PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hi Keith it’s not Morva it says Powys on the door I thought same as you but when I zoomed in different name on door John

smallcoal:
Hi Keith it’s not Morva it says Powys on the door I thought same as you but when I zoomed in different name on door John

Cheers John ,but cant think who would have had Scammells in Powys ,regards Keith

kingswinford kit:

smallcoal:

Cheers John ,but cant think who would have had Scammells in Powys ,regards Keith

Hi Keith I will try a magnifying glass on it

DEANB:
Anyone drive a Scammell Handyman ? We have had a few on here.

Hi Dean ,those Handymans and 2 smashers from South Wales ,another Peter Jones and love the T D Williams complete with stillages for Llanelli Radiators ,he also had OWN 614M , excellent Dean, MT

gazsa401:
Great article on the Barton’s Scammell Handyman Dean
I drove it once (around a small yard)whilst it was having a few problems being sorted out at County Truck Services in Nottingham
Also in the article was the mentioning of Barton’s doing Middle East work
One of the drivers mentioned was the late Terry Bywater a dead ringer for Rigsby (Leonard Rossiter)
I had the pleasure of working with him at Stirlands and some of the stories he told about his trips to Iran were brilliant
Cheers Gary [emoji1303]

Glad you enjoyed that Gary, i bet Terry had some great photos of when he did the ME. :wink:

smallcoal:
"kingswinford kit"Hi Keith it’s not Morva it says Powys on the door I thought same as you but when I zoomed in different name on door John

Cheers John ,but cant think who would have had Scammells in Powys ,regards Keith.
Hi Keith I will try a magnifying glass on it

Thanks for your comments Keith and John ! :wink:

MANTRONIC:
Hi Dean ,those Handymans and 2 smashers from South Wales ,another Peter Jones and love the T D Williams complete with stillages for Llanelli Radiators ,he also had OWN 614M , excellent Dean, MT

Glad you liked those MT ! You have a good memory to remember number plates from that long ago ! :laughing: :wink:

Some oldies.

Oily, whos is it ,we have had them on before but buggered if i can remember !!! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

B.E.Williams ERF.Had a few of these on before.

M & G Trailers Bedford.

J & J Transport Berliet.We have had a couple of these on before.

I think we have had this Maggie on before. Can anyone remember it ■■

Poole Trucking Transcontinental. Very tidy looks new.

Anyone recognise the F10 ■■?

Cant make the name out on the Atkinson tanker,something chemicals ■■

North Eastern BRS Seddon Atkinson.

Anyone recognise the Seddon,cant make the name out ■■?

"Oily, whos is it ,we have had them on before but buggered if i can remember !!! "
After my time Dean but the livery looks like it could be Cartransport BRS/Mortons.
Oily

DEANB:
Oily, whos is it ,we have had them on before but buggered if i can remember !!! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

M & G Trailers Bedford.

Hi Dean ,the orange Seddon 6 wheeler ,looks like Rugby cement ,regards Keith

DEANB:

M & G Trailers Bedford.

Hi Dean and another BE Williams of Sennybridge ERF . Do not recognise that one can ,no reg ,but may be an ex tanker ,of its under the bumper exhaust ,MT

This looks like a cracking truck…maybe an owner driver, I certainly don’t remember them.

DEANB:

M & G Trailers Bedford.

Rugy Cement flat bed Seddon :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

DEANB:

M & G Trailers Bedford.

Hello DEAN…that Maggie looks like a firm by the name of Sheppersons from the East Mids …years ago they hauled scrap metal offcuts to a smelter plant at Llanelli called Bachelors AMG …the offcuts from Metal Box Leicester …Owens and Llanelli based John Evans did similar work…as well as Illtyd Thomas …lol …Geraint

oiltreader:
"Oily, whos is it ,we have had them on before but buggered if i can remember !!! "
After my time Dean but the livery looks like it could be Cartransport BRS/Mortons.
Oily

Thanks for the names Oily. :wink:

kingswinford kit:

Hi Dean ,the orange Seddon 6 wheeler ,looks like Rugby cement ,regards Keith

Thanks Keith ! :smiley:

MANTRONIC:

Hi Dean and another BE Williams of Sennybridge ERF . Do not recognise that one can ,no reg ,but may be an ex tanker ,of its under the bumper exhaust ,MT

I never noticed the number plate was missing MT ! :laughing:

Mark R:
This looks like a cracking truck…maybe an owner driver, I certainly don’t remember them.

I think they were only s small company based at the docks Mark. Cliff or geoff if they look in will probably remember
them. :wink: Heres another one of the same Transcon and a DAF they run. :smiley:

ArcDaz:
Rugy Cement flat bed Seddon :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Cheers Daz ! :wink:

kenfig bill:

Hello DEAN…that Maggie looks like a firm by the name of Sheppersons from the East Mids …years ago they hauled scrap metal offcuts to a smelter plant at Llanelli called Bachelors AMG …the offcuts from Metal Box Leicester …Owens and Llanelli based John Evans did similar work…as well as Illtyd Thomas …lol …Geraint

Thanks for the info Geraint. :smiley:

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice to read.

AEC 1968.

Anyone know anything about number 2, Cobden’s. Were they taken over or did they just pack up ■■?

Leyland 1969.

Its unbelievable just how many trucks UK manufacturers exported around the world when you read these old articles.

Amtrax MAN

P2240105p.JPG

Hino tipper. Do they still sell Hinos here as i dont remember seeing one for ages ?

P2240106p.JPG

Ewals Cargo Care MAN.

P4220001p.JPG

Budgens Volvo

P4220043p.JPG

McGorman Scania

P4220052p.JPG

Anyone recognise “Daffy the Scania Slayer” :laughing: :laughing:

P4220053p.JPG

Allenby Volvo

P4220069p.JPG

Gloystarne MAN.

P4220093p.JPG

Albion Chemical Distribution MAN.

P4220178p.JPG

Silver Wolf MAN.

P4220183p.JPG

Foden taken at the factory.

L0520p.JPG

Anyone know the make of the crane ■■?

L0784p.JPG

Brown Bros Foden.

L0813p.JPG

RTR Transport ERF

L1275p.JPG

C.R.Turner DAF

L1298p.JPG

W.O.Sheeran Foden bulk tanker.

L1271p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Seddon ? Think the pic was taken in Charminster,Bournbemouth. Definately looks like a
Swanworth Quarries Leyland behind from Worth Matravers. One of theres had a bad accident when they were
filming Far from the Madding Crowd in Corfe Castle.

L1301p.JPG

Kingston Dodge. When you think how many pics have been posted there have not been many Dodge’s so they
must have been well down the list when hauliers were looking for new trucks.

Dodge L1399p.JPG

Limmer & Trinidad Commer.

L1396p.JPG

Lucas Bedford.

L1422p.JPG

Hi Dean ,Albion chemicals,not seen them in a while they are now breentag ,gullivers truck rentals have gone bust told yesterday when one of our boys returned the tractor unit

Scammell brs at octel works Amlwch Anglesey,plus a couple of chemical pics

DEANB:
Foden taken at the factory.

Anyone know the make of the crane ■■?

Brown Bros Foden.

RTR Transport ERF

C.R.Turner DAF

W.O.Sheeran Foden bulk tanker.

Anyone recognise the Seddon ? Think the pic was taken in Charminster,Bournbemouth. Definately looks like a
Swanworth Quarries Leyland behind from Worth Matravers. One of theres had a bad accident when they were
filming Far from the Madding Crowd in Corfe Castle.

Kingston Dodge. When you think how many pics have been posted there have not been many Dodge’s so they
must have been well down the list when hauliers were looking for new trucks.

Limmer & Trinidad Commer.

Lucas Bedford.

Sheeran of Middlewich ,had a big fleet of Fodens on silaca sand and salt ,thanks Dean ,Trevor