Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Over under sideways down?

What…Who said that? :wink: oops wrong group :blush: :blush: it were them birds int’ yard

Regards John.

Hi wrighty if you’re looking in, a neighbour in Inverness yesterday.
Oily

windrush:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Magirus were around in the UK in the sixties Graham. archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … -standards

Pete.

Hello windrush ,in south Wales …Entress Transport,and John Evans had Magirus units during the 1960s …Geraint

Buzzer:
Now then, now then is this an Atki with a homebrew sleeper cab or what, anyone know the company ? Buzzer

think it was done by a coachbuilder I think Gardner240 knows who did this conversion on the atki`s :sunglasses: note it has single rectangle with chrome bezel headlights
like scammell crusader ones :question: :open_mouth:

29 May 1985
Christian Salvesen
Droitwich Spa Depot
Worcs Eng
Sea Serpent, Jack Easton, Better known as ‘Johnie Onions’
A real gentleman in the world of reefer haulage,
Always wore a black beret and a knitted jumper.
Always had time for a chat…the trailer was also painted
with a giant sea serpent, which i heard Jack did himself,

gingerfold:
Two “cracks” from 4-feet of scaffolding tube on the wheel brace bar did the trick.

I had a torque wrench like that in my tipper days!

Steve

Do you think this truck is overloaded or is it that the air bags have let it drop, Buzzer

I’d bet a shilling that it was overweight. Those compressed straw bales are heavy.

Parked in a lane in Cheshire certainly looks to have been there’s while
No idea what it’s based upon

robthedog:

I’m most surprised that,I think,Hydrocon is still there,I used to live in Weaverham and used to pass that way sometimes going to Northwich from the M56.
During the winter months,there is an Xmas tree lighting display up high on the end of the jib,bit of a land mark.

David

5thwheel:

robthedog:

I’m most surprised that,I think,Hydrocon is still there,I used to live in Weaverham and used to pass that way sometimes going to Northwich from the M56.
During the winter months,there is an Xmas tree lighting display up high on the end of the jib,bit of a land mark.

Yep still there and covered In lights up the jib

David

oiltreader:
Hi wrighty if you’re looking in, a neighbour in Inverness yesterday.
Oily

Evening Oily

Yes Metcalfe’s of Appersett near Hawes, the trucks are now based at Brompton on Swale next to the A1 but their office is still at Appersett.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190605_005.jpg

It is a Hydracon crane which were usually based on Albion chassis.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Modified LAD cab?

I once owned KLV 45R bought with a blown 290 motor quite common as they over revved down hill, fitted an old 240 motor in her out of a crashed motor first trip out to recover another F88 on the top of Mont Cenis, Buzzer

peterm:
Modified LAD cab?

The cab looks a bit Scamell Michelotti like, without the washboard effect. :wink:

A proper mongrel.

Thanks to pyewacket947v, Buzzer, robthedog and wrighty for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily

Paint your Wagon, all credit to Peter Schöler for the photo.

Two pictures from the same location in Liverpool in the 1960s. The 2 Liverpool Corporation Leyland Atlanteans
are about to turn right into Ranelagh Street, and the bronze naked man statue on Lewiss building on the left is known locally as " Dickie Lewis ". He is standing on the prow of a ship, probably with Liverpools seagoing history.
The TK Bedford is Bradleys, Men & Boys Outfitters who I think were from Chester. It has a Chester number plate.
Pictures from Bootle History Forum.