PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
Some pics.

Were Carmans and Brit European owned by the same people/group ■■ Merc leaving Poole docks !

Melbourn chemicals ERF

ERF overtaking a Foden, anyone recognise either ■■

Geo Beer & Sons,would that be on hire to Morgan looking at the headboard ■■?

Seddon Atkinson of Laingfreight heading into Poole docks !

French F88 of Transport Sain-Avignon leaving Poole docks. All those storage tanks in the background
are long gone.

Would that be an Italian MAN ■■? Just about to turn into Poole docks.

Bejam group DAF

Lovatts ERF

Transfleet Seddon Atkinson.

Regarding the storage tanks on Poole Docks,were they PD (Powell Duffryn) Storage? If so I used to run Styrene from Baglan Bay into there in the 70s when I worked for A E Evans.One of my favourite runs that was,tip Poole,run to ISR Hythe,load for Staveley Chemicals and a dodgy at Leicester Forest or Trowell. :grimacing:

There were a couple of companies with storage tank’s back then on the docks. Texaco had a place there
running marathons and then roadtrains out of the docks. There was another company just over the
railway line that may have been the company you are talking about but i am not sure what they were
called Chris. :wink:

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
Some pics.

Foden breakdown truck.

Carefoot Atkinson defender

S.Harrison & Sons Scammell,these were running on for years remember seeing them on the M1.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

W.H. Fearn ERF,with Guy Big J following.

Vinyl products tidy marathon.

Hoover Foden

Sturge chemicals ERF. Think that might be a Dawson freight F88 overtaking ■■?
cant remember ■■ is it Crow tankers ■■

Mark Yate Plant Co Ltd, DAF low loader.

S.Watson borderer.

Vinyl Products from Carshalton used to load Vinyl Acetate out of BP Baglan Bay int 70s.

Nice pic of the old leyland. :smiley:

Chris Webb:

DEANB:

logger:

DEANB:
MAN ,Frame Duncan & Reid ■■

Foden,looks like a ex Rugby Cement motor. Anyone recognise the ERF ■■

ERF bulker of W.H.Pritchard.

Chew Bros mercedes.Only single wheels on the trailer,most were double back then.

Tidy 86 of AA Griggs & Co.

Nice looking Defender of Hopkins Bros.

S & H Mc Call Scania 111

Burgh Bedford TM

DAF of BRS

I R Dunkerley DAF

I R Dunkerley & W H Pritchard both from Yate nr Bristol . So many transport companies in that area back then hardly any of them left .
The 2300 of I R Dunkerley was one of 2 the same which were the 1st DAF’s in the fleet . Not sure which one but one was written off in an accident on the A12 in bad weather

Thanks for your comments “logger” :wink: :smiley:

Definitely a Frame Duncan and Reid MAN Logger. I remember their yard at Blyton.

Thanks for your input Chris. :smiley:

cattle wagon man:

DEANB:
Mercedes of P Davis.

Anyone recognise the Transcon ■■?

Dyfed Sludge Disposal Bedford.

Anyone recognise the Seddon atkinson ■■?

J G Thomas Guy.

Bedwells Transport tidy DAF

Looks a horrible load to try and secure on S Dugdale & Son’s Bedford.

Calor ERF

Another of Oakley transport. They must have been a fair size i would imagine as had a few of there’s
on here ■■

Anyone recognise the F10 ■■?

The Volvo F 10 looks to be one of Nelsons of Arnside , ■■■■■■■ .

Thanks for the name “cattle wagon man” :smiley:

I reckon this is a cracking photo Chard Meat’s F10 leaving Poole docks.

2017-07-09 11.13.39.jpg

I put some George Bloomer photos on Peak District site and just seen “put’ em on here as well” so here goes…
I worked for George for a few months in 1994 and had an E14 D801 PHD with twin splitter,what a great tool that was even at 8 years old.Photos were sent to me by my old pal Gordon Howarth who is well into his 80s now,and who worked at A E Evans same time as me.George was an ex A E Evans driver who went on his own working for Staveley Chemicals.When I worked for him in 1994 a lot of the runs I was familiar with from Evan’s days,Staveley Chemicals and Bitmac of Scunthorpe and Llanwern.A typical day would be run from Barlborough to Llanwern,tip crude benzene and clean out,reload pure benzene and run and tip ICI(Zeneca) Huddersfield or back to Barlborough depending on hours.Some were double shifted,tipping Hudddersfield early evening and then either reloading crude benzene at Appleby - Frodingham Scunthorpe or BSC Redcar,South Bank Middlesborough or Tees Storage Seal Sands for Llanwern and back to Barlborough.
Sermon over… :laughing:

bloomer2.jpg

bloomer32.jpg

bloomer30.jpg

bloomer14.jpg

bloomer6.jpg

bloomer4 - Copy.jpg

bloomer 34.jpg

Just a few more of George Bloomer’s wagons…

bloomer3.jpg

bloomer21.jpg

bloomer9.jpg

bloomer28.jpg

The coiler in front is blue line transport they had yellow and blue,joints were green ,the roundabout is the coldra newport j24 cheers John

smallcoal:
The coiler in front is blue line transport they had yellow and blue,joints were green ,the roundabout is the coldra newport j24 cheers John

Thanks for that John and also for the name of the Roundabout - Coldra.

Chris Webb:

smallcoal:

They are heading towards Ross the blue line was most prob loaded for the midlands that is by symonds Yat in the 50mph zone

DEANB:
C.C.Pritchard Dodge.

J.Cowgill Seddon Atkinson bulker.

British Industrial Sand ERF

FRC Transport Wales Volvo F10/12

BRS Crusader.

G R Stein Crusader

Cant make the name out on the Bedford ■■?

WBS Transport FIAT.

Kwik Save Seddon.
m

Hick’s Ford Transcon.

Cant make out the co name on the Tm but it hails from Scunthorpe.

Chris Webb:

Hi Chris

What happened to Bloomers are they still on the go?

Spud1960:

Chris Webb:

Hi Chris

No Spud,he started packing up slowly when Staveley Chemicals closed the BTC plant (benzene,toluene,cyclohexane) and then Bitmac,who were benzole refiners, closed the two refineries at Scunthorpe and Llanwern.I believe he ran a couple of vehicles just to keep two long serving drivers in work but I left him in 1994 so I’m not too clear about the situation. We don’t have many,if any,coking plants nowadays either,maybe one each at Port Talbot,Redcar and Scunthorpe,not sure,and that’s where the crude benzene came from for refining - Staveley were the biggest refiners of it for years.They were the company that made the cyclohexane for Nypro Flixborough which was devastated in an explosion in 1973.

Bewick:

barrywaddy:
Mr , BEWICK ,I Remember that j reg atki comming into flint Regularley they also had 6 wheeler with the s ame cab and 180 engine happy days they were a good set of lads , Cheers Barry

Hiya Baz , hope you are keeping well mate ! No doubt you will remember the Makin fleet but I just bet you didn’t like seeing them at the Flint mill :wink: I recall that the little Irish fella John ? didn’t like Makins own motors but apparently the Makin Transport manager ( Jack Thompson ?) used to “impose” their own motors onto the Flint Mill from time to time, but you will know more about that than me Baz ! Cheers and kind Regards Mr. Bewick.

Did Makins run an AEC Marshal with 760 engine? I used to stay in digs at Neath and would have a pint or two with a Makins driver.I’m sure he said the Marshal was a cancelled overseas order.

DEANB:

moomooland:

Nice advert and pic Paul ! :wink:

Heres another one.

jpg[/attachment]

The blue Transcon is Gkn Steelstock . Could be a BRS contract motor and look at the state of the headboard on that trailer.

DEANB:
S.Harrison & Sons Scammells.

Click on pages twice to magnify to read.

Sid Harrison was still running Scammell R8s on internal work in Steel Peech and Tozers late 60s,they didn’t need taxing as they didn’t accumulate enough mileage or summat when crossing main road at Templeborough. I’ve had lifts in their 3 axled Highwaymen two or three times,they were no noisier than AEC Mk3s…THAT’S WHY I’M A BIT DEAF. :laughing:

DEANB:
A few Fodens about today.

North Eastern BRS 110 Scania

Cant make the name out on the Dodge ■■?

E Curran & Son Foden.

R & D Transport Foden.

James Lynch & Son Foden.

Metal Box Foden.

H & G Robbins Scania 110

Griffin Mill Garage Ltd Volvo F10

Oakley Marathon.

Bedford TM of Woden.

I wondered if the Spanish Dodge with Ferrymasters trailer was one of S W Wreford’s from Northampton?

Chris Webb:
I put some George Bloomer photos on Peak District site and just seen “put’ em on here as well” so here goes…
I worked for George for a few months in 1994 and had an E14 D801 PHD with twin splitter,what a great tool that was even at 8 years old.Photos were sent to me by my old pal Gordon Howarth who is well into his 80s now,and who worked at A E Evans same time as me.George was an ex A E Evans driver who went on his own working for Staveley Chemicals.When I worked for him in 1994 a lot of the runs I was familiar with from Evan’s days,Staveley Chemicals and Bitmac of Scunthorpe and Llanwern.A typical day would be run from Barlborough to Llanwern,tip crude benzene and clean out,reload pure benzene and run and tip ICI(Zeneca) Huddersfield or back to Barlborough depending on hours.Some were double shifted,tipping Hudddersfield early evening and then either reloading crude benzene at Appleby - Frodingham Scunthorpe or BSC Redcar,South Bank Middlesborough or Tees Storage Seal Sands for Llanwern and back to Barlborough.

Great pics Chris,thanks for posting ! You mentioned Staveley Chemicals,heres a Foden advert featuring
a Staveley motor. :wink: :smiley:

Click on page twice for larger version.

smallcoal:

Thanks John for your comments ! :smiley:

smallcoal:

Chris Webb:

smallcoal:

They are heading towards Ross the blue line was most prob loaded for the midlands that is by symonds Yat in the 50mph zone

Thanks John ! :wink:

Suedehead:

DEANB:
C.C.Pritchard Dodge.

J.Cowgill Seddon Atkinson bulker.

British Industrial Sand ERF

FRC Transport Wales Volvo F10/12

BRS Crusader.

G R Stein Crusader

Cant make the name out on the Bedford ■■?

WBS Transport FIAT.

Kwik Save Seddon.
m

Hick’s Ford Transcon.

Cant make out the co name on the Tm but it hails from Scunthorpe.

:unamused: :laughing:

Chris Webb:

Spud1960:

Chris Webb:

Hi Chris

No Spud,he started packing up slowly when Staveley Chemicals closed the BTC plant (benzene,toluene,cyclohexane) and then Bitmac,who were benzole refiners, closed the two refineries at Scunthorpe and Llanwern.I believe he ran a couple of vehicles just to keep two long serving drivers in work but I left him in 1994 so I’m not too clear about the situation. We don’t have many,if any,coking plants nowadays either,maybe one each at Port Talbot,Redcar and Scunthorpe,not sure,and that’s where the crude benzene came from for refining - Staveley were the biggest refiners of it for years.They were the company that made the cyclohexane for Nypro Flixborough which was devastated in an explosion in 1973.

:frowning:

Suedehead:

DEANB:

moomooland:

Nice advert and pic Paul ! :wink:

Heres another one.

jpg[/attachment]

The blue Transcon is Gkn Steelstock . Could be a BRS contract motor and look at the state of the headboard on that trailer.

Thanks “Suedehead” state of the headboard ! :laughing:

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
S.Harrison & Sons Scammells.

Click on pages twice to magnify to read.

Sid Harrison was still running Scammell R8s on internal work in Steel Peech and Tozers late 60s,they didn’t need taxing as they didn’t accumulate enough mileage or summat when crossing main road at Templeborough. I’ve had lifts in their 3 axled Highwaymen two or three times,they were no noisier than AEC Mk3s…THAT’S WHY I’M A BIT DEAF. :laughing:

:laughing:

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
A few Fodens about today.

North Eastern BRS 110 Scania

Cant make the name out on the Dodge ■■?

E Curran & Son Foden.

R & D Transport Foden.

James Lynch & Son Foden.

Metal Box Foden.

H & G Robbins Scania 110

Griffin Mill Garage Ltd Volvo F10

Oakley Marathon.

Bedford TM of Woden.

I wondered if the Spanish Dodge with Ferrymasters trailer was one of S W Wreford’s from Northampton?

:unamused:

New to Staveley Chemicals of Chesterfield in 1982 and later sold to Rush Green Motors in 1988.

DEANB:
Mercedes of P Davis.

Anyone recognise the Transcon ■■?

Dyfed Sludge Disposal Bedford.

Anyone recognise the Seddon atkinson ■■?

J G Thomas Guy.

Bedwells Transport tidy DAF

Looks a horrible load to try and secure on S Dugdale & Son’s Bedford.

Calor ERF

Another of Oakley transport. They must have been a fair size i would imagine as had a few of there’s
on here ■■

Anyone recognise the F10 ■■?

DEANB:

Chris Webb:

Great pics Chris,thanks for posting ! You mentioned Staveley Chemicals,heres a Foden advert featuring
a Staveley motor. :wink: :smiley:

Click on page twice for larger version.

Some more Staveley Chemicals photos,but not mine so will remove if required…

bloomer22.jpg

staveley1.jpg

bloomer13.jpg

bloomer12.jpg

bloomer11.jpg

bloomer4.jpg