PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

New to Staveley Chemicals of Chesterfield in 1982 and later sold to Rush Green Motors in 1988.
Been in their yard ever since until recently when it was bought for preservation.

moomooland:
1New to Staveley Chemicals of Chesterfield in 1982 and later sold to Rush Green Motors in 1988.
Been in their yard ever since until recently when it was bought for preservation.

Nice to tie the same vehicle up with a photo ! Glad its been saved,cheers Paul ! :laughing: :laughing:

revman:

DEANB:
Mercedes of P Davis.

Anyone recognise the Transcon ■■?

Dyfed Sludge Disposal Bedford.

Anyone recognise the Seddon atkinson ■■?

J G Thomas Guy.

Bedwells Transport tidy DAF

Looks a horrible load to try and secure on S Dugdale & Son’s Bedford.

Calor ERF

Another of Oakley transport. They must have been a fair size i would imagine as had a few of there’s
on here ■■

Anyone recognise the F10 ■■?

Nice pic Alan,thanks for posting it !! :wink: :smiley:

Chris Webb:

DEANB:

Chris Webb:
I put some George Bloomer photos on Peak District site and just seen “put’ em on here as well” so here goes…
I worked for George for a few months in 1994 and had an E14 D801 PHD with twin splitter,what a great tool that was even at 8 years old.Photos were sent to me by my old pal Gordon Howarth who is well into his 80s now,and who worked at A E Evans same time as me.George was an ex A E Evans driver who went on his own working for Staveley Chemicals.When I worked for him in 1994 a lot of the runs I was familiar with from Evan’s days,Staveley Chemicals and Bitmac of Scunthorpe and Llanwern.A typical day would be run from Barlborough to Llanwern,tip crude benzene and clean out,reload pure benzene and run and tip ICI(Zeneca) Huddersfield or back to Barlborough depending on hours.Some were double shifted,tipping Hudddersfield early evening and then either reloading crude benzene at Appleby - Frodingham Scunthorpe or BSC Redcar,South Bank Middlesborough or Tees Storage Seal Sands for Llanwern and back to Barlborough.
Sermon over… :laughing:

Great pics Chris,thanks for posting ! You mentioned Staveley Chemicals,heres a Foden advert featuring
a Staveley motor. :wink: :smiley:

Click on page twice for larger version.

Some more Staveley Chemicals photos,but not mine so will remove if required…

Great pics Chris thanks for posting ! :wink: :smiley:

What about Crow tankers,does that ring a bell with any of you ■■?

Crow Tankers.

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:
Crow Tankers.

I remember them well.They had a depot on Tanhouse Lane Widnes and their Widnes lads used to stay int same digs as me in Barking,with loaded tankers parked round back of flats. :laughing:

Chris Webb:

Spud1960:

Chris Webb:
Just a few more of George Bloomer’s wagons…

Hi Chris

What happened to Bloomers are they still on the go?

No Spud,he started packing up slowly when Staveley Chemicals closed the BTC plant (benzene,toluene,cyclohexane) and then Bitmac,who were benzole refiners, closed the two refineries at Scunthorpe and Llanwern.I believe he ran a couple of vehicles just to keep two long serving drivers in work but I left him in 1994 so I’m not too clear about the situation. We don’t have many,if any,coking plants nowadays either,maybe one each at Port Talbot,Redcar and Scunthorpe,not sure,and that’s where the crude benzene came from for refining - Staveley were the biggest refiners of it for years.They were the company that made the cyclohexane for Nypro Flixborough which was devastated in an explosion in 1973.

Thanks Chris

I worked for Suttons from 1996 and saw the odd one around when I visited the Staveley depot, long since gone as well

Having been saved from Rush Green for preservation CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO showing the first start attempt of PHL 43X since 1988.
Make sure you have your sound turned on. :smiley:

moomooland:

Having been saved from Rush Green for preservation CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO showing the first start attempt of PHL 43X since 1988.

6 years service then retired rather odd isn’t it !

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
Crow Tankers.

I remember them well.They had a depot on Tanhouse Lane Widnes and their Widnes lads used to stay int same digs as me in Barking,with loaded tankers parked round back of flats. :laughing:

I thought you might know them Chris ! :wink: :smiley:

Spud1960:

Chris Webb:

Spud1960:

Chris Webb:
Just a few more of George Bloomer’s wagons…

Hi Chris

What happened to Bloomers are they still on the go?

No Spud,he started packing up slowly when Staveley Chemicals closed the BTC plant (benzene,toluene,cyclohexane) and then Bitmac,who were benzole refiners, closed the two refineries at Scunthorpe and Llanwern.I believe he ran a couple of vehicles just to keep two long serving drivers in work but I left him in 1994 so I’m not too clear about the situation. We don’t have many,if any,coking plants nowadays either,maybe one each at Port Talbot,Redcar and Scunthorpe,not sure,and that’s where the crude benzene came from for refining - Staveley were the biggest refiners of it for years.They were the company that made the cyclohexane for Nypro Flixborough which was devastated in an explosion in 1973.

Thanks Chris

I worked for Suttons from 1996 and saw the odd one around when I visited the Staveley depot, long since gone as well

Thanks for your comment “Spud1960” :smiley:

moomooland:

Looks like they were trying to jump it off a battery,needed to be off another truck Paul. The green
Seddon Atkinson in the background looked tidy from what you could see of it. I wonder if that was
saved. Thanks for posting Paul. :smiley: :wink:

robthedog:

moomooland:

6 years service then retired rather odd isn’t it !

:unamused:

bloomer3-001.jpgAt first glance i thought this was taken beneath Junction 26 of the M62 near Bradford.
Does any one know any different??

Elddis Transport F88,with a dodgy marina shed overtaking !! :unamused: That will wind Paul up as its one
of his favourite cars ! :laughing: :laughing:

2017-06-30 20.10.47.jpg

Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■? from Garstang ■■?

2017-06-30 20.16.23.jpg

Anyone recognise the GUY ■■?

2017-06-30 20.22.26.jpg

Cant make name out on the MAN ■■?

2017-06-30 20.24.54.jpg

National Carriers Seddon Atkinson.

2017-06-30 20.35.20.jpg

Spire Transport Seddon Atkinson.Unusual load looks like 2 drop bodies for rigids.

2017-07-01 13.40.12.jpg

W H Jakeway & Sons Ltd Seddon Atkinson bulker.

2017-07-01 13.46.51.jpg

Yardley of Leeds Foden.

2017-07-01 13.49.52.jpg

Spalding Haulage ERF

2017-07-01 13.53.21.jpg

Anyone recognise the Marathon ■■?

2017-07-01 13.55.34.jpg

Borderer Country.

Tidy bit of sheeting on the marathon,anyone recognise the truck ■■?

2017-07-01 14.04.26.jpg

Eastern BRS Crusader.

2017-07-01 14.08.49.jpg

Leicester Heavy Haulage ERF

2017-07-01 13.58.47.jpg

Another tidy bit of sheeting on the Cooper Scania.

2017-07-01 14.11.45.jpg

Salford Van Hire Transcon.

2017-07-01 14.15.09.jpg

Western BRS Scania overtaking Leyland of Rose and Sons.

2017-07-01 14.17.24.jpg

Tarmac Foden

paulgee fodens.jpg

De Co Late DAF (Strange name ?)

2017-07-01 14.22.26.jpg

Archbold FIAT, middle east haulier.Maxi shed overtaking,is that a granada and another marina shed going
the other way. :laughing:

2017-07-01 14.24.49.jpg

Western Transport Scania.

2017-07-01 14.27.34.jpg

DEANB:
Elddis Transport F88,with a dodgy marina shed overtaking !! :unamused: That will wind Paul up as its one
of his favourite cars ! :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■? from Garstang ■■?

Anyone recognise the GUY ■■?

Cant make name out on the MAN ■■?

National Carriers Seddon Atkinson.

Spire Transport Seddon Atkinson.Unusual load looks like 2 drop bodies for rigids.

W H Jakeway & Sons Ltd Seddon Atkinson bulker.

Yardley of Leeds Foden.

Spalding Haulage ERF

Anyone recognise the Marathon ■■?

The Marathon is one of Albright and Wilsons,it’s got a EE Grimsby reg so would think it was based at their Barton on Humber site.

moomooland:
0At first glance i thought this was taken beneath Junction 26 of the M62 near Bradford.

I was told it was taken at the Coldra roundabout at the A449/M4 junction at Newport MML,so not sure pal.Maybe one of our Sth Wales lads can confirm.It does look like it.

Chris Webb:

moomooland:
At first glance i thought this was taken beneath Junction 26 of the M62 near Bradford.

I was told it was taken at the Coldra roundabout at the A449/M4 junction at Newport MML,so not sure pal.Maybe one of our Sth Wales lads can confirm.It does look like it.

bloomer3-001.jpg

Its definitely not the Coldra as it is a concrete wall all the way down the slip roads not an embankment as in the picture.

Here’s a couple more taken at the same location, i am intrigued as to finding out where it is for certain.

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,I think the cattle wagon is the same as in the erf belonging to Golding as colour and signwrighting the same cheers John

Apologies for the delay but I’ve been on dog sitting duties at the sprog’s. Smallcoal is absolute!y correct in his assumption: both vehicles were part of the R H Goulding fleet from Newent, Glos. The livestock Albion Clydesdale was driven from new by John Blewitt until he got an ERF four wheeler with trailer, both fitted with Thorne’s livestock bodies. The ERF artic is one of about half a dozen similar vehicles supplied by Richard Read and on this occasion seems to be hauling empty boxes from Coleford to one of the local farms ready to be filled with black currants for Ribena.

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

barrywaddy:
Mr , BEWICK ,I Remember that j reg atki comming into flint Regularley they also had 6 wheeler with the s ame cab and 180 engine happy days they were a good set of lads , Cheers Barry

Hiya Baz , hope you are keeping well mate ! No doubt you will remember the Makin fleet but I just bet you didn’t like seeing them at the Flint mill :wink: I recall that the little Irish fella John ? didn’t like Makins own motors but apparently the Makin Transport manager ( Jack Thompson ?) used to “impose” their own motors onto the Flint Mill from time to time, but you will know more about that than me Baz ! Cheers and kind Regards Mr. Bewick.

Did Makins run an AEC Marshal with 760 engine? I used to stay in digs at Neath and would have a pint or two with a Makins driver.I’m sure he said the Marshal was a cancelled overseas order.

AEC Marshalls with a downrated AV760` s were called Marshall Majors I think

moomooland:

Chris Webb:

moomooland:
3At first glance i thought this was taken beneath Junction 26 of the M62 near Bradford.

Its definitely not the Coldra as it is a concrete wall all the way down the slip roads not an embankment as in the picture.

Here’s a couple more taken at the same location, i am intrigued as to finding out where it is for certain.

I’d like to know too. I wondered if the Ridings SA410 was en route to Pontypool with plastic pellets from Wilton and if George Bloomer was en route to Bitmac Llanwern with crude benzen - pity I can’t see the hazchem label.Also Bell Line were associated with Newport as well as Middlesborough.So could the photo be anywhere around the Trunk Road A174 Teesside area? Bloomer loaded crude benzole out of Redcar and South Bank as well as Seal Sands.Just a thought. :question:

DEANB:
Tidy bit of sheeting on the marathon,anyone recognise the truck ■■?

Eastern BRS Crusader.

Leicester Heavy Haulage ERF

Another tidy bit of sheeting on the Cooper Scania.

Maxi and marina dean but not a Granada that’s a later mk3 cortina

Salford Van Hire Transcon.

Western BRS Scania overtaking Leyland of Rose and Sons.

Tarmac Foden

De Co Late DAF (Strange name ?)

Archbold FIAT, middle east haulier.Maxi shed overtaking,is that a granada and another marina shed going
the other way. :laughing:

Western Transport Scania.