PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Foden tipper ■■

B & Q Scania.

Cant make the name out on the ERF tanker ■■

Eddie Stobart Scania.

R.P.Childs MAN tipper.
Hi Dean & Paul thank you so much for posting this photo of the eight wheel Man tipper R .P. Childs.
He was a great friend of mine and very nice chap to talk to about tipper fleets as he owned a great fleet him self and was based in Watford.
He is sadley missed from me and a lot of othes who knew him and worked with through out years.

Entwisles ERF

Turners ERF/MAN

What happened to Dentressangle ■■ Remember regularly seeing 10 of there trucks come off one
ferry in Portsmouth.

Owens Volvo

Sharples Seddon Atkinson.

DEANB:
MAT Scania

Anyone recognise the Dennis ■■?

Avon Bedford.

Tesco Leyland.

Berk Spencer Acids Seddon Atkinson.

A.Dowell & Sons Scania.

Memory Lane Cakes Leyland.

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■?

Arrow Hire Krupp crance.

Hi DEAN ,the blue Volvo below the Memory lane Leyland ,is from the fleet of E D Stephens Tredegar ,regards Keith

Hi all I remember the tesco colours as a youngster ,norberts are now xpo logistics

smallcoal:
Hi all I remember the tesco colours as a youngster ,norberts are now xpo logistics

Do you remember Tesco’s when they looked like this Commer in 1966? :smiley:

HI FOLKS , THE BLUE VOLVO IS J A MORGAN , BAGILLT ,NORTH WALES CHEERS BARRY

gazsa401:
Hey up Dean Norbert’s were taken over by XPO Logistics

Cheers Gary, that must have been a big deal as i believe they had something like 5,000 trucks at
there peak.

FLOURPOWER:
Hi Dean,Blue ERF EC tanker P&O Trans European. cheers Keith

Thanks Keith,for the name for the tanker and the Dennis comments. :wink:

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Dennis ■■?

Hi Dean, The Dennis is Spillers French, flour millers, formerly Spillers, see SF logo on the cab door. Regard, Ray.

Thanks for confiriming Ray. :smiley:

gingerfold:

DEANB:
Memory Lane Cakes Leyland.

Memory Lane Cakes was also Spillers in those days, from their Cardiff bakery. Just being a bit pedantic, the Spillers French name only lasted for about 5 years, then it reverted to Spillers again.

Thanks for the information Graham. :smiley:

Sniffy:
Looks like the same vehicle when new for a publicity shot.

Nice pic “Sniffy” thanks for posting. :wink:

marktaff:
Hi all,
The pic of this Berk Spencer sedi talk rings a bell…I’m sure this company had a small plant on Sway road Morriston Swansea back in the 70s. …I recall a B series ERF based there I’m sure…someone might remember ?

Cheers Mark,someone may confirm ? :unamused:

ArcDaz:

DEANB:
R.P.Childs MAN tipper.

Hi Dean & Paul thank you so much for posting this photo of the eight wheel Man tipper R .P. Childs.
He was a great friend of mine and very nice chap to talk to about tipper fleets as he owned a great fleet him self and was based in Watford.
He is sadley missed from me and a lot of othes who knew him and worked with through out years.

Glad the pic brought back some good memories of your mate.

kingswinford kit:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■?

Hi DEAN ,the blue Volvo below the Memory lane Leyland ,is from the fleet of E D Stephens Tredegar ,regards Keith

Thanks for the name Keith. :smiley:

smallcoal:

Thanks for confirming what happened to Norberts. :wink:

moomooland:

smallcoal:

Nice pic Paul,thanks for posting. :wink:

barrywaddy:
HI FOLKS , THE BLUE VOLVO IS J A MORGAN , BAGILLT ,NORTH WALES CHEERS BARRY

Thanks Barry thats a different company to the one Keith thinks it is ? Whos correct ■■ :laughing: :laughing:

Powerday Foden.

P2240097p.JPG

Falcon Lubricants DAF

P2240102p.JPG

F.Edmondson Mercedes.

P4220037p.JPG

Portbridge ■■ Volvo

P4220068p.JPG

Gist ERF

P4220074p.JPG

Reid Transport Volvo

P4220089p.JPG

Ken Abram Magnum.

P4220118p.JPG

Thorburn Scania

P4220150p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Renault ■■

P4240008p.JPG

RMC Leyland/DAF

P4240045p.JPG

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
MAT

Hi Dean, The Dennis is Spillers French, flour millers, formerly Spillers, see SF logo on the cab door. Regard, Ray.

I’ve got one of those cabs ,I think that was a early Delta or a DB15 can’t remember ,I saw it for sale but by the time the seller answered the phone he’d already cut it up so I bought it all in bits .it was different to previous models I’d got it had a Rockwell back axle with bigger springs and a Eaton gearbox and brown bostrom suspension seats .the doors looked the same except for the quarter light and wind up window were same level and not stepped :smiley:

a

Click on pages twice to read.

We have had a fair few of Volvo’s mighty F86 on here. :laughing: :laughing:

A00006.JPG

A00067.JPG

A00068.JPG

A00144.JPG

A00216.JPG

A00225.JPG

A00438.JPG

A00471.JPG

A00487.JPG

A00491.JPG

Volvo’s iconic F86 was the truck that started Volvo’s push into the UK truck market.

Spec sheets.

Cant find the brochure i wanted to post,no doubt it will turn up sometime. Heres another one.

Volvo F86.

moomooland:

smallcoal:

Hi Paul ,tesco,s looked better than the white they are now very plain cheers John

DEANB:
Powerday Foden.

Falcon Lubricants DAF

F.Edmondson Mercedes.

Portbridge ■■ Volvo

Gist ERF

Reid Transport Volvo

Ken Abram Magnum.

Thorburn Scania

Cant make the name out on the Renault ■■

RMC Leyland/DAF

Name of the Renault Dean?.. Noone Pipelines Ltd.

David

smallcoal:
Hi Paul ,tesco,s looked better than the white they are now very plain cheers John

A03371p.JPGHere’s a few more from the archives. :smiley:

ERF Ad Tesco-001.jpg

This shot was taken in 1990 at Tesco’s Middleton depot when they ran a fleet of FL10 day cabbed tractor units.
F156 LVM, first in the line, was registered new in June 1989.
(Click on image for wide screen view)

Hi Dean, Further to your Volvo F86 pictures and adverts, during 1970, Robert Baillie Transport in Horndean
wanted some new 32ton Atkinson units, but because they were difficult to find, Mr Baillie decided to buy an
F86 Volvo, and if it was successful, all future lorry replacements would be Volvo. Despite Volvo lorries being
excellent machines, Baillies F86 was a duff one, it spent a lot of time off the road, so no more Volvos were
bought. The mechanic at Horndean doesn’t look too pleased with the Volvo. Dean, could you please post
the picture of the Thorburn Scania on the Liverpool in the 60s thread. Many thanks, Regards, Ray.

Volvo YCG 734J.jpg

paul-gee3.jpgNice shot of the long gone John Evans and Sons Marathon Reg No STH 25S which was new in December 1977.

Here’s another shot of it, courtesy of Chris Farnah, who pictured it parked up in their yard at Llanelli in 1990.

Another of John Evans Marathons was NTH 261R registered new in January 1977.

2017-07-14 21.22.16.jpgAfter the Marathons John Evans fleet consisted of a fair few Fodens
John Evans & Sons Ltd album on Flickr by Chris Farnah.

moomooland:
Nice shot of the long gone John Evans and Sons Marathon Reg No STH 25S which was new in December 1977.

Here’s another shot of it, courtesy of Chris Farnah, who pictured it parked up in their yard at Llanelli in 1990.

Another of John Evans Marathons was NTH 261R registered new in January 1977.

After the Marathons John Evans fleet consisted of a fair few Fodens
John Evans & Sons Ltd album on Flickr by Chris Farnah.

Moomooland…John Evans was very loyal to Leyland in all fairness AEC mandators. …Marathons …what always stuck out to me in the late 70s they still put the old black and silver reg plates on the new vehicles of that time…and the pressed name plates on the cab doors…real old school company

paul-gee3.jpg

Nice photo of Jack Ashworths F86 Dean thanks for posting it