PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

That’s a tidy little Foden tipper of Thomas and sons, I could just go and do a week or two’s work in that! I wonder what engine it has, Gardner 6LXC probably mated with the Fuller gearbox by that time.

Pete.

I mind the convoys o Carefoot 8 wheelers hauling salt into our road depots in Sw Scotland late 70s etc…can mind some o the drivers saying they drove coaches in the summer and on the tippers in winter…they never hung about after tipping usually a cup o tea or a flask o hot water out o the portacabin :smiley:

marktaff:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
I’m almost certain Thomas Brothers were from Wrexham…………… :unamused:

Hi Chris,
Thomas Brother were from Wrexham…they were also a removal company to…when they finished the name was bought along with Casserlys of Shrewsbury and the two names were merged together under the Britannia franchise …went on to be called Thomas Casserlys…I think they finished the Haulage before selling the removal side of the business.

Regards Mark

Hello Mark ,yes Thomas bros were from Wrexham,based down salop road ,they had several Guy J artics ,that ERF was new to Lawley bros from Churchstoke ,thank you Trevor .

DEANB:
One of Fodens own units. We have had pics of it with a low loader on.

img948.jpg

Hi Dean,

Here are a few more photos of Fodens own unit taken on the London to Brighton run in the early eighties, I think it was being used as a tender for their own steam wagon.

img949.jpg

smallcoal:
Hi dean,Westfield are using mercs now as well as scanias I see them when I’m down Cornwall

Thanks for the pics John, did not realise they were running mercs as well now ! :laughing:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Cheers Chris. :wink:

coomsey:
We have had a lot of the A series ERF’s on here. I reckon alot of you will have driven one of these.

The bugas went for ever, I never had one breakdown on me, I did lose an exhaust once though.
Medication Dean? I did lose me tablets but have been on a crash course of Sangria and GnTonic for the last fortnight so should be better, bludy quizzes!! :blush: :smiley:

Cheers “coomsey” hope you had a good holiday chap ! :smiley: :wink:

marktaff:

Hi Chris,
Thomas Brother were from Wrexham…they were also a removal company to…when they finished the name was bought along with Casserlys of Shrewsbury and the two names were merged together under the Britannia franchise …went on to be called Thomas Casserlys…I think they finished the Haulage before selling the removal side of the business.
Regards Mark

Thanks for confirming Mark and for the photo ! :smiley: :wink:

windrush:
That’s a tidy little Foden tipper of Thomas and sons, I could just go and do a week or two’s work in that! I wonder what engine it has, Gardner 6LXC probably mated with the Fuller gearbox by that time.
Pete.

Heres another pic of it Pete. :wink:

A04286p.JPG

JIMBO47:
I mind the convoys o Carefoot 8 wheelers hauling salt into our road depots in Sw Scotland late 70s etc…can mind some o the drivers saying they drove coaches in the summer and on the tippers in winter…they never hung about after tipping usually a cup o tea or a flask o hot water out o the portacabin :smiley:

Thanks for the comment “JIMBO47” :wink:

tastrucker:
Hello Mark ,yes Thomas bros were from Wrexham,based down salop road ,they had several Guy J artics ,that ERF was new to Lawley bros from Churchstoke ,thank you Trevor .

Thanks for your comments Trevor. :wink:

LR Man:
One of Fodens own units. We have had pics of it with a low loader on.

Hi Dean,
Here are a few more photos of Fodens own unit taken on the London to Brighton run in the early eighties, I think it was being used as a tender for their own steam wagon.

Thanks “LR Man” nice pics its a proper looking truck ! :wink:

Heres another pic of it.

L0632p.JPG

coomsey:
advert foden
N much appreciated Dean although I’m more of a D series man nowadays :unamused:

I reckon your winding me up “coomsey” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Your a Foden man.

But heres a bit on the D series for you. :wink:

Click on pages twice.

Mark R:
I can remember Molo… But I don’t remember them having a Transcontinental. Nor do I remember them doing much flat trailer work, mainly fridge trailers with Fodens I remember. Nice pic though.

You were bang on right with that comment “Mark R” come across this clipping on the computer today ! :wink:

molo 75.PNG

Stobart Scania

P4250195p.JPG

Irlam DAF

P4220170p.JPG

Bux Corrugated Volvo

P4250006p.JPG

Whites Renault. Lemonade ■■?

Whites.jpg

Jeffreys Haulage DAF

P4250081p.JPG

RDL Distribution Renault.

P4240038p.JPG

Humphreys & Williams MAN bulker.

P4250127p.JPG

Midland Safe Scania

P4250199p.JPG

Marks & Spencer on trailer. Not sure who owns the ERF ■■?

P4250189p.JPG

P.J.O’Kane smart DAF

P5300003p.JPG

DEANB:
Stobart Scania

Irlam DAF

Bux Corrugated Volvo

Jeffreys Haulage DAF

Midland Safe Scania

P.J.O’Kane smart DAF

Hi Dean, I think the Marks & Spencer ERF is Gist. Regards, Ray.

Hi Dean, Further to my previous comments, I think Gist were formerly BOC Transhield. Regards, Ray.

Ray Smyth:

Paul John:

smallcoal:
Hi Ray,when did Harlesden close ,we used to run can ends from metal box neath to Harlesden every day in my Bedford

Hi John and Ray. Was it Harlesden or Park Royal the address of the Heinz factory?

Hi Paul John, When I drove for Robert Baillie of Horndean,Hampshire and loaded at Heinz, Kitt Green, Wigan,
for the London factory, it was always referred to as Harlesden NW10. I never went to Harlesden, as
the Night Trunk drivers would tip and reload at Harlesden on their journey back to Horndean.
At the time, I was a shunter at the Wigan depot of Robert Baillie. From memory, I think that the
Head Office of Heinz was at Hayes, Middlesex.

Kind Regards, Ray.

Hi Ray. Iirc NW10 covered parts of Wembley, Park Royal, Harlesdon and Wilsden all accesssable off the north circular rd after hanger lane. Living and working there, I’m think the locals may well of had their own geography. Guinness were just down the road, and United Biscuits were there also.

Dean and Paul, the Stevens and Chambers ERF was probably one of the last they ran, as they sold up around 82/83. They also did a lot of lime spreading on farms.

Paul

marktaff:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Hi Chris,

Regards Mark

Hi Mark,
I presume this is the same Casserley’s?

DEANB:

coomsey:
advert foden
N much appreciated Dean although I’m more of a D series man nowadays :unamused:

I reckon your winding me up “coomsey” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Your a Foden man.

But heres a bit on the D series for you. :wink:

Click on pages twice.

Wind up Dean? Never!
One of the best or maybes the best motor I ever had was a D series, at 32t with a 240g in her she went like the wind! N who could fault the Ford 12sp box? Shame they stopped making them. Cheers Coomsey.

Tut tut , traitor , you should be marched in front of Sandbach town hall and your foden badges publicly removed , and banned from the Foden thread forthwith . Anon

pete smith:

marktaff:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Hi Chris,

Regards Mark

Hi Mark,

They have been going for years are they still in business ? thank you Trevor

rigsby:
Tut tut , traitor , you should be marched in front of Sandbach town hall and your foden badges publicly removed , and banned from the Foden thread forthwith . Anon

I hear what you’re saying but you’ve got to take em as you find em Master Rigsby. I mean just the way Ford engineered the fith wheel onto the 5th pot of the 240G was a masterpiece in it’s own right, although I’ll admit the range change on the column was a bit iffy. I seem to think that’s what stopped it being the market leader a 32t during the 70s. Cheers Coomsey :laughing:

pete smith:

marktaff:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Hi Chris,

Regards Mark

Hi Mark,

Hi Pete,
Yes that’s the same Casserly’s…the two company’s were merged together to form Thomas Casserlys under the Britannia frachise…they were both old companies with good names in the moving industry. …I think Casserly’s son may have gone on to start a business of is own in Shrewsbury.

Regards Mark

21472444789_cce4c73500_b.jpg

DEANB:
Possibly Transfleet ■■?

Herts Transport Mercedes.

Astledene Transport Volvo.

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■

Anyone recognise the MAN tanker ■■?

Hayward ERF.

Round Oak Scania.

Wood Waste Services Volvo

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■ Nice set of stacks.

Brindley Volvo.

The Scania wagon and drag car transporter is or should I say was Euro fleet from Islip near Kettering now long gone

DEANB:
Stobart Scania

Irlam DAF

Bux Corrugated Volvo

Jeffreys Haulage DAF

Midland Safe Scania

P.J.O’Kane smart DAF

The whites Renault is nothing to do with R whites lemonade, whites are from Kent ramsgate way I believe, one of theirs had a bad smash a few years ago on the old A3 by the devils punchbowl no ABS Susie fitted braked and jackknifed killing a booker artic driver coming the other way

Yeah, Whites are from down near Manston Airport. They’ve got mainly Mercedes lorries now but have been going for donkeys years. They used to be Orange before they changed to the current yellow livery and a couple of my colleagues used to work on there. A proper old school family haulier.

Whites.jpg