PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

newmercman:
No doubt that will soon be a thing, although with everyone running plain white lorries now, it won’t be the same.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

That was one thing I noticed when I was in the USA recently, there were very few, if any stand-out liveries. Mainly white with minimal writing on the units or trailers.

DEANB:

newmercman:
That Scania looks to be in the colours of a firm out of the Teesside area, I think they were called Robinson? They ran a good few S ride F10s in later years.

Thanks for the name. :wink:

Chris Webb:
Aye,F and F Robinson newmercman,they had some half cab Fodens years ago. The Scania has a GB Glasgow plate but I don’t recognise the livery from that area.I know somebody who might know it. :smiley:

:laughing:

kenfig bill:
Hi Dean,
The BRS DAF here is coming out of the old entrance to Swansea dock…it’s pulling a B + I line trailer…B + I used Swansea dock for freight from Ireland back in the late 70s early 80s. …Morris Bros were the main contractor though. Regards Mark

Hello DEAN and Mark …yes i can remember Morris Bros doing that work …a mate of mine has got a shot of Foden S40 ECY 614K …he also did scrap in and out of Neath Abbey wharf…big fleet they had with Scammells as well …they also had a unusual Dennis artic …Joint Motorways also had one …Geraint

Thanks for your comments Geraint. :wink:

Limey:
The ERF is wearing the colours of Walsh’s from Haslington, bit of a strange one because they tended to hold on to their vehicles but also kept them tidy.

Thanks for the name “Limey” :wink:

FLOURPOWER:
Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?
Looks Ex Wilson King flour they had that style headboard they are based in Liverpool looks like a Carmichael of Worcester tank cheers Keith

Thanks for the name “FLOURPOWER”. Looks like Walsh’s and Wilson King must have had very similar
colour chemes ■■? :unamused: :wink:

SCANTASTIC:
Anyone recognise the Scania ■■? It looks like S&H McCall from Glasgow.

Thanks for the name “SCANTASTIC” :smiley:

scania81:
Morning Dean,
Thanks for the Western brs Daf photo,
My gut feeling says it would be Swansea or Carmarthen based but that MWS R prefix was scattered amongst lots of Western depots.
Bridgend had 4 Dafs that year.Here is 1 in the new colours in the ranks.
Dai

This is another Bridgend Daf with the old colours Dean.
[/quote]
Thanks for the comments and photos of the BRS DAF’s Dai. :smiley: :wink:

marktaff:
Hello DEAN and Mark …yes i can remember Morris Bros doing that work …a mate of mine has got a shot of Foden S40 ECY 614K …he also did scrap in and out of Neath Abbey wharf…big fleet they had with Scammells as well …they also had a unusual Dennis artic …Joint Motorways also had one …Geraint

Hi Geraint,
Yes i also remember the scrap in and out of Neath Abbey Wharf to…I would always go with my father on a Saturday morning load out of the Wharf up to the Spencer works then in Newport…then scrap back to the Wharf…the Foden S40 ECY 614K you mention here my father drove for a while on that scrap run…he also drove a Scammell Routeman TWN 47H for a while on the coal runs…I also remember the Dennis they had it pulled those single axle bulker trailers along with the Bedford KMs they had.
Attaching a photo of ECY 614K it’s not mine but hope who it belongs to don’t mind me posting it, also the Bedford KMs I mentioned alongside it.
Regards Mark
[/quote]
Thanks for your comments Mark,good looking Foden in your photo ! :smiley:
[/quote]
Hi Dean…Yes it was a lovely looking truck …Morris Bros realy did keep the appearance of there vehicles along with the buses and coaches top notch…that S40 Foden was one of three for some reason they always used each one on low loader work to…they also did Civil Engineering so had a lot of plant machines.
Another photo attached of one of the Fodens with a low loader trailer.

Regards Mark

images.jpg

JAKEY:
Thank you DEANB for the BRS photos, the Roadtrain was a Swindon vehicle and did a lot of shows when it was new , REG Number A636SOU , At Oxford we had A638, 639 ,640 and 641 .

Pictured is A638SOU fleet number TAG171 , Jock Fulton had this from new and kept it like in the photo , it got trashed after he went on the Vetrox contract with a ERF E6 rigid ,second photo is how it ended up ,in a right mess .

Thought you would like those chap ! :wink: Thanks for the comments and pics. :smiley:

acd1202:
That Scania looks to be in the colours of a firm out of the Teesside area, I think they were called Robinson? They ran a good few S ride F10s in later years.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Aye,F and F Robinson newmercman,they had some half cab Fodens years ago. The Scania has a GB Glasgow plate but I don’t recognise the livery from that area.I know somebody who might know it. :smiley:
[/quote]
I can see what you both mean by F&F Robinson, but I have another suggestion. I think it could be N T Whitfield from Stockton, they are still in business. It’s the silver/grey band around the windows and the load, in those days they did a lot of work for BSC Hartlepool tube mill that makes me think that. Perhaps a suitably aged Teesider could adjudicate.
[/quote]
Thanks for the comments chaps not easy trying to identify some of these but then again we are going
back 40 odd years !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

gingerfold:

newmercman:
No doubt that will soon be a thing, although with everyone running plain white lorries now, it won’t be the same.

That was one thing I noticed when I was in the USA recently, there were very few, if any stand-out liveries. Mainly white with minimal writing on the units or trailers.

I must admit the trucks of today are just boring ,they all look pretty similar and like “newmercman” says
there are loads of white ones about. I really mis the old colour schemes and the stunning sign writing
which was an art in itself. :cry:

Did you take any truck pics Graham ■■? :unamused: :wink:

marktaff:
Thanks for your comments Mark,good looking Foden in your photo !

Hi Dean…Yes it was a lovely looking truck …Morris Bros realy did keep the appearance of there vehicles along with the buses and coaches top notch…that S40 Foden was one of three for some reason they always used each one on low loader work to…they also did Civil Engineering so had a lot of plant machines.
Another photo attached of one of the Fodens with a low loader trailer.Regards Mark

Thanks again another good pic Mark ! :wink:

British Industrial Sand.

2017-06-30 19.21.00.jpg

A01992.JPG

A02618.JPG

AW130119.JPG

A00290.JPG

Click on page twice to read.

Alford Traffic Services Volvo F86.

A02213p.JPG

Newmans Transport Berliet bulker.

A02361.JPG

Mason Bros Foden.

A02369.JPG

B.Nobes Transport Volvo F7 bulker.

A02371.JPG

Axminster Transport Volvo F10.

A02372.JPG

Cadbury Schweppes ERF.

A02379.JPG

R & W Febry’s & Sons Volvo F86.

A02383.JPG

New Foden dump truck which is probably on its way to Southampton docks for where ever its
gonna end up abroad.

A02393.JPG

Memory Lane Cakes Roadtrain.

A02400.JPG

Gleeson Foden low loader.

A02404.JPG

smallcoal:
I bet these not limited to 56 :laughing:

They should be limited to the carpark ,what a complete waste of tax payers money. They should be out catching proper criminals not drivers trying to earn a living

I remember British Industrial Sand well,they were very handy for a lift over Woodhead to Sheffield when parked up at Stockport on a dodgy.Always ERF 8-leggers which were double shifted out of Chelford.
Back in around 1961,Autumn time,I was in RAF in Norfolk and used to thumb it to Sheffield on my days off.I got a lift to King’s Lynn and was waiting where the A47 split with the A17,about 2000 hrs.Two BIS LAD Octopusses came and first one stopped,they ran out of a sand quarry at Middleton just east of Lynn on the A47.Both were loaded with sand for Knottingley glassworks,so a lift to A1/A57 Worksop island was great.As we dropped down into Newark,pre by-pass days, it got very foggy,really bad,and we crawled with rest of trunkers over level crossing and onto the three lane bit that passed the sugar factory.My driver’s pal in front decided he was going to pass all the wagons in front so my lad followed him :open_mouth: .Now I’m a good passenger but I have to say I was sh*t scared in that suicide lane and was I glad when we got onto the A1 dual carriageway north of Newark.I got out at Five Lane Ends and a market wagon out of Boston picked me up.When I told driver about BIS he said “aye the two daft barstewards passed me int fog at Newark”. :laughing:
The livery in those days was either a very dark blue or black with white signwriting,not sure about the camel ont back though,was it Humphrey or summat? :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing:

DEANB:
Heres some BRS trucks “marktaff and JAKEY” :wink:

Click on pages twice.

The comment about the “tidy sheeting” of the Big J has obviously been made by either 1) Someone who uses a white stick or 2) They haven’t got a ■■■■■■■ clue what constitutes a “tidy” job ! But then again that effort was about par for the course as regards the standard of BRS’s sheeting and roping ! Cheers Bewick.

ramone:

smallcoal:

They should be limited to the carpark ,what a complete waste of tax payers money. They should be out catching proper criminals not drivers trying to earn a living

Quite agree with you Remone, “why a six wheeler” have they money to burn ■■? Harvey

OK, lets lighten the mood up a bit… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Harvey

turd.jpg

DEANB:

gingerfold:

newmercman:

I must admit the trucks of today are just boring ,they all look pretty similar and like “newmercman” says
there are loads of white ones about. I really mis the old colour schemes and the stunning sign writing
which was an art in itself. :cry:

Did you take any truck pics Graham ■■? :unamused: :wink:

I posted a few on Oily’s Past, Present, and Inbetween thread.

DEANB:
P & O Roadways ERF .Chris will like that one.

I did, thank you - in fact, it looks like a Pandoro trailer behind it. For a brief period, NW Roadways subbed for Pandoro in the late 1970s. I’m not sure why, and it certainly didn’t last long. From what I remember of running them, it didn’t go well either, as they were Liverpool-based container drivers, some of whom were not at all enthralled by the idea of tipping and loading big loads on flats, with an amount of handball thrown in

ramone:

smallcoal:

:wink:

Chris Webb:
I remember British Industrial Sand well,they were very handy for a lift over Woodhead to Sheffield when parked up at Stockport on a dodgy.Always ERF 8-leggers which were double shifted out of Chelford.
Back in around 1961,Autumn time,I was in RAF in Norfolk and used to thumb it to Sheffield on my days off.I got a lift to King’s Lynn and was waiting where the A47 split with the A17,about 2000 hrs.Two BIS LAD Octopusses came and first one stopped,they ran out of a sand quarry at Middleton just east of Lynn on the A47.Both were loaded with sand for Knottingley glassworks,so a lift to A1/A57 Worksop island was great.As we dropped down into Newark,pre by-pass days, it got very foggy,really bad,and we crawled with rest of trunkers over level crossing and onto the three lane bit that passed the sugar factory.My driver’s pal in front decided he was going to pass all the wagons in front so my lad followed him :open_mouth: .Now I’m a good passenger but I have to say I was sh*t scared in that suicide lane and was I glad when we got onto the A1 dual carriageway north of Newark.I got out at Five Lane Ends and a market wagon out of Boston picked me up.When I told driver about BIS he said “aye the two daft barstewards passed me int fog at Newark”. :laughing:
The livery in those days was either a very dark blue or black with white signwriting,not sure about the camel ont back though,was it Humphrey or summat? :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds like those pics brought back some memories Chris ! :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:
Heres some BRS trucks “marktaff and JAKEY”
The comment about the “tidy sheeting” of the Big J has obviously been made by either 1) Someone who uses a white stick or 2) They haven’t got a [zb] clue what constitutes a “tidy” job ! But then again that effort was about par for the course as regards the standard of BRS’s sheeting and roping ! Cheers Bewick.

Quality Dennis ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HRS:
OK, lets lighten the mood up a bit… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Harvey

:laughing:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
P & O Roadways ERF .Chris will like that one.

I did, thank you - in fact, it looks like a Pandoro trailer behind it. For a brief period, NW Roadways subbed for Pandoro in the late 1970s. I’m not sure why, and it certainly didn’t last long. From what I remember of running them, it didn’t go well either, as they were Liverpool-based container drivers, some of whom were not at all enthralled by the idea of tipping and loading big loads on flats, with an amount of handball thrown in

Thanks for the comments Chris. :wink:

We have had a fair few of Hoveringham’s trucks on here.

AT35.JPG

AZ0002.JPG

BC0030.JPG

BF0003.JPG

BF0011.JPG

A00155.JPG

A00204.JPG

BC0024.JPG

A02401.JPG

A02269.JPG

Click on pages once or twice to read.

hoveringham1978.PNG.jpg

hoveringham 1976.PNG

ad cm  1973 aug hoveringham merc.jpg

Dodge Car transporter.

A03834.JPG

Anyone recognise the Fiat bulker, think it says Hereford on the sheet ■■

A03836p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo F10 ■■?

A03838p.JPG

Bryken Volvo F7

A03849p.JPG

Pickford’s MAN.

A03852p.JPG

Anyone recognise the MAN 8 wheeler ■■

A03869.JPG

ERF of C.M.Krelle & Sons. Dennis i await your comments re the sheeting !! :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

A03871p.JPG

Haynes Potatoes Volvo F86.

A03872p.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

A03875p.JPG

Free Foresters Mercedes.

A03889p.JPG

DEANB:
Dodge Car transporter.

Bryken Volvo F7

Pickford’s MAN.

ERF of C.M.Krelle & Sons. Dennis i await your comments re the sheeting !! :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Free Foresters Mercedes.

Hi DEAN ,the Fiat is Sun Valley Hereford ,whilst that DAF looks like John Pierce Glyn Neath to me ,regards Keith

Hi dean the daf is John Pearce of glynneath :smiley:

kingswinford kit:

DEANB:
Dodge Car transporter.

A03875p.jpg

Bryken Volvo F7

Pickford’s MAN.

Free Foresters Mercedes.

Hi DEAN ,the Fiat is Sun Valley Hereford ,whilst that DAF looks like John Pierce Glyn Neath to me ,regards Keith

Hi Dean and Keith,
Yes i think that is an early John Pearce Glyn Neath to.

Regards Mark

smallcoal:
Hi dean the daf is John Pearce of glynneath :smiley:

Apologies this morning John !
I will make sure mate there next time mate :smiley: