PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Click on pages twice to view.

Early days of vosa wonder how many had a gv9 :laughing: :laughing:

Brian Shellard Volvo F88

A03896p.JPG

R.E.Matthews FIAT.

A03823p.JPG

I dont know if the Volvo is John Smith’s as not sign written.

A03825p.JPG

My first car was a mini like on the Roadtrain transporter. Saw one the other day and could
not believe how small it was ! :laughing:

A03830p.JPG

W.M.Hatton Volvo F10.

A03833.JPG

Something chemicals ■■ on the Atkinson.

A03861p.JPG

Coates haulage ERF.

A03860p.JPG

R.Carter & Sons Scania 111.

A03867p.JPG

Theres some strange names on some of these trucks. Gelli Aur Services Volvo.

A03870p.JPG

Paul Rea MAN.

A03988p.JPG

DEANB:
My first car was a mini like on the Roadtrain transporter. Saw one the other day and could

Me too. It was not unusual to fit four (or more) young louts into a Mini. I bet a modern Mini is as big and heavy as a Granada. Before I receive a ruler across the knuckles for digressing into c*rs again, the same “size creep” phenomenon has also afflicted lorries. Someone post a pic of a Roadtrain next to an XF.

Gelli Aur Services came from the area of Gelli Aur near Llandeilo West Wales think they operated from Berach Farm carried steel bars from Duport Steels of Llanelli

Hi dean the tanker is Quaker chemicals on the side cheers John

[zb]
anorak:

DEANB:

Me too. It was not unusual to fit four (or more) young louts into a Mini. I bet a modern Mini is as big and heavy as a Granada. Before I receive a ruler across the knuckles for digressing into c*rs again, the same “size creep” phenomenon has also afflicted lorries. Someone post a pic of a Roadtrain next to an XF.

Me to, Mine was an ex Macfisheries van, loved it… could never get rid of the small of fish, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Harvey

DEANB:
A03861p.JPG

Ordinarily, you’d expect the wide grille to signify that this has a 240 Gardner under the bonnet, but I suspect it;s one of the ultra-rare Rolls-Royce 280 models.

Sister vehicle SUU 143N still exists, albeit not in a very good state:

SUU 143N - Atkinson Borderer - 280 Rolls Royce - X Gerry Cottle’s Circus by homer----simpson, on Flickr

As you can guess by the headboard, it previously worked for Gerry Cottle’s Circus

DEANB:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Some odds and sods.

Cheapskate has bought a new unit without power steering! (no header tank on the back of the cab)

Well spotted Chris were you wearing your anorak when you spotted that ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

anorak.gif

smallcoal:

Samuel Williams from Chequers Lane Dagenham worked for Quaker Chemicals,not my photo.

swtt2.jpg

Hi Dean, great batch of photo’s again from Paul. Dean you have a great memory, yes it was M&D. They ran a nice fleet.
Regards Paul

Paul John:
Hi Dean, great batch of photo’s again from Paul. Dean you have a great memory, yes it was M&D. They ran a nice fleet.
Regards Paul

yes, M&D, they had a tidy fleet and subbed for us at Turners. They had a lady driver, name was Janet IIRC.

[zb]
anorak:

Very true about the size of cars and trucks,the new stuff dwarfs alot of the older models. :wink:

ianto:
Gelli Aur Services came from the area of Gelli Aur near Llandeilo West Wales think they operated from Berach Farm carried steel bars from Duport Steels of Llanelli

Thanks for your comment Ian. :smiley:

smallcoal:

Thanks for the name John. :wink:

HRS:

Me to, Mine was an ex Macfisheries van, loved it… could never get rid of the small of fish, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Harvey

You needed a jar of coffee Harvey. :laughing: :wink:

240 Gardner:

Ordinarily, you’d expect the wide grille to signify that this has a 240 Gardner under the bonnet, but I suspect it;s one of the ultra-rare Rolls-Royce 280 models.
Sister vehicle SUU 143N still exists, albeit not in a very good state:
As you can guess by the headboard, it previously worked for Gerry Cottle’s Circus
[/quote]
Thanks for the info and pic Chris ! :smiley: :wink:

The anorak was quality chap,made me laugh ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Chris Webb:

Samuel Williams from Chequers Lane Dagenham worked for Quaker Chemicals,not my photo.
[/quote]
Thanks for your comment Chris ! :smiley: Heres another Samuel Williams motor. :wink:

CQ0016.JPG

gingerfold:
Regards Paul.
yes, M&D, they had a tidy fleet and subbed for us at Turners. They had a lady driver, name was Janet IIRC.

Thanks for your comments Paul and Graham. Think i have an article about them somewhere. :wink:

BFI Fiats.

paulgee bfi1.JPG

paulgee bfi.JPG

advert bfi ppg.PNG

Bubbs,there is a bit here about Western Transport ! :wink:

Click on page twice.

Scottish Road Services Guy.

L1282p.JPG

advert scottish guy ppg.PNG

Currys Seddon Atkinson.

A04257p.JPG

Cleansing Service Group DAF.

A04130p.JPG

Brekkes Scammell Crusader.

A04131p.JPG

Albion ■■ Anyone recognise it.

A.C.L. Maggie.

A04133p.JPG

Cahalin Volvo F10.

A04147p.JPG

Pitter Seddon Atkinson.

A04148p.JPG

Dunns (Shildon) Ltd Seddon Atkinson.

A04152p.JPG

Brain Haulage DAF.

A04159p.JPG

Ess-Food Foden.

A04174p.JPG

Another great selection… Particularly the contrast between the immaculate ERF of Coates and the tatty old MAN of Paul Rea. She’s certainly been worked hard.

A03988p.JPG

caddy1:

caddy1:

DEANB:
Taylor’s transport Marathon.

Two Findus Volvo F7’s and a Thomas Allen Seddon Atkinson.

B.Thompson & Son’s Seddon Atkinson.

Geo Blackett Scania from Newcastle.

Hi Dean looks like my post doesn’t make sense I meant the pictures of cadwallader bros scania 80 do you know where it was taken that was 1 of 3 that came from B&W motors ex Williams bros it was a shame signrighting was wrong way round should have been red shadings
Cheers Ian

Cadwallader Scania

Hi Dean missed this photo another great shot don’t remember that trailer though that’s Fred driving that the signew righting was wrong on these and lighter shade of green more please
Cheers Ian

Hello Ian i can remember your fathers wagons at GKN Hadley loadind scrap ,Did you ever come up to Shotton ? thank you Trevor .

DEANB:
J.Jackson & Sons Volvo F88 a great pic of Jacksons F88 with a load of pickled & oiled strip out of Brinsworth strip mill Rotherham

Anyone recognise the Atkinon ■■?

Cant make the name out on the Foden ■■

Anyone recognise the FIAT ■■?

Pan Europeenne Unic at Poole docks,where they had a office.

Fina Leyland Cruiser.

Northwest Foden.

Anyone recognise the Crusader ■■?

Climax Marathon.

Thomas Bros F12 from Wales.

ERF-NGC-European:
Isn’t this the one Jimski drove? He made a prize-winning 1:24 model of it, on display at Gaydon last weekend. Robert

Morning Robert,
Jimski told me the Scammell was purchased secondhand by Meachers and was a horrible dull green in colour so Meaches put some stickers on it and sent it to work! Not sure if it was sprayed in the fleet colours later? Cheer’s Pete

smallcoal:

DEANB:
Click on pages twice to view.

Early days of vosa wonder how many had a gv9 :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: My younger brother (now retired) was a senior engineer/inspector with VOSA for many years, I used the threaten him with physical violence if he ever came near my lorry or car with his bloody ‘tapping hammer’. The bar steward once told me the spacing was wrong on my car number plates…“Pi*s off”
He was (and is) a great guy, but when he was doing his job :unamused: …let’s just say he had a reputation…and it wasn’t complimentary.

Albion ■■ Anyone recognise it.

A.C.L. Maggie.

Cahalin Volvo F10.

Hi Dean,

The Albion is Charltons of Funtley Fareham Hampshire

The Maggie is one of Pitters in customers colours.

Colin Cahalin was an owner driver based in Southampton,

Once again many thanks for all your hard work on this thread,and the brilliant photo’s Paul took.

Regards
Richard