PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

HI PAUL ,IIRC W J A 163 S WAS THE REG NO OF THE BLUE VOLVO BOUGHT NEW BY J A MORGAN , BAGILLT , FLINTSHIRE NORTH WALES , HOPE THIS MAY BE OF SOME USE TO YOU ,CHEERS BARRY

Hi dean a couple of norberts and xpo logistics which bought out norberts

image.jpeg

SOME MORE GLOUCESTERSHIRE/WORCESTERSHIRE PHOTOS

img361 (2).jpg

img008 (13).jpg

DEANB:
Powerday Foden.

The powerday Foden Is ex Peterborough Heavy Haulage .

P4220068p.JPG

I used to pull those old Portbridge tilts.
Some were better than others…(the ones that had brakes that is . :laughing:)

FLOURPOWER:

Who is the Geezer holding that heap of crap up, defo not the Farmer ! Anon 1.

smallcoal:
Hi Paul ,tesco,s looked better than the white they are now very plain cheers John

I agree John i really miss all the smaller companies colours.There are too many large “white” companies now. :frowning:

5thwheel:

DEANB:
Cant make the name out on the Renault ■■

Name of the Renault Dean?.. Noone Pipelines Ltd. David

Cheers David ! :wink:

moomooland:

smallcoal:
Hi Paul ,tesco,s looked better than the white they are now very plain cheers John

Here’s a few more from the archives. :smiley:
This shot was taken in 1990 at Tesco’s Middleton depot when they ran a fleet of FL10 day cabbed tractor units.
F156 LVM, first in the line, was registered new in June

Thanks for the pics Paul. :smiley:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, Further to your Volvo F86 pictures and adverts, during 1970, Robert Baillie Transport in Horndean
wanted some new 32ton Atkinson units, but because they were difficult to find, Mr Baillie decided to buy an
F86 Volvo, and if it was successful, all future lorry replacements would be Volvo. Despite Volvo lorries being
excellent machines, Baillies F86 was a duff one, it spent a lot of time off the road, so no more Volvos were
bought. The mechanic at Horndean doesn’t look too pleased with the Volvo. Dean, could you please post
the picture of the Thorburn Scania on the Liverpool in the 60s thread. Many thanks, Regards, Ray.

Hello Ray,thanks for your comments. I will pop that Scania on your thread. :wink:

moomooland:
Nice shot of the long gone John Evans and Sons Marathon Reg No STH 25S which was new in December 1977.
Here’s another shot of it, courtesy of Chris Farnah, who pictured it parked up in their yard at Llanelli in 1990.
Another of John Evans Marathons was NTH 261R registered new in January 1977.
After the Marathons John Evans fleet consisted of a fair few Fodens John Evans & Sons Ltd album on Flickr by Chris Farnah. [/b][/url]

Nice pics chap. :smiley: :wink:

marktaff:

moomooland:
4Nice shot of the long gone John Evans and Sons Marathon Reg No STH 25S which was new in December 1977.

3Here’s another shot of it, courtesy of Chris Farnah, who pictured it parked up in their yard at Llanelli in 1990.

2Another of John Evans Marathons was NTH 261R registered new in January 1977.

1After the Marathons John Evans fleet consisted of a fair fewFodens

Moomooland…John Evans was very loyal to Leyland in all fairness AEC mandators. …Marathons …what always stuck out to me in the late 70s they still put the old black and silver reg plates on the new vehicles of that time…and the pressed name plates on the cab doors…real old school company

ramone:
Nice photo of Jack Ashworths F86 Dean thanks for posting it

Nice pic Paul. :smiley:

ramone:
Nice photo of Jack Ashworths F86 Dean thanks for posting it

Cheers “ramone” :laughing:

barrywaddy:
HI PAUL ,IIRC W J A 163 S WAS THE REG NO OF THE BLUE VOLVO BOUGHT NEW BY J A MORGAN , BAGILLT , FLINTSHIRE NORTH WALES , HOPE THIS MAY BE OF SOME USE TO YOU ,CHEERS BARRY

Thanks for your comment Barry.

smallcoal:

Thanks for the pics John ! :smiley:

smallcoal:

Thanks John. :smiley: :wink:

FLOURPOWER:

Thanks for the pics “FLOURPOWER” :smiley:

Jenson:

DEANB:
Powerday Foden.

Thanks for your comment Jenson. :wink:

robroy:
I used to pull those old Portbridge tilts.
Some were better than others…(the ones that had brakes that is . :laughing:)

Good stuff “robroy” :smiley:

Bewick:

FLOURPOWER:

Who is the Geezer holding that heap of crap up, defo not the Farmer ! Anon 1.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

A03376p.JPG
Alec Dowell had a yard at Woolpit, just round the corner from Leggetts. The FOSS was Fred Olsen’s container service to Jeddah. Dowell’s also did tilts for Frans Maas. Their main yard was at Basildon where they managed to get permission for living accommodation on an industrial estate, but only after holding up the construction of the A13 when their old yard was compulsory purchased. I think John, the youngest son, still lives on site.

B061D318-FCCE-420E-BF9B-95E300353F59.jpeg

2C318922-E51C-4890-BC05-4E5D1C73423E.jpeg

EF9B2301-095D-4AFC-A569-3B7C96099382.jpeg

Powerday Foden.

P2240097p.JPG

peterborough.PNG

Well spotted Jenson regarding the ex Peterborough Heavy Haulage Foden.
This article may intrest you.
Click on pages twice to read.

ChrisArbon:
Alec Dowell had a yard at Woolpit, just round the corner from Leggetts. The FOSS was Fred Olsen’s container service to Jeddah. Dowell’s also did tilts for Frans Maas. Their main yard was at Basildon where they managed to get permission for living accommodation on an industrial estate, but only after holding up the construction of the A13 when their old yard was compulsory purchased. I think John, the youngest son, still lives on site.

Thanks for your comments Chris. :wink:

Kempston:
Thanks for the photos “Kempston” :smiley:

Lewis Transport Services Volvo

P4220186p.JPG

Anyone recognise the MAN ■■?

P2240099p.JPG

Exel Volvo

P4220065p.JPG

Bowmur Scania

P4220154p.JPG

Peter Green Scania

P4220133p.JPG

Fenwick Bros ERF

P4220138p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Foden tipper ■■?

P4220058p.JPG

Tesco Scania

P4250010p.JPG

Frans Maas MAN

P4220173p.JPG

FTL Scania

P4250013p.JPG

Hi dean norberts were founded in 1979 ,they aquired tdg in 2010 ,then sold out in June 2015 for 3.53 US dollars to xpo which are an American outfit cheers John

Eddie Stobart trucks.

P4030068p.JPG

P8170040p.JPG

P6040019p.JPG

P4240012p.JPG

A couple of USA xpo trucks

image.jpeg

Hi all,
Latest rumour from Stranraer Scotland.
Stobart has purchased the old pier and will build houses on it and is considdering opening the old rail line to Carlisle.
No, its 10.30 am Sunday morning and I havent had a drop, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: Harvey

Kempston:

Edwards yard Lydbrook in 2016

Ade

DEANB:
Eddie Stobart trucks.

Aye OK !

Good morning all,
Had this old girl out for the Sunday shift yesterday.
It was only 1 week old when I last drove it, rattles a bit over pot holes but in great condition especially with 1,026,485.3 miles on the clock. Harvey

Before anyone shouts about the sun visor, Glen App is notorious for Pheasant strikes. “NOT ME BOSS” Harvey