PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:

pv83:
Nice one Dean! Older cranes tend to be overlooked on most forums, although they did had quite an important task :wink:

Now, I might be wrong, as usual, but I reckon itā€™s yankee madeā€¦Link-Belt comes to mindā€¦

Sounds like you got the American bit right Patrick ! :laughing:

oiltreader:
Hi Dean, it is a Lorain founded Iowa 1894.
Oily

Thanks alot ā€œoiltreaderā€ ,i must admit i have never heard of them. An unusual and rare truck to be in the UK.

The 6th picture down of the foden looks like third avenue millbrook rd Southampton .

ramone:
Keep `em coming Dean , some great stuff here :smiley:

kingswinford kit:

ramone:

Yes indeed ,great stuff ,love the(WG) Davies Crusaders ,look forward to more S Wales pics ,thanks ,regards Keith .

Glad you are enjoying them ā€œramoneā€ and Keith. There are alot more from S Wales,you will be pleased to
hear. :wink:

Nice tidy Atkinson with the same company name,how unusual.

Loads of trucks used to have a michelin man back then,dont see them today !

Is that a datsun behind ā– ā– 

DEANB:

pv83:
Nice one Dean! Older cranes tend to be overlooked on most forums, although they did had quite an important task :wink:

Now, I might be wrong, as usual, but I reckon itā€™s yankee madeā€¦Link-Belt comes to mindā€¦

Sounds like you got the American bit right Patrick ! :laughing:

oiltreader:
Hi Dean, it is a Lorain founded Iowa 1894.
Oily

Thanks alot ā€œoiltreaderā€ ,i must admit i have never heard of them. An unusual and rare truck to be in the UK.

ramone:

kingswinford kit:

ramone:

Yes indeed ,great stuff ,love the(WG) Davies Crusaders ,look forward to more S Wales pics ,thanks ,regards Keith .

Glad you are enjoying them ā€œramoneā€ and Keith. There are alot more from S Wales,you will be pleased to
hear. :wink:

Nice tidy Atkinson with the same company name,how unusual.

Loads of trucks used to have a michelin man back then,dont see them today !

Is that a datsun behind ā– ā– 

Is it a Datsun Blubird ā– ā– ? and is it me or does the Merc cab look odd? :open_mouth: :wink:

Buzzer:
Is that a Yardley of Leeds, had Fodenā€™s , looks like tomatoes on the pallet to me but may be wrong. By the way DEANB where did Paul Gee hale from as there are quite a few pictures that look like they were taken in and around Southampton, cheers Buzzer.

Hello Buzzer, Paul has contacted me and confirmed that the company was Yardley from Leeds.

A00334.JPG

Ramone, yes i think it was a datsun. The merc cab looks ok to me ?

Nice old Fiat.

A00057.JPG

A00058.JPG

A00059.JPG

A00060.JPG

A00061.JPG

AM22.JPG

AM23.JPG

AM24.JPG

AM25.JPG

AM26.JPG

Fantastic pics with the promise of some ARC wagons too? I await with bated breath! :slight_smile:

Would all Horace Kendricks Foden tippers have been single drive ? that one in Paul Gees shot certainly looks like a single drive ! Cheers Bewick.

BonkeyDollocks:
Fantastic pics with the promise of some ARC wagons too? I await with bated breath! :slight_smile:

Here you go chap.

A00121.JPG

Bewick:
Would all Horace Kendricks Foden tippers have been single drive ? that one in Paul Gees shot certainly looks like a single drive ! Cheers Bewick.

I think you are right in saying this Dennis Their S 80s drive axle was the hub reduction type, They did have oil seal problems IIRC, Regards Larry.

Bewick:

Most seem to have been Dennis, with high ratio diff and hub reduction on the drive axle like the tractor units. British Salt used a similar set up, I guess they did little off road work?

Pete.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

I think you are right in saying this Dennis Their S 80s drive axle was the hub reduction type, They did have oil seal problems IIRC, Regards Larry.

They probably had no need for DD Larry as they only must have run on ā€œhardā€ surfaces on their job. They used to get up to Millom Iron Works as I recall in the 50ā€™s/60ā€™s but they wouldnā€™t need DD even though it was a bad road. Cheers Dennis.

Saviem.

A00062.JPG

Spanish dodge.

A00063.JPG

A00064.JPG

A00065.JPG

A00066.JPG

Tidy f86

A00067.JPG

A00068.JPG

A00069.JPG

A00070.JPG

A00071.JPG

windrush:

Bewick:

Most seem to have been Dennis, with high ratio diff and hub reduction on the drive axle like the tractor units. British Salt used a similar set up, I guess they did little off road work?

Pete.

And there would be a payload advantage also as every cwt counted I should think ! Cheers Dennis.

Dennis, windrush and Lawrence, heres another one of Kendricks !

AM32.JPG

The blue and white Daf with the single axle trailer is out of Caerphilly/Bedwas. DU-MAC. Thatā€™s going back a few years!

Paul

Paul John:
The blue and white Daf with the single axle trailer is out of Caerphilly/Bedwas. DU-MAC. Thatā€™s going back a few years!

Paul

Well spotted Paul,there are alot from Wales on here.

Today we have, ERF,Atkinson,Mercedes,Guy,Seddon Atkinson,Volvo,Leyland and MAN.

AM27.JPG

AM28.JPG

AM29.JPG

AM30.JPG

AM31.JPG

AM33.JPG

AM35.JPG

AM36.JPG

Bewick:

windrush:

Bewick:

Pete.

And there would be a payload advantage also as every cwt counted I should think ! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis,
All Kendricks 8 leggers had single drive and as I believe what my late Uncle told me them Fodens was not loaded till the body was full :wink:

DEANB:
Saviem.

Spanish dodge.

Tidy f86

The 6 wheel F86 belonged to Heads Transport from Willenhall, Dean thanks again for posting the photoā€™s, itā€™s nice to see the motorā€™s as well as the how road used to be at Ross on Wye before the island was put in and, I think Iā€™m correct in saying, the services both sides of the road before the Ross Spur island, Cheerā€™s Pete, ps. pass on my thanks to Paul for lending you the picā€™s.

Bewick:

windrush:

Bewick:

Pete.

Yes Dennis, those worm and wheel diffs did weigh heavy. Those reduction hubs were not light though, but still less than another drive axle.

Pete.

pete smith:

Bewick:

windrush:

Bewick:

Pete.

Hi Dennis,
All Kendricks 8 leggers had single drive and as I believe what my late Uncle told me them Fodens was not loaded till the body was full :wink:

Thanks for the info Pete, I wonder what happened to Kendricks, mebe they were taken over ? Cheers Dennis.

I seem to think that they (Kendricks) were a victim of the miners strike Dennis and were blacklisted? One of our West Midlands reporters will know for sure! :laughing:

Pete.