Pathetic sentence

Can’t believe this guy only got an 8 month sentence for drink driving on the wrong side of the M6 in an HGC artic.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi … m-19206414

"Three lorry drivers formed a blockade to stop Korbely near to junction 10 of the M6, at Walsall, late on 7 July.
Judge Paul Farrer QC said the drivers would each receive a £250 reward".

I wonder if that’s taxable or not:smiley:

This seems to be the culture of East European drivers.
I remember not so long ago on one of the TV police programmes,one east european driver was ■■■■■■ legless in Dover docks and they parked him up until he was sober!!!WTF? I bet none of us would get away so lightly,but there again,none of us would try to drive in this condition,would we■■?
How many more of them are on the road as we speak?

He should have got a minimum of 3yrs served for attempted mass murder, then deported and barred for life from returning to this country.

Congrats to the guys who blocked him, regardless of the hype of bravery from the media that actually was a brave thing to do for sure, media got that bit right for once it seems, anyway, bravo guys. :slight_smile:

Its one thing to be drunk in a foreign country and accidentally forget to drive on the left, but to do so and then carry on barrelling up the road for 10 miles against the flow of busy traffic blasting their horns and swerving before being forced to stop suggests to me that there is a bit more to this than him just being drunk & unaware. It stinks of some sort of drunken mass murder attempt or at least that he was getting a thrill out of it.

See for being absolutely pished his lane discipline is remarkable :wink:

A big well done for the drivers who blocked him. A brave thing to do worth more than £250

rob22888:
Its one thing to be drunk in a foreign country and accidentally forget to drive on the left, but to do so and then carry on barrelling up the road for 10 miles against the flow of busy traffic blasting their horns and swerving before being forced to stop suggests to me that there is a bit more to this than him just being drunk & unaware. It stinks of some sort of drunken mass murder attempt or at least that he was getting a thrill out of it.

Possibly an attempted suicide, but he stopped when confronted with the only things big enough to kill him.

There is no excuses for what this idiot has done, he should be banned for ever.

those truck drivers risked there lives to stop this %$£%^&.

Good job guys. Now that’s what you call a professional driver

The length of ban is irrelevant, as it only applies to UK roads. The prat is still free to drive anywhere else in Euroland (and beyond).

rob22888:

I’m not entirely convinced about that, an English registered car being driven by a woman once came flying towards me on the M6. I managed to swerve out of the way just in time but she kept on going, against the flow of the motorway until she had disappeared from my rear-view mirrors.

Two things I remember were the look of sheer terror and confusion on her face (“What are all of these people doing, driving the wrong way on the motorway?”), and the fact that it happened on Red Nose Day- either the first or second Red Nose Day ever.

although i agree he should be punished, i also think he should be helped. he appears to have been so drunk that he didn’t know what he was doing.
i’m not trying to make any excuses for him. but what is worse, someone that drinks 6 pints then drives? he knows exactly what he’s doing.
or someone that has no intention of driving, but ends up drinking so much that he drives without knowing it?
kind of like sleep walking.

Rumour has it, he’d already been turned down in a role of a Stobarts driver :exclamation: The reason given was that he was over qualified :exclamation:

No, he was Hungarian instead of Polish! :stuck_out_tongue:

containers_only:
Rumour has it, he’d already been turned down in a role of a Stobarts driver :exclamation: The reason given was that he was over qualified :exclamation:

Hahaha not sure if this is as funny as your comment on the other thread or not. No really, you are a very, and I mean, VERY, funny guy. Containers only? Is that because you are fat and bone idle, and this is the only job your are capable of? ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■.

happysack:

containers_only:

Hahaha not sure if this is as funny as your comment on the other thread or not. No really, you are a very, and I mean, VERY, funny guy. Containers only? Is that because you are fat and bone idle, and this is the only job your are capable of? [zb] ■■■■■.

You must work for stobarts :bulb: you have my sympathy, may you brain rest in piece :exclamation: