

Leyland West.

leyland west.jpg

leyland west1.jpg

leyland west2.jpg

Foden 1969.

foden news sa 69.jpg

foden news sa 691.jpg

AEC 1966.

Brian Yeardley used to come through Poole alot .Had a fleet of F12 globe trotters back in the 80s.

P5250001p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF tanker, its the dreaded white ! :cry:

P2180077p.JPG

Biffa Leyland/Daf.

P2180048p.JPG

H.F.Heard ERF bulker.

P2180051p.JPG

Frampton’s ERF. For anyone intrested i popped an article on about Framptons on page 208.

P2180084p.JPG

Hanson Volvo.

P2180087p.JPG

Unitruc Volvo.

P2180107p.JPG

Wincanton Scania.

P2190146p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Scania tipper ■■

P2180112p.JPG

Enviorclear Volvo from Wales.

South Wales Wood Recycling Volvo.

Bennett’s / Interoute Seddon Atkinson taken at Ferndown.
There is an article about Bennetts on page 166 and Interoute on page 278.

“Daz”,Blue Circle Cement Routeman.

A.D.T. Haulage Scania from Northampton.

Freightliner Volvo F7. Think its in Southampton.

P.P.Brady & Sons Fiat from Southampton.Looks like that was taken in Southampton.

Abbey Hill Fiat car transporter. Posted an article on Abbey Hill on page 169.

Thorpes Atkinson.

Cant make the name out on the DAF headboard. Anyone recognise the colour scheme ■■

Indalex Bedford TM. Dont think we have had one of these on before. Anyone know anything about them ■■

Lep Transport DAF. They had an office on Poole docks.Looks like its on traction work.

The Daf with the 20ft container is Barbour European from Stirling

The Harvey’s article was interesting. I remember those Scammell Townsman artics coming through Reading on the old A4, presumably running up to London from Bristol? A fair journey for those. They had a few (three I think?) of the Foden Twinloads that ran overseas occasionally.

Pete.

Hi dean,cullimores are a big outfit their main base is on the a38 ,they got depots in south cerney,Cirencester,and fair ford ,we just started doing admixture to them

Top pic is the main yard ,the bottom is south cerney

DEANB:

P.P.Brady & Sons Fiat from Southampton.Looks like that was taken in Southampton.

Thorpes Atkinson.

Cant make the name out on the DAF headboard. Anyone recognise the colour scheme ■■

Indalex Bedford TM. Dont think we have had one of these on before. Anyone know anything about them ■■

Lep Transport DAF. They had an office on Poole docks.Looks like its on traction work.

Hi Dean ,Indalex ,Bedford TM ,are from Tewkesbury ,they manufacture Aluminum tubes etc ,regards Keith

s johnston.jpgsome useless info for you
this atki was owned by sam johnstone
his yard was at barton u needwood at the side of the a38 south bound its a pallet yard now
he worked mainly out of rom at Lichfield
Mike P…

DEANB:

Thanks Dean for posting this photo and putting my nane next to it. I am enjoying this site with all the great Pictures from you paul and mark with all the hard work you guys put in to this All the very best for now and a Happy New year for 2019 Regards Darren :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thorpes Atkinson.

SCANTASTIC:
The Daf with the 20ft container is Barbour European from Stirling

Thanks for the name “SCANTASTIC” :wink:

windrush:
The Harvey’s article was interesting. I remember those Scammell Townsman artics coming through Reading on the old A4, presumably running up to London from Bristol? A fair journey for those. They had a few (three I think?) of the Foden Twinloads that ran overseas occasionally.
Pete.

Thanks for the comment Pete,i think some of those old articles are facinating. :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,cullimores are a big outfit their main base is on the a38 ,they got depots in south cerney,Cirencester,and fair ford ,we just started doing admixture to them

Thanks for the pics John. Posted an article about Cullimores on page 91. :wink:

kingswinford kit:

Hi Dean ,Indalex ,Bedford TM ,are from Tewkesbury ,they manufacture Aluminum tubes etc ,regards Keith

Thanks for the info Keith. :smiley:

Mike Ponsonby:
0some useless info for you
this atki was owned by sam johnstone
his yard was at barton u needwood at the side of the a38 south bound its a pallet yard now
he worked mainly out of rom at Lichfield
Mike P…

We like “useless info” on here Mike ! :laughing: Thanks for the info chap. :wink:

ArcDaz:
Thanks Dean for posting this photo and putting my nane next to it. I am enjoying this site with all the great Pictures from you paul and mark with all the hard work you guys put in to this All the very best for now and a Happy New year for 2019 Regards Darren :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Daz,thought you would like that one ! :wink:

Some odds and sods.

AEC 1967.

Robertsons.

2017-06-07 20.27.36.jpg

Foden 1969. Greenham Plant Hire.

foden news crane 69 ppg.jpg

Tees Valley Water Board. 1957.

J.F.Pearce Foden brick carrier.

P2180111p.JPG

Tarmac MAN.

P2180114p.JPG

Lambert Brothers DAF from Southampton.

P2180115p.JPG

Think it says Snows timber on the DAF.

P2180120p.JPG

BP ERF

P2190143p.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF bulker ■■

P3260010p.JPG

Lenham Storage Mercedes.

P3260011p.JPG

Texaco ERF tanker.

P3260001p.JPG

Dennis fire engine.

P3290042p.JPG

RMC Foden.

P3290045p.JPG

Some pics taken in France. Not sure where,possibly Cherbourg.

Transcon.

Berliet.

Would imagine the Saviem was an old one as i dont remember ever seeing that shape one before.

Maggie dump truck.

Mercedes.

Mercedes heavy haulier.

Volvo has had an accident.

Volvo N10 dump truck.

Dodge dump truck.

Mercedes draw-bar.

Had some of these on before. S.Protheroe Seddon Atkinson.

Bell Containers ERF.

Burtons Seddon Atkinson.

H.Young Transport Mercedes from Southampton.

Anyone recognise the Renault ■■?

Saville Dodge. Dont think we have had one of these on before.Anyone know were they were from ■■

Anyone recognise the Maggie ■■?

Barlow & Hodgkinson Foden bulk tanker.

Eggbeers Foden.

Harold Wood Seddon Atkinson tanker.

G’day Dean - great pics again, thank you.
Re the pics in France, I’d say they’re in Bolougne, but I could well be wrong of course.
Anyways, most of the vehicles have 59 or 62 number plates, which is Nord Pas de Calais department -

Cheers Keith

Morning Dean,
Savilles were based in Stratford on Avon and was dealers for International Harvester, don’t know if they are still in business or had any other depots,
Cheer’s Pete

Morning Dean.

Bell Line drivers used to changeover at Symonds Yat in the 70s,they had marked out bays for parking.
I think Bevans of Newport was one of the main contractors for Bell Line at the Welsh end,not sure about Middlesborough.The ERF in the photo has a Cardiff reg.