Pastures New

Well then Ladies&Gents,tomorrow I have an interview with Sensible Automotive(ESL Automotive). Having been a tanker driver for most of my 24yrs as a Class 1 this is a complete step into the new world. I jacked my old job a week last friday after a rather insulting and derisory pay offer. Put my Cv on the net and literally my inbox/phone melted with all kinds of offers.I really do believe that this CPC issue has everybody running scared as i’ve been able to almost write my own pay rate. If things don’t go to plan tomorrow,my old boss has even requested me to go back via agency on +£3hr :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
I don’t get this…if he can’t give the lads a decent rise,how can he afford to flood the yard with agency men on a far superior rate and doing the most menial trunk/changeover work,maxxing out hours while the rest of us did the tramping?

Ahh well…i’ve heard allsorts of reports re Transporters,from best job ever to rather have leprosy. First time in years I can say i’ve got that nervous/excited feeling in my gut. Apparently you either take to it or don’t.

We shall see…

good luck, fella!

Nice one buddy,a change is as good as a rest,so my mam sez :laughing: :laughing:

Duplicate!

Why sensible? Is it not less money than the Stobart Automotive rates? That’s what I was told on my induction/training anyway, hence why it’s kept separate.

I left Stobart Automotive last Friday as I was sick of having a 22 year old lad giving me poor paying work and loads that wouldn’t fit on the trailer, even though I was the third chap to be given that load.

It’s no wonder that the yard at Doncaster is full of empty wagons and they are constantly advertising.

Good luck with it!

Good luck mate :smiley:

Judehamish:
Why sensible? Is it not less money than the Stobart Automotive rates? That’s what I was told on my induction/training anyway, hence why it’s kept separate.

I left Stobart Automotive last Friday as I was sick of having a 22 year old lad giving me poor paying work and loads that wouldn’t fit on the trailer, even though I was the third chap to be given that load.

It’s no wonder that the yard at Doncaster is full of empty wagons and they are constantly advertising.

Good luck with it!

Thats the spirit,put the mockers on it before he starts :unamused: :unamused:

Was not intended in that manner.

Could he not give the sensible a miss and go for the Stobart Automotive proper, for the proper pay rates?

That was the point of the post. If the the Op prefers auction work at less money that is his prerogative.

How is that putting the mockers on anything?

Judehamish:
Was not intended in that manner.

Could he not give the sensible a miss and go for the Stobart Automotive proper, for the proper pay rates?

That was the point of the post. If the the Op prefers auction work at less money that is his prerogative.

How is that putting the mockers on anything?

Sorry m8,i thought it was all the same thing,i dont know much about esl or cartransporters ,i will keep my mouth shut :blush: :blush:

Wasn’t meaning to be funny was trying to be helpful!!

Am I to understand that Stobbies have two separate car transporting divisions then? If so why?

can i ask where you put your CV online?? I fancy a go at this, could be the sort of thing i need to get a foot in the door somewhere :slight_smile:

Cheers

B…

Hey Fellas,
As far as i’m aware this post will be under the ESL automotive banner,i’ll be based Widnes anyway. Sadly interview got cancelled today,the TM not being able to get up to Widnes due to unforseen circs(it even happens to ops managers!) but after a nice chat on the phone i’ve been pencilled in for a 29th Sept start date,thank God for good references,and a good reminder never to leave a previous job on bad terms!

As for posting CV…I went on CV library,and picked 3 of the best local agencies to me,I got a reply and job offer from 90% of jobs I sent my CV to,but am holding out for this transporter job,as it’s the best salary. One thing I have been told though,this CPC driver shortage is REAL,and pretty soon any decent driver can write his own payslip.

Handed my notice in last Monday. Over 15 years same job, night trunking. Runs are getting longer & longer, we have five over 700k now and they just come round too often. Hats off to my colleagues, I don’t know how some of them do it.

Wish you well :wink:

Mr Physick:
Hey Fellas, this CPC driver shortage is REAL,and pretty soon any decent driver can write his own payslip.

:lol::lol::lol: I think some hauliers would rather shut up shop than give drivers a raise of any sort-we shall see.