Sainsbury ERF

P8130057p.JPG

OSS Group Seddon Atkinson tanker.

PA260008.JPG

Portland Stone Volvo

PA260049p.JPG

Gregory DAF

PC300012p.JPG

Foden parked in Elliotts Transport yard in Bournemouth.

London Brick Volvo F86

Freightline Scania 111.

National ERF. Is that the full name does anyone know ■■

Tidy Bowman DAF

Anyone recognise the Seddon ■■ Looks like hes loaded with steel.

Ellaways Transport Dodge 6 wheeler. We have not had many Dodge 6 wheelers on here.
I dont think we have had one of this companies on here before. Anyone know where they
were based ■■

Hansons Atkinson Defender.

One for “windrush”

Scammell Routeman for Daz.

Morning Dean.
National was originally known as the National Benzole Company and was eventually taken over by Shell - Mex and BP in 1957.

national benzole.JPG

Harvey, i dont remember Dorchester Transport running any Marathons. :open_mouth: I thought they only run
Volvos on artic work. :unamused:

Morning dean,
You have me there. I dont remember that motor, on road about 1976 ish, Leyland were pushing the Marathons very hard about that time.
Could have been a seed motor, very hard to say know to. “how it worked”. 6 moths free use, painted up etc and a very good price to buy after the 6 months, you had to have a very good reason to hand it back.
Always throught the factory and normally only to large fleets etc but leyland were pushing hard.
Having it go to most of your impressionable customers,hard to say, it wasnt mine.
Best I can do, sorry. Harvey

DEANB:

London Brick Volvo F86

Freightline Scania 111.

Tidy Bowman DAF

Ellaways Transport Dodge 6 wheeler. We have not had many Dodge 6 wheelers on here.
I dont think we have had one of this companies on here before. Anyone know where they
were based ■■

One for “windrush”

Hi DEAN ,the Ellaways Dodge was from Chepstow ,only a small company ,i believe they were farmers .
Hi MT and Ianto ,remember Royal Oak hauling timber for Potters at Hay on Wye ,they had a driver at Talybont on Usk ,he later drove for John Evans … The yard at Winforton used to be Wallys cafe ,not sure if Royal Oak it ,but was used for a while by a timber haulier named Amos ,who i think are still operating ,regards Keith

DEANB:
Magnet MAN

Like so many other white units.

Bulmers cider even running white units. :frowning:

Morrey DAF

Says Tango but i assume thats just advertising. Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■

B & H Freight ERF

Sainsbury ERF

OSS Group Seddon Atkinson tanker.

Portland Stone Volvo

Gregory DAF

Hello DEAN ,thier is a Morrey firm from Waverton nr Chester ,that run tankers ,dont think that is the same company ,thank you Trevor

Original livery and text with pic…
1958 Leyland 14SC-1R Super Comet (reg. VUW 839) rigid tanker lorry, pictured at the end of the 2012 HCVS Tyne-Tees Run. It’s been restored in the livery of National Benzole, it’s original owner.
Oily

Leyland 1958_Leyland_14SC-1R_Super_Comet_(VUW_839)_tanker,_2012_HCVS_Tyne-Tees_Run Ultra7...jpg

Another example.
Oily

oiltreader:
Another example.
Oily

lovely pictures as usual Oily ,Trevor

DEANB:

L2657p.jpg

London Brick Volvo F86

Freightline Scania 111.

Tidy Bowman DAF

were based ■■

One for “windrush”

Hi Dean,
If my memory serves me right this Seddon is Turners from Ebbw Vale ■■

DEANB:

London Brick Volvo F86

Freightline Scania 111.

Tidy Bowman DAF

were based ■■

One for “windrush”

Thanks for the photo of their S36 Foden it must have one of the lasts ones made, Regards Larry.

ebay.co.uk/itm/volvo-FL7-6x … 0009.m1982

marktaff:

DEANB:

London Brick Volvo F86

Freightline Scania 111.

Tidy Bowman DAF

were based ■■

One for “windrush”

Hi Dean,

Hello Marktaff ,yes it is Turners from Ebbw Vale and yet another South Wales gem from Dean ,thanx ,they also had a similar artic KEU 220K …They finished up running Ford Cargo 's .MT

DEANB:

Ray Smyth:
Marks & Spencer on trailer. Not sure who owns the ERF ■■?

Hi Dean, I think the Marks & Spencer ERF is Gist. Regards, Ray.
Hi Dean, Further to my previous comments, I think Gist were formerly BOC Transhield. Regards, Ray.

Thanks for the name and information Ray. :wink:

Paul John:
Dean and Paul, the Stevens and Chambers ERF was probably one of the last they ran, as they sold up around 82/83. They also did a lot of lime spreading on farms.
Paul

Thanks for the comment Paul. :smiley:

pete smith:
Hi Chris,
Thomas Brother were from Wrexham…they were also a removal company to…when they finished the name was bought along with Casserlys of Shrewsbury and the two names were merged together under the Britannia franchise …went on to be called Thomas Casserlys…I think they finished the Haulage before selling the removal side of the business.
Regards Mark
Hi Mark,
I presume this is the same Casserley’s?

:imp:

Nice pic Pete ! :wink:

coomsey:
N much appreciated Dean although I’m more of a D series man nowadays :unamused:

I reckon your winding me up “coomsey” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Your a Foden man.

Wind up Dean? Never! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
One of the best or maybes the best motor I ever had was a D series, at 32t with a 240g in her she went like the wind! N who could fault the Ford 12sp box? Shame they stopped making them. Cheers Coomsey.

rigsby:
Tut tut , traitor , you should be marched in front of Sandbach town hall and your foden badges publicly removed , and banned from the Foden thread forthwith . Anon

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tastrucker:
Hi Mark,
I presume this is the same Casserley’s?

They have been going for years are they still in business ? thank you Trevor
[/quote]
:wink:

marktaff:
Hi Pete,
Yes that’s the same Casserly’s…the two company’s were merged together to form Thomas Casserlys under the Britannia frachise…they were both old companies with good names in the moving industry. …I think Casserly’s son may have gone on to start a business of is own in Shrewsbury.
Regards Mark

Thanks for confirming Mark and for the pic. :smiley:

robthedog:
Possibly Transfleet ■■?

The Scania wagon and drag car transporter is or should I say was Euro fleet from Islip near Kettering now long gone

Thanks for confirming the name “robthedog”. :wink:

robthedog:
Whites Renault. Lemonade ■■?

The whites Renault is nothing to do with R whites lemonade, whites are from Kent ramsgate way I believe, one of theirs had a bad smash a few years ago on the old A3 by the devils punchbowl no ABS Susie fitted braked and jackknifed killing a booker artic driver coming the other way

Thanks for the information Rob. :wink:

Mark R:
Yeah, Whites are from down near Manston Airport. They’ve got mainly Mercedes lorries now but have been going for donkeys years. They used to be Orange before they changed to the current yellow livery and a couple of my colleagues used to work on there. A proper old school family haulier.

Cheers Mark for the comments. :wink:

kenfig bill:
Stephens & Chambers ERF bulker from Brecon.

Hey DEAN …super stuff as usual …Stephens and Chambers from Brecon …an old established firm sadly no longer with us …they did a lot of quarry work out of Penwyllt in the Swansea valley …seem to remember they had a Atki 6x2 artic …a surprise and very welcome pic …lol ,…Geraint

Thanks Geraint for the info. You will be pleased to here that Mr Gee was recently in Wales so there will
be lots of modern Welsh motors he will have taken photos off. :smiley: :wink:

MANTRONIC:
hello Dean and Geraint , and Dean thank you very much for providing another South Wales gem in Stephens and Chambers .
They ceased haulage in the early 80s and that ERF would have been one of the last units bought new .
Geraint the twin steer ATki was GEU 170G ,they did about 3 loads a day out of Penwyllt for Llanwern ,they also did NCB work at Abercwmboi ,as well as doing lime/slag spreading .
Once again Dean thanx for some awesome South Wales stuff MT

:confused: :confused:

Thanks for your input MT, Paul and Mark certainly got some good welsh stuff over the years. :wink:
[/quote]
Hey DEAN …thats great news…Paul recently visited us down here …did he manage to get himself to Trecco bay !! …lol …Geraint

DEANB:

London Brick Volvo F86

Freightline Scania 111.

Tidy Bowman DAF

were based ■■

One for “windrush”

Scammell Routeman for Daz. Hi Dean what a great photo this one is hope you guys are well and keeping good love all the excellent pics that you Mark and Paul put on this site fab work All the Best for now chat soon Darren :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good afternoon Dean and All.
Little story about this ERF.
The companys first step fron rigids to artics. unit from Sandbach to York trailers at North Allerton.
Customer had ordered the trailer direct with help from the York Salesman and I was to invoice both unit and trailer.
Arriving to collect the rig and give the unit a check over as all in customers livery and find to my horror a Mofit Mounty fitted to the rear (after build).This was done direct with Moffit and York and customer paid Moffit direct,“this is important” as to what hapened next.
2 miles down the road the rig is all over the place so creep back to base slowly and phone York to ask about ballancing issues.
They were asked after build to allow Moffit to enter there plant and fit the crane, they did.
Following day as arranged I deliver the rig and inform owner and driver I am not happy with the peformance on the combination so a dummy load should be kept up front for safty, also with a covering letter.
End result.
I was held responsible in the eyes of the law, not, I would add by both ERF and my company for the error. I have still not worked that one out but a very expensive freelance engineer ageed York would have to slide the trailer bogie back and re-fix to ballance it out as the company would not accept a false bulkhead with weights.
We had to pay for that !!!
Can you imagine what that trailer would be like back in the second hand market with no crane on. shudder the think.
Anyway, only customer ever to ■■■■ me off and I refused to deal with them from there on. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: Harvey

P4250137p.JPG

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.
National was originally known as the National Benzole Company and was eventually taken over by Shell - Mex and BP in 1957.

Thanks for the information Chris. :smiley:

HRS:
Harvey, i dont remember Dorchester Transport running any Marathons. :open_mouth: I thought they only run Volvos on artic work. :unamused:

Morning dean,
You have me there. I dont remember that motor, on road about 1976 ish, Leyland were pushing the Marathons very hard about that time.
Could have been a seed motor, very hard to say know to. “how it worked”. 6 moths free use, painted up etc and a very good price to buy after the 6 months, you had to have a very good reason to hand it back.
Always throught the factory and normally only to large fleets etc but leyland were pushing hard.
Having it go to most of your impressionable customers,hard to say, it wasnt mine.
Best I can do, sorry. Harvey

Thanks for your comments Harvey. I reckon that was the only one they had as i never saw anything but
Volvo on there artic work. They did have some other makes on the rigid front. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
were based ■■

Hi DEAN ,the Ellaways Dodge was from Chepstow ,only a small company ,i believe they were farmers .
Hi MT and Ianto ,remember Royal Oak hauling timber for Potters at Hay on Wye ,they had a driver at Talybont on Usk ,he later drove for John Evans … The yard at Winforton used to be Wallys cafe ,not sure if Royal Oak it ,but was used for a while by a timber haulier named Amos ,who i think are still operating ,regards Keith

Thanks for the details Keith on the Ellaways Dodge. :wink:

oiltreader:
Another example.
Oily

Thanks for the pics Oily. :smiley:

marktaff:
Hi Dean,

Thanks for the name Mark. :wink:

Punchy Dan:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/volvo-FL7-6x4-Tipper

That Volvo looks tidy “Punchy Dan” for a 1991 model. :smiley:

Thanks for your comments “MANTRONIC"and"kenfig bill” :smiley: :wink:

ArcDaz:
Scammell Routeman for Daz. Hi Dean what a great photo this one is hope you guys are well and keeping good love all the excellent pics that you Mark and Paul put on this site fab work All the Best for now chat soon Darren :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Daz,thanks for your input. Have got some more Routeman stuff to put on but theres a bit of a backlog
in the scanner que ! :laughing: :wink:

HRS:
Good afternoon Dean and All.
Little story about this ERF.
The companys first step fron rigids to artics. unit from Sandbach to York trailers at North Allerton.
Customer had ordered the trailer direct with help from the York Salesman and I was to invoice both unit and trailer.
Arriving to collect the rig and give the unit a check over as all in customers livery and find to my horror a Mofit Mounty fitted to the rear (after build).This was done direct with Moffit and York and customer paid Moffit direct,“this is important” as to what hapened next.
2 miles down the road the rig is all over the place so creep back to base slowly and phone York to ask about ballancing issues.
They were asked after build to allow Moffit to enter there plant and fit the crane, they did.
Following day as arranged I deliver the rig and inform owner and driver I am not happy with the peformance on the combination so a dummy load should be kept up front for safty, also with a covering letter.
End result.
I was held responsible in the eyes of the law, not, I would add by both ERF and my company for the error. I have still not worked that one out but a very expensive freelance engineer ageed York would have to slide the trailer bogie back and re-fix to ballance it out as the company would not accept a false bulkhead with weights.
We had to pay for that !!!
Can you imagine what that trailer would be like back in the second hand market with no crane on. shudder the think.
Anyway, only customer ever to ■■■■ me off and I refused to deal with them from there on. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: Harvey

Intresting story Harvey,not surprised you did not deal with them again. :wink:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Thanks for the photo of their S36 Foden it must have one of the lasts ones made, Regards Larry.

Thanks for your comments Larry,heres another pic of the same Foden. :wink:

L1502p.JPG

The DAF 2800 was a popular motor with drivers. We have had alot of them on here.

A00157.JPG

A00306.JPG

A01882.JPG

A01531.JPG

A01537.JPG

A01596.JPG

A01654.JPG

A01857.JPG

A02137.JPG

A02257.JPG

DAF 2800 brochure.

Click on pages twice to read.