Morfa Seddon Atkinson.

A04001p.JPG

Rockware Transcon.

A03540p.JPG

G.Alcock Atkinson.

A03602p.JPG

Texaco Leyland.

A03615p.JPG

Dean the Scania is Bewick’s mate malc woodhouse ,the John hill Erf looks a lot like Derek Hortons do ,and the only G Alcock I know of is from burslem sot .

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the F88 ■■

NW ■■ Scania bulker.

Mercer ERF

T.P.Niven ERF

David

John Hill & Sons ERF from Walsall.

Calor Gas Foden.

Morfa Seddon Atkinson.

Rockware Transcon.

G.Alcock Atkinson.

Texaco Leyland.

Dean,

The Scania is run by “Woodhouse”.

David

daibootsy:
Hi Geraint & Mark,
REWSON from Dunvant,Had 3 of those Aseries erf on contract to IMI,.Dont think they did work for addis, Greenings from upper killay once qorked out of addis,
Hi dean, some cracking phots of the S.Wales haulier,s. tne Geo Beer PEP 244R Sed atky was on contract to MORGANITE BLACK CABON,Morriston,
Reguards Dai, ex lorry driver for Illtyd Thomas & Geo Beer.

Hi Dai. Greetings from sunny Florida. Great to see you on TNUK again. I must admit to being shocked when quite a few years back now, you mentioned your eyesight and the possibility of losing it. How are the models coming along? It would be good to see some of the photo’s of your ERFs on here.
Take it easy,
Paul

Punchy Dan:
Dean the Scania is Bewick’s mate malc woodhouse ,the John hill Erf looks a lot like Derek Hortons do ,and the only G Alcock I know of is from burslem sot .

Looks like Burslem with Stoke on Trent underneath ont cab door Dan.

Chris Webb:

Punchy Dan:

Looks like Burslem with Stoke on Trent underneath ont cab door Dan.[/quote

Hi Chris, heading over to Melbourne with Robin and a mate visiting from Brynmawr. I’ll buy him that pint from you, as previously promised. Looks like an afternoon on the Guinness, with plenty of laughs thrown in for good measure.

Cheers Paul

smallcoal:
Hi Pete a couple of eps for you ,eurocare had a fridge trailer a tandem with the axles right on the back looked like a yank trailer

Thank you for the pics John,

robroy:
I used to drive one just like that at National Carriers…and have 4 nights out every week in it.
Northern Scotch in Winter day cab with no night heater, waking up and scraping off the frost on the INSIDE of the windscreen… :open_mouth: :smiley:

Morning Rob,
N.M.P, Ernie Sayce driving the DAF! Cheer’s Pete

Pete smith, do you mean Ernie sayce from monmouth, thought he would have been retired long ago , if its the same one of course!

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the F88 ■■

NW ■■ Scania bulker.

Mercer ERF

T.P.Niven ERF

John Hill & Sons ERF from Walsall.

Calor Gas Foden.

Morfa Seddon Atkinson.

Rockware Transcon.

G.Alcock Atkinson.

Texaco Leyland.

Hi DEAN ,some magic stuff here again ,that Sedd Atk of Morfa was based with a Newtown driver for a while on tinplate to Kittgreen and Metal Box Aintree ,regards Keith

F88 brown trim diesel tank square side lights on a N reg Something not right here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Looks bog standard to me as an early 290.

Paul John:

Chris Webb:

Punchy Dan:

Looks like Burslem with Stoke on Trent underneath ont cab door Dan.
[/quote

Hi Chris, heading over to Melbourne with Robin and a mate visiting from Brynmawr. I’ll buy him that pint from you, as previously promised. Looks like an afternoon on the Guinness, with plenty of laughs thrown in for good measure.

Cheers Paul

Ha ha,give him my best regards Paul.I’ll send some Isle of Man currency over for his beer. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gazzer:

You need glasses :lol :unamused:

Lance Biscomb:

gazzer:

Hi Lance, After the F88 silver grill came the wide black plastic and for a spell the side lamps were square, engine TD120A 240. Uk wanted F89 power but not left hand drive so Volvo upgraded the 240 to 290 called the TD120B but to take the larger cooling fan the grill had to be extended out further, see attatched, sorry not a good picture. Early tanks were two sections pressed to gether as shown, Harvey

An N reg 290 would have a blue trim interior, round sidelights and a square diesel tank. Oh and a TD100B, not a TD120 and the sticky out grille was purely cosmetic, the lower center panel was the bit that protuded out of necessity.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

bazztrucker:
Pete smith, do you mean Ernie sayce from monmouth, thought he would have been retired long ago , if its the same one of course!

Morning Baz,
As far as I know it is the same Ernie, Robroy, the lad in the post above, sold a sed ak to Ernie and I asked on FB if anyone had a pic of it, no pic but as far as they know he is still around, that was him driving that DAF a few years ago! But has retired now according to the info! Cheer’s Pete

Hi dean,I didn’t realise tdw had a Bedford artic you learn with these pics here’s one of his 7.5 tonners driven by Gareth ( little turbo ) courtesy of Ron weatherall , as for Colin sticking his fingers up to vosa he didn’t give a (zb) has he told the transport manager :laughing: :laughing: here’s my Bedford I drove cheers John

image.jpeg

HRS:

Lance Biscomb:

gazzer:

Hi Lance, After the F88 silver grill came the wide black plastic and for a spell the side lamps were square, engine TD120A 240. Uk wanted F89 power but not left hand drive so Volvo upgraded the 240 to 290 called the TD120B but to take the larger cooling fan the grill had to be extended out further, see attatched, sorry not a good picture. Early tanks were two sections pressed to gether as shown, Harvey

Those F88’s were bought by Turners when the F10 was being launched and by then the F88 was perceived as rather dated by some purchasers, so Turners bought the F88s at a good price, shall we say. They were based at Felixstowe container depot and there were at least 12 of them. Prior to then Turners had run a few F86s and they continued to run Volvos in quantity for the next 35 years…Now with a fleet of 1800 units there is not one Volvo in Turners’ fleet.

HRS:

Lance Biscomb:

gazzer:

hi Lance,
VOLVO could never have known the debate? they started,45 plus years ago over this.Harvey to my knowledge the 12 litre was never fitted by VOLVO in any of their uk F88 production.The bigger fan meaning the grille needed to be extended is also totally wrong.Early tanks were one piece and more rectangular in shape.
Regards Andrew…