PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DAF 2800 Spec sheets.

Click on pages twice to read.

DAF 2800 DKSE article.

Brs Oxford depot ,before being painted .

15-11-16.png

A couple working and one in preservation.
Oily

Daf PS 21379609076_56cc8c47b3_o.jpg

Daf 2800 Ronnie 5698858900_e21ca0a518_rcco.jpg

JAKEY:

Remember seeing this 2800 parked up in Wallingford next to Habitat at weekends

Morning all,
How many of you have , in the latter part of your driving days, met a young lad who knows everything about driving that you would love to sit in a truck with one of these boxes and say: go on son, show me how good you are then. Harvey.
PS, there are 8 pages in this booklet, will post if anyone is interesed.

HRS:
1Morning all,
How many of you have , in the latter part of your driving days, met a young lad who knows everything about driving that you would love to sit in a truck with one of these boxes and say: go on son, show me how good you are then. Harvey.

My favourite 'box :wink: . Robert

DEANB:
The DAF 2800 was a popular motor with drivers. We have had alot of them on here.

Hello DEan ,and thank you for another picture of T E Jones of Nesscliff ,they had a big fleet back in the 80s but now have gone ,thank you Trevor

JAKEY:
Brs Oxford depot ,before being painted .

Nice pics “JAKEY” :smiley:

oiltreader:
A couple working and one in preservation.
Oily

That O’Kane one looks stunning Oily. :wink:

steelboyf10:

JAKEY:

Remember seeing this 2800 parked up in Wallingford next to Habitat at weekends

:wink:

HRS:
1Morning all,

Cant stand automatics personally,much prefer gears.Some of the early autos were particularly bad Harvey.
Had a MAN and a DAF that would eventually go when pulling off on a roundabout or junction about 30 seconds
after you actually wanted to pull away,poxy crap. The only good one i have driven is the Volvo I shift. :wink:

tastrucker:

DEANB:
The DAF 2800 was a popular motor with drivers. We have had alot of them on here.

Hello DEan ,and thank you for another picture of T E Jones of Nesscliff ,they had a big fleet back in the 80s but now have gone ,thank you Trevor

:wink:

Sorry.
Posted on wrong thread.

F.C.Bennett & Sons / Interoute.

CQ0031.JPG

L0323p.JPG

L0325p.JPG

paulgee bennett1.jpg

paulgee bennett.jpg

A03273p.JPG

A03773.JPG

Intresting little article about there history from 1969. Even gives you the rates in the last paragraph !

They had an office in Poole and were a regular site through the port.

Some odds and sods.

Some of these old clippings / articles i find very intresting. Its unbelievable just how many trucks
were exported back in the 60s/70s to all over the world.

British Leyland 1968.

AEC 1969.

Foden 1970.

Bedford’s to Denmark 1960.

Bedford’s to Sweden 1960.

I reckon “pete359” will like this one. :laughing:

J & M Transport Transcon from South Wales.

“Buzzer” I reckon you will remember these fruit importers from Southampton.
T.J.Poupart Seddon. I think they also had a depot in Bristol from memory.

“Harvey” A cracking pic of Wareham Transports Atkinson Defender that you will no doubt remember.
I can remember seeing this motor down Poole docks as a kid.

“moomooland” How about this one Paul. Blackpool Van Transport’s Atkinson.

Robert apparently Framptons had two of these. I wonder why they never bought the NGC model
bearing in mind how much European work they did ■■

Any idea who the AEC tanker belongs to Chris Webb ■■? :unamused: It could do with a wash ! :laughing:

“Daz” Blue Circle Cement Routeman in the wet.

“PV83” Patrick think it says Smith on the door of the F12. Ring any bells with you ? What sort of weight
do you think that machine would weigh ■■

“FLOURPOWER” Hovis Foden.

“pete smith” One of Kendricks Fodens from your part of the world i believe.

Forresters Transport Volvo F88 in the wet.

“tastrucker” Trevor another one of T.E.Jones.

“smallcoal” John Raymond Seddon Atkinson.

I reckon that bulldozer is a tad too heavy on that trailer ! :unamused:

There were loads of these Fiats about for Abbey Hill “Oily and Dieseldog”

United Carriers ERF

J.W.Q.Transport Mercedes.Not sure if we have had one of these on here before ? Anyone know
where they were based ?

Great shot of Don Robins & Sons Leyland. We have not had one of these on before. Photo was taken
in Southampton were they a local haulier does anyone know ■■?

Tilbury’s were a Dodge dealer in outhampton and Winchester looking at the side of the Atkinson wrecker.

“JAKEY” Those BRS trucks get everywhere ! :laughing:

“240gardner” Chris one of Thomas Allens DAF’s.

Hi Dean,another nice selection,thanks.
The AEC tanker looks like ex petrol company,London C C reg plate,and was just the sort of thing A E Evans ran,except it isn’t one of theirs.

The Volvo with low loader is one of Smiths from Scotter which is on the A159 between Gainsborough and Scunthorpe. I used that road quite a lot when running Staveley - Immingham via Worksop and Retford,just for a change - and to dodge silent checkers in Doncaster if running a bit late……………. :laughing:

JWQ Transport had a depot in Sheerness I think,but were maybe Swindon based.Ran a lot of rebar IIRC.

And I loaded oranges off P J Poupart once or twice late 60s when on market work.Good loading as a couple of lads helped you.

Going for a lie down now. :laughing:

JWQ had several depots, Sheerness and Reading were just two of them that spring to mind. They have their own thread on here, ‘Tautliner Terry’ was a regular poster on it.

Pete.

windrush:
JWQ had several depots, Sheerness and Reading were just two of them that spring to mind. They have their own thread on here, ‘Tautliner Terry’ was a regular poster on it.

Pete.

Wasnt thier one in Swindon also / regards Keith

DEANB:
“Buzzer” I reckon you will remember these fruit importers from Southampton.
T.J.Poupart Seddon. I think they also had a depot in Bristol from memory.

Poupart’s had depots in South Wales and Birmingham under their own banner as well as owning several other fruit & veg suppliers around the country. I remember starting out at some unearthly hour to go with my old chap with a load of locally produced veg to their premises in Cardiff.
The highlight of the trip was breakfast at the café near the public toilets in Newport on the return leg, long before the M4 was dreamt about!
In my teenage years I spent a few months delivering for one of their subsidiaries in Hereford, earning minimum wages before “Minimum Wage” was thought about!