PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

A02779.JPG

Hi Dean,
Some time back I said a trailer in one of Pauls shots looked like a “Hopitality Trailer” to which you replied… Pictures !!!
New I had one somewhere so found it. This is said trailer as I droped it back to Princes in Millbrook road after picking it up at the manufacturers in Bournemouth.
The second shot will have to go on another post as I have yet to master the art of puting two shots on one post, Harvey

Yer-tis, Some of the old boys from Southampton may know who thw unit on the left belongs to, with the srar on the cab side !!!
Gordon Crittel and I used to “do the Ardingly show” … Harvey

HRS:
Hi Dean,
Some time back I said a trailer in one of Pauls shots looked like a “Hopitality Trailer” to which you replied… Pictures !!!
New I had one somewhere so found it. This is said trailer as I droped it back to Princes in Millbrook road after picking it up at the manufacturers in Bournemouth.
The second shot will have to go on another post as I have yet to master the art of puting two shots on one post, Harvey

Stelboyf10 would most probably know more as he got a similar Volvo with the stripes cheers John

Harvey the F7 belonged to Star car transporters who’s yard was in West Quay road along with TIP trailer rentals, they ran F86’s as well before moving on to the F7’s, run by Dennis White IIRC and Dave Coombes fro Salisbury had a make shift shack there to keep the mechanicals in order & he also looked after my Scania as well as a good few other OD’s later when the site was developed he moved to Coat’s gravel pit in Landford, They were all into banger racing and a lot of time was spent preparing and racing cars that had past there sell by date, also in that yard were trailer care who did exactly that for numerous companies from a wide area.
The whole road is now unrecognisable today to what it was with IKEA and Hotels all over it, Pirelli had a factory there too making cable which got fedd straight into the docks on a big overhead gantry but that is also now all developed, The one thing I remember most about that place was the big potholes well more like lakes, when it was wet you needed wellies in that yard. Remember TIP had a toilet block there which they kept locked and one day a driver picking up a trailer needed to go number two and they would not give him the key so he found a tilt at the back of the yard and made his deposit in the back which they never found for quite a while, MH moments Buzzer.

I think the Scania 110 Super depicted in the Scania advert, belongs to McKelvie Transport Paisley. For a short time McKelvie TDG experimented with this livery, before going back to the original. Registration was HXS 523H
GBW.

Hi Dean,I thought this one was familiar…Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

A02726.JPG

bubbleman:

Bit of badge engineering’s turned it into an 81!

Great picture Marcus…she’s looking a bit tired in Pauls photo.

Hope your paying attention Daz.

The drive of this is friend of mine on fackbook
He has been driving for the company for over 20 years
His name is Micheal Dallimore
He used to ride to limestone to salisbury durrington plants

Would if be possiable to forward this pic to me for my own use
Cheers mate :smiley:

ArcDaz:

I was regarding the scammell routeman pic mate
RMC one

A02734.JPGWhat a cracking shot of one of Davies and Meredith’s Atki.
Here’s a couple of their later Seddon Atkinson 401 Series

D M.jpg

Used to park up with Davis and maeredith nice bunch of blokes Brad drove Sedak smashing bloke one driver lovely bloke I got up in morning he slept in the coil well he said it was hot they lent me their low loader 17 years ago to pick my scrap 141 up in Yorkshire nice people regards rowly

HRS:
Hi Dean,

IMG_4377.JPG

rward:
Used to park up with Davis and maeredith nice bunch of blokes Brad drove Sedak smashing bloke one driver lovely bloke I got up in morning he slept in the coil well he said it was hot they lent me their low loader 17 years ago to pick my scrap 141 up in Yorkshire nice people regards rowly

Hi all, Rowly. I think you had mentioned this before, it was Ken Leddington from my own village of Abertysswg. A true nutter, but do anything to help you out. He was a few years older than me, but as I didn’t have any older brothers and we lived in the same street he sort of took care of me in the days of drinking under age. I lived in Forest Hill SE London in the early 80s and used to get a lift back to the smoke on Monday’s with him. One night after partying a little to much I slept on his fathers porch not to miss my lift. He nearly stepped on me on his way out with half a loaf of bread and jam in his mouth, and went back in doors coming out with the other half and saying lets share breakfast. Tremendous!
Kens father and mine were good friends, his father drove all his working life, real old school. Great memories, sitting here listening to the Blackwood boys, Manic Street Preachers, crazy but Welsh all the same!
I must admit, its no where near the same crack, living in the States.

Paul

Paul that’s his name. Abertyswygg proper little valleys village salt of the earth

Buzzer:
Harvey the F7 belonged to Star car transporters who’s yard was in West Quay road along with TIP trailer rentals, they ran F86’s as well before moving on to the F7’s, run by Dennis White IIRC and Dave Coombes fro Salisbury had a make shift shack there to keep the mechanicals in order & he also looked after my Scania as well as a good few other OD’s later when the site was developed he moved to Coat’s gravel pit in Landford, They were all into banger racing and a lot of time was spent preparing and racing cars that had past there sell by date, also in that yard were trailer care who did exactly that for numerous companies from a wide area.
The whole road is now unrecognisable today to what it was with IKEA and Hotels all over it, Pirelli had a factory there too making cable which got fedd straight into the docks on a big overhead gantry but that is also now all developed, The one thing I remember most about that place was the big potholes well more like lakes, when it was wet you needed wellies in that yard. Remember TIP had a toilet block there which they kept locked and one day a driver picking up a trailer needed to go number two and they would not give him the key so he found a tilt at the back of the yard and made his deposit in the back which they never found for quite a while, MH moments Buzzer.

Hi John, MH moments indeed.
As you say that unit was for Dennis, he had a few from us over the years.
Now, to go back even further, before that site was used for haulage yards etc, as a youg lad I used to go Go-cart racing there, good size club and track.
New Dave Coombs since about 1973 when he was with Unit Commercials ( Scania ) Salisbury, has he packed up yet ■■? his yard at Landford was amazing.
Great story about the toilet block , cheers, Harvey

JAKEY:
Thank you DEANB, that big DAF looks clean .

Tidy motor “JAKEY” :smiley:

Chris Webb:
Nice shot of one of Oscar Johnsons Fodens.
That Oscar Foden has a DN York reg plate,makes a change from DH Walsall. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers Chris. :smiley:

moomooland:

Nice pic Paul,always remember Esso adverts with the tiger ! :wink:

HRS:
Hi Dean,

Thanks for the pics Harvey ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

smallcoal:
Stelboyf10 would most probably know more as he got a similar Volvo with the stripes cheers John

Cheers for your input John. :smiley:

Buzzer:

Thanks for the comments Buzzer,can remember going into Princes when they were situated there. :wink:

GBW:
I think the Scania 110 Super depicted in the Scania advert, belongs to McKelvie Transport Paisley. For a short time McKelvie TDG experimented with this livery, before going back to the original. Registration was HXS 523H GBW.

Thanks GBW ! :wink:

bubbleman:

Nice pic Bubbs ! :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

bubbleman:

Bit of badge engineering’s turned it into an 81!

Well spotted “ROF” :laughing:

Mark R:
Great picture Marcus…she’s looking a bit tired in Pauls photo.

:laughing: :wink:

ArcDaz:

Daz,well done i see you have sussed out editing your posts ! :laughing: :wink:

moomooland:
1What a cracking shot of one of Davies and Meredith’s Atki’s.Here’s a couple of their later Seddon Atkinson 401 Series

Nice pic paul,thanks for posting. :smiley: :wink:

rward:

Its good that Paul pics are still bringing back so many memories Rowly ! :wink:

revman:

HRS:
Hi Dean,
Some time back I said a trailer in one of Pauls shots looked like a “Hopitality Trailer” to which you replied… Pictures !!! New I had one somewhere so found it. This is said trailer as I droped it back to Princes in Millbrook road after picking it up at the manufacturers in Bournemouth.The second shot will have to go on another post as I have yet to master the art of puting two shots on one post, Harvey

Nice pic “revman” thanks for posting ! :wink:

Paul John:

rward:

Hi all, Rowly. I think you had mentioned this before, it was Ken Leddington from my own village of Abertysswg. A true nutter, but do anything to help you out. He was a few years older than me, but as I didn’t have any older brothers and we lived in the same street he sort of took care of me in the days of drinking under age. I lived in Forest Hill SE London in the early 80s and used to get a lift back to the smoke on Monday’s with him. One night after partying a little to much I slept on his fathers porch not to miss my lift. He nearly stepped on me on his way out with half a loaf of bread and jam in his mouth, and went back in doors coming out with the other half and saying lets share breakfast. Tremendous!
Kens father and mine were good friends, his father drove all his working life, real old school. Great memories, sitting here listening to the Blackwood boys, Manic Street Preachers, crazy but Welsh all the same!
I must admit, its no where near the same crack, living in the States. Paul

Thanks for your memories Paul ! :laughing: :wink:

rward:
Paul that’s his name. Abertyswygg proper little valleys village salt of the earth

:smiley:

Pickford’s Foden.

A04424.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Some oldies.

A03317p.JPG

A03318p.JPG

A03319p.JPG

A03321p.JPG

A03322p.JPG

Some with the dodgy camera.

Crosspoint DAF 2100

DCP_1219p.JPG

Jenkins FL Volvo tipper.

DCP_1217p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Renault tanker ■■?

DCP_1218p.JPG

Sainsbury’s MAN

DCP_1212p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Scania brick truck ■■?

DCP_1211p.JPG