PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Thanks Bubbs,
I have reached an age when I can handle dissapointment. :blush: :blush: Harvey

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
Cracking set of photo’s mate,
The Bedford is from Newport Shropshire and judging by the registration number was probably supplied by Adams of Tipton,sorry I cannot make out the name on the cab either, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the comments Pete ! :wink:

Buzzer:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
Cracking set of photo’s mate,
The Bedford is from Newport Shropshire and judging by the registration number was probably supplied by Adams of Tipton,sorry I cannot make out the name on the cab either, Cheer’s Pete

Looks like AJ McNiel but defo a Mc summit, Buzzer.

:laughing: :wink:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Some odds and sods.

Cheapskate has bought a new unit without power steering! (no header tank on the back of the cab)

Well spotted Chris were you wearing your anorak when you spotted that ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bubbleman:
Hiya,Sorry Harvey,wrong Clark…J.E.Clark hailed from Chipping Sodbury,SHY 800S was driven by the late Rodney Mingo,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thanks for your previous comment about this Volvo Harvey ! :wink: Nice pic Bubbs thanks for popping it on chap,
same reg as well ! :laughing: :wink:

Heres a couple more of there volvo’s,and an ERF.

L0504p.JPG

A02032.JPG

A02630.JPG

Dave.h:
Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?
The Scania Manchester Haulage and Warehousing, Trafford Park Road Trafford Park. Used to be the warehouse with the mural on the side of it near Trafford swing bridge. Also for some reason the Scania’s had different colour grilles some bright red or green.

Thanks for the comments Dave,and welcome to Trucknet ! :laughing: :wink:

pete smith:
Do you remember Pete D I Gillespie from Mkt Drayton they did similar work to Mallons ? thank you Trevor

Morning Trevor,
Gillespie rings a bell, can’t picture the motor’s but remember seeing them about as the A41 was a regular haunt for my first 4 years of driving, Pete
[/quote]
Thanks for your comments Pete and Trevor. :smiley:

HRS:
Thanks Bubbs,
I have reached an age when I can handle dissapointment. :blush: :blush: Harvey

:laughing: :laughing:

Just too many companies harvey to try and keep track of them all ! :wink:

Meachers Transport from Southampton.

A00341.JPG

A00322.JPG

A00301.JPG

A04150.JPG

P2140047p.JPG

P2140129.JPG

paulgee meachers.JPG

Meachers Transport.

Click on pages twice to read.

Anyone recognise the FIAT ■■

A02075.JPG

W.H.Malcolm MAN.

A02112.JPG

Taunton Meat Maggie.

A02139.JPG

Harris ERF.

A02143.JPG

Humber Kitchens DAF.

A02195.JPG

F.Spence & Son Volvo F86. Looks like its on contract to Alford traffic Services.

A02196.JPG

Blue Circle Foden.

A02204.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF bulker ■■ Initials look like either CT or GT ■■?

A02216.JPG

W. Sweeting & Sons tidy Scania 111 bulker.

A02232.JPG

A.W.Price Volvo F86. Is this a Welsh company ■■?

A02754.JPG

Posted this Welsh marathon further up the page could it be R & D Transport ■■?

A03989p.JPG

DEANB:
Taylor’s transport Marathon.

Two Findus Volvo F7’s and a Thomas Allen Seddon Atkinson.

B.Thompson & Son’s Seddon Atkinson.

Geo Blackett Scania from Newcastle.

Cadwallader Scania

Hi Dean missed this photo another great shot don’t remember that trailer though that’s Fred driving that the signew righting was wrong on these and lighter shade of green more please
Cheers Ian

Great pictures today again… especially the JE Clark motors. We used to see these alot when my dad was on the tippers in the 70s & early 80s. I seem to remember them having some Dafs as well.

DEANB:
J.E.Clark & Co Volvo F10.

F.J.Meakin Volvo F7.

Jeremy Walker F12.

Steetley Roadtrain.

Anyone recognise the Bedford ■■ Think it says Newport on the door.

Clayton FIAT.

Axminster Berliet.

Betchworth DAF 3300 low loader.

Marathon from Cardiff, cant make name out on door ■■?

Hi Dean,

The blue Scania is from Manchester haulage and storage,Trafford Park.

David

Hi Dean,
This ERF is Clyha Transport…I’m not sure if that’s the way it was spelt…but I remember those trucks well…I think they were based on Newport… I’m sure someone will confirm !
Regards Mark

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
This ERF is Clyha Transport…I’m not sure if that’s the way it was spelt…but I remember those trucks well…I think they were based on Newport… I’m sure someone will confirm

Post the truck would be good :blush:

A02216.jpg

Hi Dean and marktaff. Yes Dean, those Gulliver’s photo’s certainly brought back memories. I remember Axminster Transport and enjoy Cliff’'s thread.
Taunton Meat Haulage which shows a Deutz of theirs and there was another company down that way, not Harding’s the name escapes me but they had a nice fleet of Volvo’s. The cabs were a shade of burgundy!
Mark, Clytha Transport were from Newport as you said, based in a scrap yard not far from the docks. Not sure if they had a scrap metal business or just provided transport. They had a bunch of B series ERF 8 wheelers and a few Deutz’s as well. They also worked on the coal.

Paul

Double post!

Good morning dean,
Thanks for posting the article on Meachers transport, great read.
I remember when the boat show came to Southampton Bob ( at the Westquay road site) would have all the trucks parked up all over Southampton and he would sit on a stool by a sign, PARKING FOR THE SHOW taking a fiver from each car that came in, dont know why but know one else was ever allowed to do that job. “from little acorns eh!” A very nice chap. Harvey

Isn’t this the one Jimski drove? He made a prize-winning 1:24 model of it, on display at Gaydon last weekend. Robert

A00341.JPG

Hi dean ,here is the model he made which is off the model truck thread which he put on cheers John

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

caddy1:

DEANB:
Taylor’s transport Marathon.

Two Findus Volvo F7’s and a Thomas Allen Seddon Atkinson.

B.Thompson & Son’s Seddon Atkinson.

Geo Blackett Scania from Newcastle.

Hi Dean looks like my post doesn’t make sense I meant the pictures of cadwallader bros scania 80 do you know where it was taken that was 1 of 3 that came from B&W motors ex Williams bros it was a shame signrighting was wrong way round should have been red shadings
Cheers Ian

Cadwallader Scania

Hi Dean missed this photo another great shot don’t remember that trailer though that’s Fred driving that the signew righting was wrong on these and lighter shade of green more please
Cheers Ian

caddy1:
Cadwallader Scania

Hi Dean missed this photo another great shot don’t remember that trailer though that’s Fred driving that the signew righting was wrong on these and lighter shade of green more please.
Cheers Ian

You never know Ian there may be more,not sure. :wink:

Mark R:
Great pictures today again… especially the JE Clark motors. We used to see these alot when my dad was on the tippers in the 70s & early 80s. I seem to remember them having some Dafs as well.

Glad your enjoying the pics still Mark. :smiley:

5thwheel:

Hi Dean,The blue Scania is from Manchester haulage and storage,Trafford Park.David

Thanks for confirming the name David. :smiley:

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
This ERF is Clyha Transport…I’m not sure if that’s the way it was spelt…but I remember those trucks well…I think they were based on Newport… I’m sure someone will confirm !
Regards Mark

Thanks for the name Mark ! :wink:

Paul John:
Hi Dean and marktaff. Yes Dean, those Gulliver’s photo’s certainly brought back memories. I remember Axminster Transport and enjoy Cliff’'s thread.
Taunton Meat Haulage which shows a Deutz of theirs and there was another company down that way, not Harding’s the name escapes me but they had a nice fleet of Volvo’s. The cabs were a shade of burgundy!
Mark, Clytha Transport were from Newport as you said, based in a scrap yard not far from the docks. Not sure if they had a scrap metal business or just provided transport. They had a bunch of B series ERF 8 wheelers and a few Deutz’s as well. They also worked on the coal.
Paul

Hello Paul, there were alot of meat hauliers back then. Was it M & D Transport they run Volvo’s ? :unamused: :wink:

HRS:
Good morning dean,
Thanks for posting the article on Meachers transport, great read.
I remember when the boat show came to Southampton Bob ( at the Westquay road site) would have all the trucks parked up all over Southampton and he would sit on a stool by a sign, PARKING FOR THE SHOW taking a fiver from each car that came in, dont know why but know one else was ever allowed to do that job. “from little acorns eh!” A very nice chap. Harvey

Its nice to see an old company still going Harvey. :wink: Sounds like Bob would have made a fortune at a
fiver a car ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ERF-NGC-European:
Isn’t this the one Jimski drove? He made a prize-winning 1:24 model of it, on display at Gaydon last weekend. Robert.

Dont know chap,hopefully he may look in and confirm ■■ :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,here is the model he made which is off the model truck thread which he put on cheers John

Thanks for the pics John, good looking model. :smiley:

caddy1:
Hi Dean looks like my post doesn’t make sense I meant the pictures of cadwallader bros scania 80 do you know where it was taken that was 1 of 3 that came from B&W motors ex Williams bros it was a shame signrighting was wrong way round should have been red shadings
Cheers Ian.

Paul will read that and let me know Ian. :wink:

Click on pages twice to view.