Pat

I’ve been a member of these forums for long enough to have seen all the threads which Pat has started or has been involved in, either directly herself or from the organisation she runs.

I’ve seen all the arguments, ■■■■■■■■ and slanging and to be perfectly frank I think it’s pathetic, childish and totally unjustified, but yet it still continues to this day.

We all have different opinions and that’s what makes the forums such a good read. Some of us hold stronger opinions than others (my good self included) and sometimes we cross swords with each other and things start to get silly but hey, that’s life.

When I first became a member, Pat used to be a prolific member of these forums and a fairly regular poster and thread-contributer but since all these petty arguments started regarding her organisation she’s virtually been shunned off the site altogether and I think that that’s bang out of order.

For Heaven’s sake, we’re all doing the same job at the end of the day - driving wagons; batting for the same team etc, so why all this hate of Pat and her organisation? So what if she may have - in the past[/b] - tried to gain more interest in her organisation? I don’t see any link to her organisation in any of her posts now so why are you all giving her a hard time? She is trying to improve the conditions for us, not for the good of her health so why continue to knock her? So what if joining the organisation costs you a couple of quid? So what if there’s talk of Trucknet topics on their forums?
NO-ONE’S FORCING YOU TO JOIN / READ THE FORUMS / HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ORGANISATION
To me, Pat should be welcomed on these forums just like any other member and I really hope that all this sillyness and mud-slinging stops and stops right now.
Pat, I look forward to reading your posts and replies and you’re most welcome to contribute to any of my threads at any time.
Finally, I can’t see anywhere that I have broken any site rules so there should be no reason for this post to be removed or edited this time.

As Rob says, its not an us and them forum, why have enemies when we all have a common interest.

After all , if this was a racist forum, the arguments could be justified.

The only thing that annoys me, as a relatively new member, is when you post something and people completely go off it.

All I can say is, Fish Wives, keep your comments to yourselves.

All we wanna do is " Keep on truckin’ " :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers,

Niall.

Rob

Before I go any further, may I apologise in advance if this post comes across as being a little harsh in places. I am no good at “softly,softly” at the best of times, and even less so at times of stress.

With all due respect, the whole history of the relationship between the PDA and TruckNet - and Pat and Rikki - is rooted way back before you came to this forum. I do not wish and do not intend to go into details here. It iis simply one of those situations where you will simply have to accept that you don’t know the full story and probably never will…and that sometimes you have to accept that the decisions of people who know more than you on a certain subject are the right ones.

The original version of this post was NOT edited or deleted, since - as you quite rightly point out - it breaks no rules. All we can think is that there must have been a temporary bug in the software which has since righted itself. Last time I looked (about 5 minutes ago) it showed no trouble…however I will keep an eye, as obviously any problem of this sort needs remedying if it beomes a regular thing.

Coffeeholic has done nothing in any way wrong, and he has not edited anything which shouldn’t have been edited.

Now can we PLEASE “put this to bed” :confused:

rob,
we dont deny that the pda are trying to do the best for all of us, but why is it neccessary to hijack a thread that we were having a laugh with :question: :question: :question:
pat has her right to free speach as much as the rest of us but through the right channels by starting a new thread.
you throwing your toys out of the pram isnt going to help your cause and i for one wouldnt want to see you get banned as well as i enjoy reading your posts
just a thought
chris

pat has her right to free speach as much as the rest of us but through the right channels by starting a new thread.

Actually, that’s only true so long as it doesn’t involve the PDA. We spent months trying to sort this one out with various agreements both in public and in private, every single one of which was ignored by the PDA when it suited them to do so.

As a direct result of this, we introduced a blanket ban on any PDA business being discussed in any form on this site by any member. Pat knew this.

On a personal note, I am sick to death of watching the effect that this level of stress has on Rikki. It may only be a bulletin board to you, but to him it’s his heart and soul. This sort of thing breaks his heart. That, in turn, breaks mine.

I,m sorry, but I’m scratching my head a bit here.

I am only registered to TruckNet U.K, and U.S.A…

Why are other members registered to other sites, with the same username, and discussing the same posts that are on TruckNet U.K. ?

Cheers,

Niall.

LucyR:
Rob

Before I go any further, may I apologise in advance if this post comes across as being a little harsh in places. I am no good at “softly,softly” at the best of times, and even less so at times of stress.

With all due respect, the whole history of the relationship between the PDA and TruckNet - and Pat and Rikki - is rooted way back before you came to this forum. I do not wish and do not intend to go into details here. It iis simply one of those situations where you will simply have to accept that you don’t know the full story and probably never will…and that sometimes you have to accept that the decisions of people who know more than you on a certain subject are the right ones.

The original version of this post was NOT edited or deleted, since - as you quite rightly point out - it breaks no rules. All we can think is that there must have been a temporary bug in the software which has since righted itself. Last time I looked (about 5 minutes ago) it showed no trouble…however I will keep an eye, as obviously any problem of this sort needs remedying if it beomes a regular thing.

Coffeeholic has done nothing in any way wrong, and he has not edited anything which shouldn’t have been edited.

Now can we PLEASE “put this to bed” :confused:

Lucy

Will equal amounts of due respect :slight_smile: it is true that I have not been here ‘right from the start’, however, the numerous posts in the interim have always, at some point, brought up events and confrontations between you guys from the past so the whole picture from day 1 is (was) there for all to see.

Whilst I don’t disagree that “hi-jacking” your thread of pranging-ness :laughing: was wrong, Pat’s fourth post on page 2 holds a lot of truth even if it should have appeared on a separate thread :confused: .

I appreciate that you have a rule that bans any direct mention to Pat’s organisation because of the trouble it causes the admin/mod teams with other members (like myself) airing their opinions on Pat and the organisation but surely, like Pat says, it’s very close to the line of freedom of speech? After all, these are forums and surely that’s what forums are all about; discussion?

Pat’s reply to Ian was evidently meant in good taste and rather tongue-in-cheek. It was obviously concerning some previous issue and probably should have been sent direct to Ian on that occasion but I have noticed myself on numerous occasions where Pat has innocently replied to a topic that the same members time and time again jump straight in with both feet with accusations flying that she is slyly trying to promote her organisation and any sane person can see that that is not the case at all; she is merely trying to participate in the daily discussion topics. I don’t see the people who launch the attacks on her ever disciplined for it :imp: .

Some would think that certain members of the forums and admin/moderator teams have issues with Pat herself rather than issues simply with her organisation and she is not at all welcome on the site.

Just my observations as an outsider. Take them or leave them, I hold no grudges.

With respect.

That’s about the biggiest load of tosh I’ve seen posted here in a long time, and this is from someone who knows quite a bit about the code behind phpbb

I would think twice before implying I am a liar Henk, because that is what you are doing.

It’s quite simple, there was - and still is - too much argument brought about through PDA issues being discussed on TruckNet UK. Therefore, under the provisions of Forum Rule 5, the subject is BANNED. End of story.

Thankyou for your comments Rob, but as has already been said, you do not know the full story - much of which has unfolded in the Mods Forum and by e-mail/telephone. This one you’re just going to have to accept, I’m afraid… :wink:

It doesn’t do either site any good, after all…

You have a p.m. Neil

I never said YOU where a liar coffee, just making a remark about the so called “Glitch” in the software :smiley: :smiley:

Henk:
That’s about the biggiest load of tosh I’ve seen posted here in a long time, and this is from someone who knows quite a bit about the code behind phpbb

In that case, it shall forever remain a mystery. One of those things. :unamused:

One thing is for sure, no-one edited anything out. That is a fact.

Perhaps you may have an idea which may help us Henk, since you’re a code man…? :wink:

LucyR:
It’s quite simple, there was - and still is - too much argument brought about through PDA issues being discussed on TruckNet UK. Therefore, under the provisions of Forum Rule 5, the subject is BANNED. End of story.

Thankyou for your comments Rob, but as has already been said, you do not know the full story - much of which has unfolded in the Mods Forum and by e-mail/telephone. This one you’re just going to have to accept, I’m afraid… :wink:

It doesn’t do either site any good, after all…

Fair enough :confused: :astonished:

Henk:
I never said YOU where a liar coffee, just making a remark about the so called “Glitch” in the software

I said you were implying it because Rob accused me of deleting his post which I have said I didn’t do and inded I didn’t, which is why Lucy gave that explanation and by saying her explanation is false you are indeed implying I am a liar. You want to think about that before you go any further because I do not take kindly to that and will take action.

blimey! whats all this about! handbags at dawn? i`ve only been off an hr to watch audrey harrison boxing… this is more interesting :unamused: :wink:
after posting this i read the post with the trouble in. isnt it time we ALL calmed down a bit? my kids dont go off like this. DO YOU ALL DRIVE TRUCKS? YES. now for ■■■■■ sake stop bickering

Well said Jonboy :exclamation:

Who is Henk? Who is Pat? and what the *** is the PDA

The only mention of the PDA I have seen is Alikat, I thought it was some american farmers site

Wheel Nut:
Who is Henk? Who is Pat? and what the *** is the PDA

The only mention of the PDA I have seen is Alikat, I thought it was some american farmers site

Were not allowed to say!!
We will be bombarded by them if we do!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

It’s OK TC I’ll do it. Wheel Nut you will find answers to your query and lots of PDA info here. :wink: