PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

marktaff:

smallcoal:
Hi dean the daf is John Pearce of glynneath :smiley:

Apologies this morning John !
I will make sure mate there next time mate :smiley:

No probs mate you should take some pics in the yard lots of interesting trucks there :smiley:

smallcoal:

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Apologies this morning John !
I will make sure mate there next time mate :smiley:

No probs mate you should take some pics in the yard lots of interesting trucks there :smiley:

Yes there are a few gems in our yard…old B reg early 1960s Bedford TK at the back there…old Foden tractor unit and a old Crusader…if you up again have a look…Dean knows you know mate .

DEANB:

240 Gardner:

smallcoal:
Some old and new liveries 3663

Since the demerger of Bidvest’s worldwide food interests from the remainder of their businesses (they are now two separately-quoted businesses on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange), the food side in now seems to have moved on to branding as Bidfood. Bidvest Logistics and PCL Distribution fall under that banner, whilst Ontime Automotive and The Mansfield Group are now completely separated from them

Thanks Chris ! Its amazing the wealth of knowledge that these pics bring out on this thread. :laughing:

It’s all change once more with Bidvest Logistics:

Great to see the Cartransport Dodge. I think they were based at Newhaven depot. Also, check out the driver of the Fiat tipper!..

Morning all,
I took this at truck fest about 2000 ish, Rod Tate was the proud owner of this new Euro star.
He ran out of Shaftsbury but lived down at Weymouth, later selling up and buying a Hotel/Pub near the sea.
Anyone know about him ■■? good man to be with at the show when there was a surplus of beer to get rid of, !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Harvey

The Sun Valley Fiat photo reminded me of when they used to come into Wincanton at Maltby,very often to load for Tesco Chepstow or Asda Bristol.They had underslung fridge units like the one in my photo (well,not mine really :smiley: ) and they were a pain int arse if you didn’t know how to handle them.You started the engine and then had to start the compressor,many a driver would come to me and tell me “it’s not chilling” and I’d go and show them how to start the compressor.
I remember we got saddled with one at Maltby and I was determined to get shut of it,so sent it to Milton Keynes who promptly sent it back next night,so away it went to Trafford Park,but it turned up at Maltby a few days later again. :unamused: As luck would have it,the shed was due MOT so away it went to Chepstow with one of our lads who was instructed to drop it at Hereford and on no account to bring an underslung shed back. :grimacing:

winc29.jpg

Not sure how many Man heavy units pickfords had but I saw one in a yard last month exactly the same .

HRS:
Morning all,
I took this at truck fest about 2000 ish, Rod Tate was the proud owner of this new Euro star.
He ran out of Shaftsbury but lived down at Weymouth, later selling up and buying a Hotel/Pub near the sea.
Anyone know about him ■■? good man to be with at the show when there was a surplus of beer to get rid of, !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Harvey

I had one of those ivecos with m&g containers I loved it big and spacious pity they stopped building them John

The iveco artic tipper could be sun valley food .

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

240 Gardner:

smallcoal:
Some old and new liveries 3663

Since the demerger of Bidvest’s worldwide food interests from the remainder of their businesses (they are now two separately-quoted businesses on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange), the food side in now seems to have moved on to branding as Bidfood. Bidvest Logistics and PCL Distribution fall under that banner, whilst Ontime Automotive and The Mansfield Group are now completely separated from them

Thanks Chris ! Its amazing the wealth of knowledge that these pics bring out on this thread. :laughing:

Don`t know about Best , they could be put in the worst category for tipping with their depot near Felling being near the top of the list

Hi dean,corgi toys made tippers with hoverighams on it,and a guy Amey roadstone

image.jpeg

smallcoal:

Or even Hoveringham Smallcoal!

David

5thwheel:

smallcoal:

David

Just making sure everyone is awake :laughing: :laughing:

smallcoal:

5thwheel:

smallcoal:

David

Just making sure everyone is awake :laughing: :laughing:

Silly arse! :laughing:

Robert

Finally some proper kit back on here Dean! :laughing: Looks brand new doesn’t it? Might as well be a Amazon (see 2nd pic attached), an updated version of the well known Crusader range, which featured a strengthened chassis and heavier axles and hub reductions.

A02255p.JPG

kingswinford kit:
Anyone recognise the Fiat bulker, think it says Hereford on the sheet ■■

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

Hi DEAN ,the Fiat is Sun Valley Hereford ,whilst that DAF looks like John Pierce Glyn Neath to me ,regards Keith

Cheers Keith,thats the first Fiat i can remember seeing for Sun Valley,they have nearly all been Volvos
and a few Leylands. :wink:

smallcoal:

Thanks for confirming what Keith said John and Mark. :wink:

240 Gardner:

[/quote]
[/quote]
Thanks for the info Chris. :smiley:

Mark R:
Great to see the Cartransport Dodge. I think they were based at Newhaven depot. Also, check out the driver of the Fiat tipper!..

That driver was a Cheeky bugger ! :laughing:

HRS:
Morning all,

Dont remember him Harvey. :unamused:

Chris Webb:
The Sun Valley Fiat photo reminded me of when they used to come into Wincanton at Maltby,very often to load for Tesco Chepstow or Asda Bristol.They had underslung fridge units like the one in my photo (well,not mine really :smiley: ) and they were a pain int arse if you didn’t know how to handle them.You started the engine and then had to start the compressor,many a driver would come to me and tell me “it’s not chilling” and I’d go and show them how to start the compressor.
I remember we got saddled with one at Maltby and I was determined to get shut of it,so sent it to Milton Keynes who promptly sent it back next night,so away it went to Trafford Park,but it turned up at Maltby a few days later again. :unamused: As luck would have it,the shed was due MOT so away it went to Chepstow with one of our lads who was instructed to drop it at Hereford and on no account to bring an underslung shed back. :grimacing:

Thanks for your comments Chris. :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
Not sure how many Man heavy units pickfords had but I saw one in a yard last month exactly the same .

Patrick may know Dan ! :wink:

ramone:

Don`t know about Best , they could be put in the worst category for tipping with their depot near Felling being near the top of the list

:laughing: :laughing:

smallcoal:

Thanks for the pics John. :smiley:

Some intresting pics in this article.

Click on pages twice.

Lyons Tetley F88.

A03826p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Foden,has W on the front ■■?

A03820p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the door of the F86 ■■

A03817p.JPG

Prim Mercedes.

A03818.JPG

C.M.Krelle & Sons ERF

A03874.JPG

Transcontinental FIAT.

A03879p.JPG

Peter Bowker Scania.

A03894.JPG

Chris Webb may know who operated this Marathon ■■

A03897p.JPG

Morfa Marathon.

A03996p.JPG

BRS SCania pulling an unusual Hoover trailer.

A04005p.JPG

DEANB:
Some intresting pics in this article.

Click on pages twice.

Hi Dean, This Huntley & Palmers Foden was probably based at their biscuit factory
about 1 mile from the Liverpool end of the M62. I believe Huntley & Palmers had
another factory at Reading. Regards, Ray.

Heres one for “moomooland”

One for Pete Smith.

A03895.JPG

One for 240Gardner.

p & o mrcedes.PNG

One for “FLOURPOWER”

One for “smallcoal”

wales fordw psw.PNG

One for “JAKEY”

One for Harvey.

volvo f88.jpg

One for “Chris Webb”