Pat seale's volvo in shirleys livery?

does any one know if shirleys of cellerhead have bought pat’s old volvo,i went to the kelsall rally on sunday and saw a volvo with a extended sleeper just like the one pat added to his motor,it’s now in shirleys livery,and looking very tidy,post if you know,cheers.

GAZ70:
does any one know if shirleys of cellerhead have bought pat’s old volvo,i went to the kelsall rally on sunday and saw a volvo with a extended sleeper just like the one pat added to his motor,it’s now in shirleys livery,and looking very tidy,post if you know,cheers.

yes that is Pat Seals old Volvo. next time you see it take a look at the back of the cab Pat`s name is on the back

christ that was quick,and a ace photo too,i thought it must of been pats because of the sleeper,and i never looked at the back in detail cos my kid’s were asking for ice lolly’s :slight_smile: ,mind you it was a scorcher.thanks mate. :wink:

Was it a Stoke-based lorry originally?

jonmea:

lovley job right there :sunglasses: Has anybody got any interior pics please :smiley:

fryske:

I believe it was originally imported from Belgium by Comarts, hence the Potteries registration

Not ■■■■■■■■ but I can’t see why anyone would want to preserve it in a livery it never ran in, one of Pat’s colour schemes or even Comart yes, but not Shirley’s as lovely a livery as it is. Just personal preference I suppose…

jj72:

fryske:

I believe it was originally imported from Belgium by Comarts, hence the Potteries registration

Not ■■■■■■■■ but I can’t see why anyone would want to preserve it in a livery it never ran in, one of Pat’s colour schemes or even Comart yes, but not Shirley’s as lovely a livery as it is. Just personal preference I suppose…

We discussed this at Gaydon and agreed, it looks lovely but it is no longer original, to be honest it looked better with dust and sand on it.

I think the new owner is a fitter who worked at Shirleys

Poor old pat…

Hiya …Pats volvo was for sale for a while and there was no buyers. Shirleys was phoned and asked if they
wanted to buy her…Clayton who drives for Shirleys took up the offer and restored her at Shirleys yard.
I think this makes you obliged to take the garage owners livery after been aloud to have full use of equipment.
As said on another site if you really wanted the truck to stay in Pats livery why did’nt you buy her.
At kelsall show out of the 400 lorries there was’nt many in origanal livery…Shirley’s been 1 of them
Smiths of Bury another, infact the Atkinson on a IICR K plate was one owner from new. malcom harrison
had three lorries their that was all other people’s vehicals when new as was Thomas’s from Guyern.
It would seem if you wanted origanal livery there would’nt have been more than about 15 lorries at the show.
Just think if knowone had have paid the asking price and scrap been high as it is at the moment, and many
many gas axes lurking about it may have been a Fiat 500 now. you would’nt have been impressed with a new
Fiat in palce of CLAYTONS Volvo would you.
John

3300John:
Hiya …Pats volvo was for sale for a while and there was no buyers. Shirleys was phoned and asked if they
wanted to buy her…Clayton who drives for Shirleys took up the offer and restored her at Shirleys yard.
I think this makes you obliged to take the garage owners livery after been aloud to have full use of equipment.
As said on another site if you really wanted the truck to stay in Pats livery why did’nt you buy her.
At kelsall show out of the 400 lorries there was’nt many in origanal livery…Shirley’s been 1 of them
Smiths of Bury another, infact the Atkinson on a IICR K plate was one owner from new. malcom harrison
had three lorries their that was all other people’s vehicals when new as was Thomas’s from Guyern.
It would seem if you wanted origanal livery there would’nt have been more than about 15 lorries at the show.
Just think if knowone had have paid the asking price and scrap been high as it is at the moment, and many
many gas axes lurking about it may have been a Fiat 500 now. you would’nt have been impressed with a new
John

hello john,
how are you mate?i totally agree with your point of view.though we are very biased,as we and others like us, know only too well the effort,cost and sacrifices that create a restoration project into a road legal show entry.at malvern this year that 88 for me,stole the show.it’s such a shame that armchair critics have to sit in their armchairs and criticise :unamused: good luck to all at shirley’s for saving this classic motor from the gas axe :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
regards andrew.

3300John:
John

Totally agree.

I dont think it should matter whose livery they are painted in its all down to the preservation of the lorry that counts and fair play to all the lads that take the time and the cost that must go with it for doing such a great job.

Hi Guys

I knew Pat very well before he passed away and made several journeys far and wide in my Volvo chugging along with Pat in front and behind, he was an absolute wonderful guy and im so glad some-one took up the challange to keep this truck in circulation ,I do believe they have a history board in front of the Truck at shows ,and I agree the colour makes no difference ,as his Name is on the rear panel ,Well done to Shirleys,no matter what anyone else says

Roger Haywood

Oh dear…

When people criticise a vehicle for not being in original livery it really gets my goat.

It cost us nearly £3000 to put our first project into it’s original livery, granted it looked fantastic but that was money we couldn’t spend the next time. This time round it cost £80 for a set of vinyls on the existing sound paint job and it still looks like a working vehicle. Few marks here and there, looks like it has been at work for 6/7 years which is the look we are after even if we can’t afford the livery it had then. Add in the diesel, tax, MOT, insurance, maintenance and as long as we don’t paint it pink with blue polka dots then whats the problem? We display the vehicles history in the windscreen anyway.

3300John:
John

+1 and as sinbin said they have a picture board and some writing detailing the trucks history when they show it as I saw it at Truckfest

hi andrew i agree pats seals volvo wat a fab job shirlys driver done on it as for the armchair critics a bit greeneye id love too own it and done wat he done regars rowland

Hi Roger
I’m midway through doing a painting of your old Volvo, and guess what :question: :question: :question:
I’ve done Pat’s parked behind it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Jerry

sinbin31:
Hi Guys

I knew Pat very well before he passed away and made several journeys far and wide in my Volvo chugging along with Pat in front and behind, he was an absolute wonderful guy and im so glad some-one took up the challange to keep this truck in circulation ,I do believe they have a history board in front of the Truck at shows ,and I agree the colour makes no difference ,as his Name is on the rear panel ,Well done to Shirleys,no matter what anyone else says

Roger Haywood

Hiya …if you saw Clayton who owns the Volvo now you’d have to have a double take. he looks just like Pat.
Its not a style hes taken he’s looked like it for years.when Pats brother met Clayton he just hugged him.
Clayton also has another classic thats in the paint shop…A good chap who loves trucks
John

pete 359:
hello john,
how are you mate?i totally agree with your point of view.though we are very biased,as we and others like us, know only too well the effort,cost and sacrifices that create a restoration project into a road legal show entry.at malvern this year that 88 for me,stole the show.it’s such a shame that armchair critics have to sit in their armchairs and criticise :unamused: good luck to all at shirley’s for saving this classic motor from the gas axe :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
regards andrew.

I am not an armchair critic, it is just that I knew Pat Seals. I have helped him change tyres (not wheels) on that vehicle over a great weekend in Czech. I also knew a lot of Shirleys drivers and we often cleaned out in their yard so love the look of Arthurs old motors. JJ72 builds models. I appreciate anything old. We both said it would be nice to have kept it as we remember it.

I do appreciate a good restoration, or even just a standard old working truck. That is why I pay to go and see these shows, Gaydon recently, Elvaston Castle this coming weekend for steam, vintage and classic lorries, tractors, bikes and cars.

Clayton has made a good job of the lorry, no one is knocking his efforts where I am sat :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed Malc, dunno why everyone took umbrage when I did say it was just personal preference :laughing:

The restoration is a great job, Shirley’s livery is an absolute classic - I just don’t agree with the idea, but that’s ‘only’ me!