Patrick international

i came up the a2 yesterday from dover and saw a black topliner with patrick written in silver on it.
i am curious.
is this the old patrick international from kettering i think?
they used to have white trucks with blue sign writing on them,
mostly volvos as i remember.#
are they back in business?

think these trucks are run by EM Rodgers

Think you right m8 will ask the question in the yard for you tomoz.

they were based near each other and did work together as far as i can remember.
i knew some of the drivers going back to the 80s and early 90s.
i was pleasantly suprised to see this truck on mon morning.
theres not enough english companies going out anymore,and this is from an irish driver.
no matter what english company is mentioned from those times,i probably know them or met someof their drivers along the line in the wine houses in france and italy,or maybe spain.

I think that EM ROGERS owns most of the transport companies in Northants.

i was in calais on sun ben.
i saw 5 em rogers parked up waiting to get off at 22.00 hrs.
he is one of the english firms that are stying in there.
they do italy most of the time,if not all.
its expensive to get to italy now.
i wonder how they keep going when others have stopped doing it.
theres not many uk firms or irish for that matter doing italy anymore.
i just hope the credit crunch wil send a lot of eastern european firms back to where they belong and we can get back to where we left off.

greg50:

by having their own work, but one of the other ways is by using your old favourites polish drivers greg - decent firm all round though, we give them a bit of work occasionally

think rodgers pull mostly jcb’s to italy from the main centre just off the A50.

em rogers now own patrick international you sometimes see the green trucks with patricks old trailers on em rogers also brought kentvale which you can still see around.

a old company i worked for in scotland did a lot of work for rogers in scotland,collecting at the yard and running with it.

The scania you saw had the name PARTRICK wrote on it and not PATRICK,they are also based in northants and have no connection with the old kettering firm.they used to be called S. PARTRICK then PARTRANS and done mainly portugal and are now doing germany.

mr big:
The scania you saw had the name PARTRICK wrote on it and not PATRICK,they are also based in northants and have no connection with the old kettering firm.they used to be called S. PARTRICK then PARTRANS and done mainly portugal and are now doing germany.

Owed by the same family as the old Partrick International in all there are three silver toplines and the black one, based in Wellingborough

mr big:

i know about that other company partrick mr big,i have a friend used to drive for them.
i am certain the black scania i saw had patrick on it.
as em own the lot,its irrelevant anyway
em rogers are a long time doing the jcb work.
i did some loads for them through another 10 percenter many years ago.
bringing jcbs to greece.that was in the late 80s.

jj72:

greg50:

by having their own work, but one of the other ways is by using your old favourites polish drivers greg - decent firm all round though, we give them a bit of work occasionally

i never spoke to any of them as i didnt recognise them.
this is a cancer that is ruining our pay rises.
i have nothing personal against the easterners,but they dont ask for pay rises and theres too many of them over here and in ireland,you will soon need to speak polish to get on in life.
i was on to a building society in dublin last week[begging again]
it was an eastern european i spoke to,and difficult to understand…
they are in every ■■■■ and cranny over there.
my daughter is a cop over there,she tells me,there a few of them in the force.
i knwo the answer they would get off me if they ask to see my license and insurance.
i would end up in handcuffs as my darling daughter politely told me.
i wouldnt care.
i am sick of the changes i see in ireland especially with all of these that have landed on our shores.

One of the best!

( pic resized please keep pic’s 680 size) jd

thats it gazzer.
the same ol patrick colors.
although i am not on the road at the moment,i do miss seeing all the old fimiliars when i do head off to italy.