Anyone recognise the smart 113 unit ■■?

P3020091.JPG

Nice looking Foden of A.J.Anstey & Son.

P8120360p.JPG

Tidy Sunhill Volvo.

P8150045p.JPG

RMC DAF

P8150128p.JPG

Smart looking Mansell Davies Volvo F12. It looks like a day cab ?

P8150055p.JPG

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages once or twice to read.

Intresting little read about delivering flowers back in 1966.

Atlas Express 1969.

Harper & Mylrea 1969.

1969 harper & mylrea liverpoolppg.PNG

Some adverts from 1973.

Some from the truck show.

Star.

A03021p.JPG

Seddon Atkinson 300

Merecedes.

Ford Transcontinental.

Dennis.

ERF

Leyland Roadtrain.

A03033p.JPG

Magirus Deutz.

DAF

Dodge 300

A03013.JPG

DEANB:
Roadferry ERF

Anyone recognise the ERF logger ■■?

Top Pops Mercedes.

Freightliner Iveco.

Fred Cross Volvo

Anyone recognise the smart 113 unit ■■?

Nice looking Foden of A.J.Anstey & Son.

Tidy Sunhill Volvo.
Morning dean sun hill were from north wales he got a carline tilt on behind him

RMC DAF

Smart looking Mansell Davies Volvo F12. It looks like a day cab ?

DEANB:

FLOURPOWER:
ENJOY TODAYS SELECTION

Nice pics “FLOURPOWER”. :smiley: If anyone is intrested i put an article about Santa Fe on page 162.

Dean, it’s 4.41 am or 14.41 what are you doing posting at this time of the morning ■■ there is nothing that would get me up at, well, nearley nothing, 4.41 in the morning and it would have nothing to do with trucks, “near pehaps”, but not trucks. good on you pall !!!.
All the talk about hub reduction, let me add a few points. Tractive effort, spreads the loading when pulling away and on hills, all the little planetary gears spreading the load and of course a much smaller diff pan so no resistants with muck when off road. down side, weight and maintenance costs, there !! had to add my bit :unamused: :unamused: cheers Harvey

SHOW PICS TODAY TO FOLLOW ON WITH PAULS PHOTOS POSTED BY DEAN B.

img412 (2).jpg

img410 (2).jpg

img410 (4).jpg

240 Gardner:

dave docwra:
Hi, Does anyone recognise this old girl, I stumbled across her in a yard along with a MK2 Marathon in Irthlingborough, I think she may have been an ex Agnew & Lithgow unit originally going by her registration number HSJ950N.

New to Osborne’s of Kilmarnock, apparently, and used to carry whisky. Here it is in 2007, at the Great Dorset Steam Fair:

1975 Atkinson Borderer HSJ950N by Martin Smith, on Flickr

And when in the ownership of Jim Horn:

Guy Big J4T (B101 SFK) & Atkinson Borderer (HSJ 950N) by Jim Horn, on Flickr

Later, it passed to Ian Roberts of Carnoustie:

HSJ 950N Atkinson Borderer by Jim Horn, on Flickr

Later still:
Atkinson Borderer HSJ 950N by Gyles Carpenter, on Flickr

Sad to see it falling on hard times now :frowning:

Thanks for the info, I am going to try & find out who owns it & see if it is up for sale. Dave.

dave docwra:

240 Gardner:

dave docwra:
Hi, Does anyone recognise this old girl, I stumbled across her in a yard along with a MK2 Marathon in Irthlingborough, I think she may have been an ex Agnew & Lithgow unit originally going by her registration number HSJ950N.

New to Osborne’s of Kilmarnock, apparently, and used to carry whisky. Here it is in 2007, at the Great Dorset Steam Fair:

1975 Atkinson Borderer HSJ950N by Martin Smith, on Flickr

And when in the ownership of Jim Horn:

Guy Big J4T (B101 SFK) & Atkinson Borderer (HSJ 950N) by Jim Horn, on Flickr

Later, it passed to Ian Roberts of Carnoustie:

HSJ 950N Atkinson Borderer by Jim Horn, on Flickr

Later still:
Atkinson Borderer HSJ 950N by Gyles Carpenter, on Flickr

Sad to see it falling on hard times now :frowning:

Thanks for the info, I am going to try & find out who owns it & see if it is up for sale. Dave.

ERF SELECTION

img351 (2).jpg

img342 (2).jpg

FLOURPOWER:

Now that Leyland Steer is a strange beast as I only recall the AEC Mamouth Minor being advertised and sold. I would think that the Leyland with the 680 Power Plus engine was a far better bet than what turned out to be a very unreliable AEC, so I wonder if the Leyland was only produced for the export markets ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

FLOURPOWER:

Now that Leyland Steer is a strange beast as I only recall the AEC Mamouth Minor being advertised and sold. I would think that the Leyland with the 680 Power Plus engine was a far better bet than what turned out to be a very unreliable AEC, so I wonder if the Leyland was only produced for the export markets ? Cheers Dennis.

Dennis the first artic I had on round timber haulage was a Mamoth Minor but it did not take me long to realis when in of hard road conditions it was a nightmare, acted like a seasaw and took all traction away from the drive axle so I had a mechanic remove the steer axle and had a long wheelbase Mandator in effect but it proved quite a comfortable ride back in the day. IMHO too many British trucks were too short in the wheelbase tending to buck the driver in his seat, on another note I saw a Scania 140 in Peter Gilders yard on double airbags so why were we so slow to catch on to that suspension idea earlier, cheers Buzzer.

Some for moomooland :smiley:

image.jpeg

image-27.jpg

image.jpeg

Downton of Gloucester scania

image.jpeg

Some magazine articles

image.jpeg

Bewick:

FLOURPOWER:

Good morning Dennis, You may have something there, not many steering wheels in the uk that colour eh !! Harvey

Thanks for all the comments and photos chaps much appreciated ! :laughing: :wink:

Jack Richards. Heres a bit from 1974.

P4220054p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

1974 jack richards2ppg.PNG

Daz, looks like one of your mate again. :wink:

P4220077p.JPG

Stobart Volvo

P4220113p.JPG

Kane haulage Volvo

P4220116p.JPG

T.Baker & Sons Volvo

P4220134p.JPG

Forest Freight Mercedes.

P4220195p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

P4250009p.JPG

Bowmans ERF

P4250025p.JPG

Ford’s International Magnum.

P4250034p.JPG

Onox ERF

P4250082p.JPG

Perkins tidy Foden.

P4250167p.JPG

H B & H Group Volvo F88

A03611p.JPG

Pennlyne Foden.

A03571p.JPG

D & D Transport’s MAN.

A03586p.JPG

Barlow & Hodgkinson Foden.

A03594p.JPG

Trevor G Phillips Seddon Atkinson.Welsh ■■? I would throw those poxy dice right out the window… :laughing:

A03598p.JPG

Cant make name out on the well loaded smart Volvo.

A03603p.JPG

Sunbridge ERF

A03621p.JPG

Heres one for “windrush” :laughing:

A03629p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Roman ■■?

A03672p.JPG

SW Transport Atkinson. I will let Dennis comment on the sheeting ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A03681p.JPG

Buzzer:

Bewick:

FLOURPOWER:

Dennis the first artic I had on round timber haulage was a Mamoth Minor but it did not take me long to realis when in of hard road conditions it was a nightmare, acted like a seasaw and took all traction away from the drive axle so I had a mechanic remove the steer axle and had a long wheelbase Mandator in effect but it proved quite a comfortable ride back in the day. IMHO too many British trucks were too short in the wheelbase tending to buck the driver in his seat, on another note I saw a Scania 140 in Peter Gilders yard on double airbags so why were we so slow to catch on to that suspension idea earlier, cheers Buzzer.

Do remember Sandersons buying 2 Atkinsons usual Gardner 180 but with longer wheelbase for a contract with Seatrain containers the 2 skeletal trailers which were hired were longer and standard wheelbase would not go under. The contract did not last very long, remember them being always heavy. My dad then got it a couple of years later on local registration was YAJ 272K. And the ride was definately better than the standard one, even with badly placed coil loads out of BSC Lackenby trailer scheme.

Volvo f10 ted fox Ashbourne Derbyshire