PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

We have had some great pics of Hoveringham Gravels trucks on here.

A02401.JPG

A02269.JPG

2017-06-24 14.40.00.jpg

2017-06-25 19.32.08.jpg

A00204.JPG

A00155.JPG

BF0003.JPG

BC0030.JPG

BC0024.JPG

AT35.JPG

Hoveringham Gravels.

Click on pages twice to read.

hoveringham 19662.PNG

Some oldies.

A04253p.JPG

A04331p.JPG

A04334p.JPG

A04335p.JPG

A04336p.JPG

A04337p.JPG

A04338p.JPG

A04339p.JPG

A04341p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■

P2160010p.JPG

Someone may recognise the colours on the trailer ?

P2160012p.JPG

E.J.Shanley & Son Mercedes.

P2160013p.JPG

Viridor Volvo draw-bar roll on roll off.

P2160016p.JPG

Avonside MAN.

P2160034p.JPG

Avon Commercial Recovery Foden.

P2160053p.JPG

Hereford Galvanizers Volvo

P2160049p.JPG

Lafarge DAF. Did they take over Blue Circle Cement as that looks like their colour scheme ■■

P2160054p.JPG

Total ERF tanker.

P2160059p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo bulker ■■?

P2160078p.JPG

Anyone recognise the F10 pulling a brewery trailer ■■

Cant make the name out on the Mercedes ■■

Texaco Leyland Marathon heading back to the Poole depot on the docks. Depot long gone now.

Anyone recognise the GUY tanker ■■?

BOC Foden tanker.

Gammond’s ERF

Synthite Scania tanker.

“windrush” Tilcon Foden.

Williams Bros ERF.

F.C.■■■■■■■ & Sons Foden from Hermitage.

DEANB:

nilocekyd:
“DEANB”

Thanks for the info on Fruiex Buzzer,i wonder if they are still going. :smiley:
Off topic i cant remember the last time i saw anyone smoking a pipe !

Fruitex was bought by Turners (Soham) Ltd. They ran it for several years under the Fruitex name, but it is now Turner’s Donington (Lincs.) depot. it still does the same work, that is produce to wholesale markets.

DEANB:
Total ERF tanker.

A Wincanton contract vehicle

Double Post

Hi Dean,
Yes indeed this wagon and drag would have been a beast to turn in a tight space…if you mean Trenchards yard in Bournemouth it was a tight space…that trailer would have been on an A frame to.
Lovely pic though…a work of art :smiley:

Regards Mark

L3797p.JPG.jpg

Dean this Merc is an early Polypipe Doncaster i’m sure…

Regards Mark

L2432p.JPG.jpg

Hi Dean.

Not sure whose the Guy BigJ tanker is,looks like a black oil tank as there is a lamp on top,they weren’t allowed on pet spirit tanks when I was on them. I’ve seen a photo of an AEC Mandator tanker in similar livery,maybe Graham aka Gingerfold knows? GO is a London C C reg.

guy1.JPG

DEANB:
Midlands BRS Seddon Atkinson. Looks at the cars from the 1970s behind. Looks like a Granada,Cortina, and a 1100/1300 Austin.

Forest of Dean Caravans/Transport Mercedes.

Nuttall Transport ERF. Think “moomooland” knows about this company from memory.

Anyone recognise the Volvo tanker arriving at Poole docks ■■

Anyone recognise the Dodge ■■ Thats a rare sight now motorbike just overtaking with a side-car.

Arthur W Read Foden bulker.Looks like the pic was taken on the A35 between Dorchester and Bridport not far from where
Askers cafe used to be.

N.B.Tite Foden.

Baileys Haulage Crusader. Looks like it had been on the Middle East with the air con unit and storage lockers on the roof.

I reckon this is a great pic. :smiley: Nice working shot with two popular 8 wheelers of the time. Looks like its tea break
time with the fella in the chair. :laughing:

A.Brown (Tunstall) ERF

Hi Dean The Volvo F7 , looks like it was a Hennessy Tanker from Mort Lane tyldesley Manchester, Certainly looks like his Livery? And The Sed Atki Tanker was deffo PTH/TF Outta there Southampton Depot, Heres another of said lorry with its Regular Dvr Trouti.

By coincidence this week… Robert

A very clean Tilcon Haulmaster there Dean, probably Forest of Dean based as Gore quarry trucks were rarely that clean! :laughing:

Pete.

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the F10 pulling a brewery trailer ■■

Cant make the name out on the Mercedes ■■

Texaco Leyland Marathon heading back to the Poole depot on the docks. Depot long gone now.

Anyone recognise the GUY tanker ■■?

BOC Foden tanker.

Gammond’s ERF

Synthite Scania tanker.

“windrush” Tilcon Foden.

Williams Bros ERF.

F.C.■■■■■■■ & Sons Foden from Hermitage.

Hello DEAN ,thank you for the Synthite Scania ,now that brings back memories ,that Scania was basec at Mold ,they had a couple a lot of work down to S WAles ,they also had Bathgate cabbed Albion 6 wheel tankers ,Trevor

Hi dean gammonds are based in Hereford they still going I used to load their trailers in the abbey,

[quote=“DEANB”

[attachment=9]

P2160010p.JPG[/attachment]

Someone may recognise the colours on the trailer ?

[attachment=8]P2160012p.JPG
[/quote]
Hi, Dean. The powder tanker behind the white CF appears to be the last incarnation of R.H.Stevens, Macclesfield livery. The unlettered Daf is probably “on trial” (blagged!) just before they closed the gates for good.

Hi dean,a couple of pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

moomooland:

MANTRONIC:
Yeah Dean ,i agree with all that re -Mansel Davies ,more please cant get enough of them ,MT

Fill your boots on the link below which contains over 3000 pictures of Mansel Davies lorries taken by a friend of mine Chris Farnah. :smiley:

Click here for Mansel Davies album on Flickr

Hi moomooland ,thanx very much for that ,had a great time sifting through that ,MT

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Not sure whose the Guy BigJ tanker is,looks like a black oil tank as there is a lamp on top,they weren’t allowed on pet spirit tanks when I was on them. I’ve seen a photo of an AEC Mandator tanker in similar livery,maybe Graham aka Gingerfold knows? GO is a London C C reg.

Hi Dean/Chris,definitely a black oil tank,lamp on top,single(filthy black)hose on the rack,had loads of them on Shell