Pat Seale's F88 now for sale

Hullo,
I’ve seen a few ■■■■■■■ where the 5th lacehole would only be about half way home.
Cheers, Archie.

Hullo,
Pat Seals’ Volvo was when Pat was using it an Icon. Everybody knew it, it looked the Part, and Pat kept in a good mechanical condition. However when it was then bought and brought back to what looks like almost perfect condition it lost all of its Identity. When it was Pat’s you could admire it for the job it was doing. Now, well I suppose you could admire it, but for a different reason. It is no longer an Icon, just a Showpiece.
Cheers, Archie.

Archie Paice:
Hullo,
I’ve seen a few ■■■■■■■ where the 5th lacehole would only be about half way home.
Cheers, Archie.

No way would I attempt to kick one of those “■■■■■■■” Arch,I’d probably lose my boot eh! Cheers Dennis.

Well put Archie I ran with Pat on several occasions Sat behind him on many a steep hill that old 240 was slow but got there everytime when he past away I thought the truck was going to be revitalized to its working spec and shown at show,s with the history of Pat and his life with the Truck,shame :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: but it looks good now but its not the same truck as far as im concerned,

Roger Haywood

Hi All
Woulr just taking the headboard off & painting it back light blue be enough?
Rich

dont be silly

Hi All
Woulr just taking the headboard off & painting it back light blue be enough?
Richtribsa

by Loose-wire » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:05 pm

dont be silly

Rich,
In answer to your fecetious remark, Yes it obviously would be OK for some people. But I really do think that you’ve missed the whole point.

Roger,
I think you’ve summed it up well.
Cheers, Archie.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Hope you’re not expecting to make a profit at around 6 mpg?

I’ve made enough profit out of all the others I’ve ran that did 6mpg Chap…

Its a lovely looking machine & its a credit to whoever has restored it, I hope it goes to a good home & whoever gets to drive it has a great hairy face, I remember Steve Chambers telling him he looked like a squirrel having a ■■■■, He was sucking on a roll up at the time…

Hi all
I realise it will never be the same and am a firm belever of dont fix wot aint broke just thought it would help.
I do have a large beard & a 240 F88 so if anyone (Bewick) wants to throw 25 -30 this way, I do have the light blue paint.
I do understand the legend Archie.
Cheers Rich

Hi Tribsa I thought you were gonna restore that old 88 of your Rich ■■ :laughing: :laughing:

Regards Jimmer

fly sheet:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Hope you’re not expecting to make a profit at around 6 mpg?

I’ve made enough profit out of all the others I’ve ran that did 6mpg Chap…

Its a lovely looking machine & its a credit to whoever has restored it, I hope it goes to a good home & whoever gets to drive it has a great hairy face, I remember Steve Chambers telling him he looked like a squirrel having a [zb], He was sucking on a roll up at the time…

So I said to this Rumanian copper “you can stick that speeding ticket where a squirrel sticks his roll ups”. :laughing:

Just remember the truck as it was. An awesome looking machine.

F88 longline.jpg

I see Pat’s motor changed hands for £16,000 at the last auction, but how much is the history worth?
I believe it’s still in Arthur Shirley’s colours.

That’s quite cheap as I’ve seen f88s advertised for 25-30k before